PDA

View Full Version : Why are people already complaining o.o

Ioder
08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I've noticed a lot around these forums that people are complaining about some game features, such as difficulty, fight simulations, and so on. How are people already have problems with this, when the game releases in 4 almost 3 months. Sure some things are not what you want in a demo but it is still only a stage presentation. Black Widow said somewhere that the actual game is harder than it appears, because if at the show people find the game too challenging, they don't suggest/buy it. I say people wait until we get 2 months further into the waiting, and then comment on gameplay.

LightRey
08-23-2011, 04:32 PM
I know. I think it's ridiculous too.

ShaneO7K
08-23-2011, 04:35 PM
People expect too much from a small demo.

Ioder
08-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I know. I think it's ridiculous too.
Thank you, someone else sees whats happening. Why does nobody praise Ubisoft? They've done so much with the series with hours after hours after hours of work. Give them time to actually further complete the game before you start ranting about all the demos.

ProdiGurl
08-23-2011, 04:36 PM
I totally agree -
As I see it, no game will please every gamer 100% no matter how good it is becuz everybody likes & hates different things.

I was going to start a thread in a gaming forum somewhere asking if we've gotten spoiled & anal with our games in general. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif lol

My advice would be not to buy them if they suck or wait awhile before you buy one & check out youtube walkthru's & read gamer comments in reviews first.
If it's something you won't like, don't pick it up.

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 04:37 PM
You know what's ridiculous? Having to wait for it. Seriously I am so not patient when it comes to games

My main interest flat out is finding out about Desmond and 16. Everything else is a bonus. Besides, they are still working on the game as I type this response. Nothing is finalized yet.

@Prodi:you really expect people will do that? be honest

ShaneO7K
08-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I totally agree -
As I see it, no game will please every gamer 100% no matter how good it is becuz everybody likes & hates different things.

I was going to start a thread in a gaming forum somewhere asking if we've gotten spoiled & anal with our games in general. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif lol

My advice would be not to buy them if they suck or wait awhile before you buy one & check out youtube walkthru's & read gamer comments in reviews first.

The gaming community has gotten that way, they will ask for something and once they get it they will complain as much as possible. One example of this is Altairs voice change which the fan base had asked for.

Ioder
08-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
You know what's ridiculous? Having to wait for it. Seriously I am so not patient when it comes to games

My main interest flat out is finding out about Desmond and 16. Everything else is a bonus. Besides, they are still working on the game as I type this response. Nothing is finalized yet.
I know, I feel the same way. I've been DYING to find a good game that'll keep me interested until ACR. Nothing. It's dreadful sitting here.. waiting... waiting.. and waiting some more. I can't stand it!

NewBlade200
08-23-2011, 04:41 PM
A large amount of the stuff we're complaining about seems to be unbalanced and either exacerbates old problems or causes new ones, and we haven't seen anything that counters or balances these things.

LightRey
08-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
A large amount of the stuff we're complaining about seems to be unbalanced and either exacerbates old problems or causes new ones, and we haven't seen anything that counters or balances these things.
Maybe that's because that's not what demos are for.

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 04:44 PM
@Ioder: You could play that Mass Effect rpg game. Or online play Black Ops. I hear those are pretty addicting and should last you

Dralight
08-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Haha i know what you mean, it feels like too long to wait. D:

Yeah i'm really interested in finding out about Des and S16 too. Also looking forward to seeing what this Nexus is linking Altair, Ezio and Desmond.

LightRey
08-23-2011, 04:46 PM
@Ioder: You could play that Mass Effect rpg game. Or online play Black Ops. I hear those are pretty addicting and should last you
I'd also suggest Minecraft if you haven't bought it already. It'll keep you busy for at least 2 weeks straight.

Calvarok
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
If we only complained about stuff AFTER release, they'd have no time to fix things that they wouldn't have otherwise been trying to fix.

ProdiGurl
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM

@Prodi:you really expect people will do that? be honest

Ya I do Mik - I do it myself all the time.
Granted, I don't have the $$ to buy new games when they come out. When they hit $20 & $30, I buy the ones I wanted.

AC is the first series I'm splurging to get it when it comes out - I like it that much.

But I wouldn't spend $50-$60 on a game I had complaints about if they were that bad.
I guess I'm just weird that way, I can wait for things & take my time.

ProdiGurl
08-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I totally agree -

The gaming community has gotten that way, they will ask for something and once they get it they will complain as much as possible. One example of this is Altairs voice change which the fan base had asked for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The funny thing is how Ubisoft can't win for losing in some of this -
people "can't wait" for the game & scream for it to come out yesterday,
then when they rush, people bag on them for 'milking' AC. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif LOL

I really pity these companies sometimes.
Maybe what they're doing is making some purposely impossible areas or adding some irritating things as paybacks to their chronic critics http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LightRey
08-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
If we only complained about stuff AFTER release, they'd have no time to fix things that they wouldn't have otherwise been trying to fix.
Yes, but such complaints should be based on previous games alone, not demos. Demos are made for demonstrations (omg, what a coincidence!) and are therefore just for showing off graphics, new features and a little bit of the storyline.

Ioder
08-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Played black ops, it is fun but not what I'm looking for. I will look into Mass Effect though.

@LightRey, Minecraft eh? I'll look at it.

ProdiGurl
08-23-2011, 04:54 PM
When I started gaming, Sierra was the big company, the graphics looked cartoonish & hacky - full of glitches & other unsightly things, but I LOVED the games becuz I got into them despite some of the crap (we didn't know any better either - technology takes time) -

But this leads me to think people are spoiled anymore. And unappreciative. It's sad. I'd be angry if I were a game company & maybe that's why they don't listen to us gamers much,
it would be painful if I put my heart & soul into a game & read alot of these comments.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
@Prodi:actually they're weird for not actually doing the thing you do. Buying games they already have a negative preconception about just to complain. Rather than not buy it? 'thats' weird. And thats a good skill, I'm just not that patient

NewBlade200
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Maybe that's because that's not what demos are for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The devs could give us something solid in an interview that confirms the guards will be more challenging (saying they will have some of the same things as Ezio is too vague as it could mean they could simply have a fast aim crossbow), or perhaps saying there will be no desynce for being detected. Instead we get promises of Ezio and his assassins being stronger, faster and infinitely deadlier than everyone else.

ProdiGurl
Originally posted by Ioder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
Played black ops, it is fun but not what I'm looking for. I will look into Mass Effect though.

@LightRey, Minecraft eh? I'll look at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mass Effect 2 was GREAT.

Blind2Society
08-23-2011, 04:57 PM
deja vu...

Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Why do people make threads where they cry about people making threads where they cry about something. You are all crying, the reason is irrelevant. Knock it off.

I retract me previous vote and note vote for this thread as the most pointless thread of all time.

Animuses
08-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Instead we get promises of Ezio and his assassins being stronger, faster and infinitely deadlier than everyone else.
They never said that.

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Mass Effect 2 was GREAT.

Yes it was. I know this is a bit off topic but I'll say it anyway. Vanguard/Soldier, Paragon path all the way.

I think complaining is like the new addiction now. Like they get up and say "*yawns*. Its morning. I wonder what I'm gonna complain about today on the net"

@Blind:so wouldn't that mean you're complaining too? Rey if you're reading this help me out there, isn't that irony?

reddragonhrcro
08-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Yeah people complain but about what, an demo of an unfinished game?Ofcourse there are gona be some bugs and so on.Realy no reason to complain.(Eventought this new voice of Altair sounds somehow strange to me, i liked the one from AC but yeah maybe the voice is so cuz in the scene Altair is like 18 or so and later he gets his old voice)

LightRey
08-23-2011, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Maybe that's because that's not what demos are for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The devs could give us something solid in an interview that confirms the guards will be more challenging (saying they will have some of the same things as Ezio is too vague as it could mean they could simply have a fast aim crossbow), or perhaps saying there will be no desynce for being detected. Instead we get promises of Ezio and his assassins being stronger, faster and infinitely deadlier than everyone else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They could, but they, like me, don't appear to see the need to do so.

NewBlade200
08-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
Instead we get promises of Ezio and his assassins being stronger, faster and infinitely deadlier than everyone else.
They never said that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>But they have said stuff about the hookblade which increases Ezio's navigation speed, lets him grab guards and start a combo with it, and assassinate from wires with it. The assassins can now level up to level 15 (they were almost indestructible at 10), in which they will be undoubtedly deadlier. I feel like I'm advertising it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

SlimeDynamiteD
08-24-2011, 12:39 AM
But they have said stuff about the hookblade which increases Ezio's navigation speed, lets him grab guards and start a combo with it, and assassinate from wires with it. The assassins can now level up to level 15 (they were almost indestructible at 10), in which they will be undoubtedly deadlier. I feel like I'm advertising it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Yea... but what if they had to make the Assassin's deadlier because the guards will be deadlier as well? Huh? Hadn't thought about that?

Noble6
08-24-2011, 01:40 AM
Complaining is one of few weapons we can use to change coming game to what we fans want it to be.I don't know why it bothers some people so much. Allthough it does go ridiculous often.
We should respect others opininions even how stupid those are.

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 01:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
They never said that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>But they have said stuff about the hookblade which increases Ezio's navigation speed, lets him grab guards and start a combo with it, and assassinate from wires with it. The assassins can now level up to level 15 (they were almost indestructible at 10), in which they will be undoubtedly deadlier. I feel like I'm advertising it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Amancio said that they make sure to introduce new skills to enemies as Ezio gains new skills. Hopefully this means that enemies will have bombs, and that agiles will have a form of the hookblade. AND THAT THEY WILL ATTACK FASTER. Sorry. Just kinda a big deal for me. : P

EDIT: and also, what they're going for is NOT to force you to play stealth. They want you to have a choice in all matters. What they're trying to do is give you tools to be offensive, but like Deus Ex, allow you to go in crazily, at the price of it being more challenging.
They're also giving you lots of tools to set traps, cause diversions, and lots of other stuff.

I approve of this approach. As long as guards have ways of circumventing agressive bomb use (spreading out so you can't hit them all with your five bombs) and bomb crafting stations are not availible in too many places in the level, AND more guards come pouring out to fight if you get into open conflict, AND they actually have a chance of killing you if you don't react quickly and stay moving, I will be totally fine with it. And I won't use bombs like that at all. I'll only do that for fun after I've beat the game full sync. Ima craft the most skillful of bombs! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SpyderNynja
08-24-2011, 06:24 AM
http://www.owned.lv/images/x3x19cb8dd7838c84c7ccbdd82524b98ecc.jpg

This is the reason why I barely come to the forums anymore. A large majority of posts are just people complaining. Ironically, that's how we ended up getting the games we have today.

It all started with AC1. Everyone complained about repetitive mission structure, a counter attack heavy combat system, a small variety of enemy types and Altair's voice not being Arab accented. (which we shall revisit later.)

Ubi listened (as they almost always do to us fans) and gave us AC2, with a broad variety of mission types, a combat system that allowed for a multitude of ways to kill, including barehanded and through disarms, gadgets, new free running mechanics, varied enemy types and Italian accents everywhere.

People still managed to complain about the combat, saying counter attacking was still prominent and Ezio needed to be more aggressive. They asked for more vehicle sections after the flying machine (Ubi even put it back into the game from DLC, even if for just the achievement/trophy) and a loooot of multiplayer threads popped up.

Brotherhood comes along with it's multikill system and suddenly "the game is too easy". The cleverly excused by Leo Da Vinci vehicle segments get complained about as well, people begin to bash the game and blame Ubi for rushing it out with a multiplayer component when it actually was a solid multiplayer experience. And when Ubi finally gives the players their darn crossbow, they complain about it making the game too easy as well.

Now here comes ACR and the threads are all, "bombs make the game too easy" this, and "how come ezio can climb so well and he's 52? it's unrealistic." that. And they bring back Philip Shahbaz, the original voice actor of Altair, THIS time, with an Arab accent, and everyone complains. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I'm glad someone here on the forum had the guts to post this topic. This board used to be fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Now it's spamville for nitpicky gamers whom Ubisoft will try to please only have more complaints made to them about what is perhaps the best and most original/creative franchise I have seen since the Prince of Persia trilogy.

Most of all, I cannot stand the whole "Altair can perform ledge assassination?!! That wasn't in the codex yet!! I am mad because a gameplay feature does not %100 reflect continuity!!" People are forgetting we are playing games. Would you prefer it if Altair could only do everything you remember from AC1? I'd be mad as hell if that were the case!

I'm going to enjoy the hell out of AC:R, including it's crazy awesome story, UPDATED graphics (the style changed a little bit to look MORE realistic and MORE detail was added, I have no idea why anyone thinks they are worse.) and phenomenally large and varied amount of gameplay choices. Ubi is doing just fine by me.

Dagio12
08-24-2011, 08:42 AM
^this, +1, a round of applause... etc.

Im convinced many people dont even know what they want anymore. The more I read some of these posts, the more I see that people have a hard time appreciating anything, have no respect, and take things for granted.

Im all about constructive criticism and suggestions to help improve on the games, but the way some people go about it on these forums.. its no surprise they arent getting what they want. The devs have been trying to create more and more excitement, variations, freedom.. etc, but its never good enough. Im not saying that you have to love everything about AC, but some of these arguments/complaints are just plain and simply...OVER EXAGGERATED. It is a game after all, and at its core, the AC franchise hasnt changed that much, its just been given more of what people wanted, and what it needed from the beginning.

Sure, its not the most difficult of games, but does it HAVE to be... was it ever hard?? no, no it wasnt. That was never the intention of the game. Could it afford to be a tiny bit more challenging as far as combat goes.. sure, but is that really gonna make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.. considering everything else the game has to offer and what it truly stands for. The combat system is a great example because it isnt that difficult, however (IMO) by this point in the games, it is one of the most fun, fluid, varied forms of combat Ive come across in a game of this kind. I would love to implement some combat aspects from AC1 into the new system such as guards that counter your counters, and can go through your defense... etc, but If I had to pick one or the other, I would probably go with the newer system that is varied and smooth over a (not really even that much more difficult) clunky, not very smooth, more basic, and limited combat system... but thats just me.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont I guess.

Like I said, having concerns or criticism is fine, and welcome.. it is a forum after all, but the way people come across sometimes just blows my mind. Its selfish, immature, and over dramatic and sometimes, its just hard to take those people seriously.

Ioder
08-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by swiftslasher7:

This is the reason why I barely come to the forums anymore. A large majority of posts are just people complaining. Ironically, that's how we ended up getting the games we have today.

It all started with AC1. Everyone complained about repetitive mission structure, a counter attack heavy combat system, a small variety of enemy types and Altair's voice not being Arab accented. (which we shall revisit later.)

Ubi listened (as they almost always do to us fans) and gave us AC2, with a broad variety of mission types, a combat system that allowed for a multitude of ways to kill, including barehanded and through disarms, gadgets, new free running mechanics, varied enemy types and Italian accents everywhere.

People still managed to complain about the combat, saying counter attacking was still prominent and Ezio needed to be more aggressive. They asked for more vehicle sections after the flying machine (Ubi even put it back into the game from DLC, even if for just the achievement/trophy) and a loooot of multiplayer threads popped up.

Brotherhood comes along with it's multikill system and suddenly "the game is too easy". The cleverly excused by Leo Da Vinci vehicle segments get complained about as well, people begin to bash the game and blame Ubi for rushing it out with a multiplayer component when it actually was a solid multiplayer experience. And when Ubi finally gives the players their darn crossbow, they complain about it making the game too easy as well.

Now here comes ACR and the threads are all, "bombs make the game too easy" this, and "how come ezio can climb so well and he's 52? it's unrealistic." that. And they bring back Philip Shahbaz, the original voice actor of Altair, THIS time, with an Arab accent, and everyone complains. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I'm glad someone here on the forum had the guts to post this topic. This board used to be fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Now it's spamville for nitpicky gamers whom Ubisoft will try to please only have more complaints made to them about what is perhaps the best and most original/creative franchise I have seen since the Prince of Persia trilogy.

Most of all, I cannot stand the whole "Altair can perform ledge assassination?!! That wasn't in the codex yet!! I am mad because a gameplay feature does not %100 reflect continuity!!" People are forgetting we are playing games. Would you prefer it if Altair could only do everything you remember from AC1? I'd be mad as hell if that were the case!

I'm going to enjoy the hell out of AC:R, including it's crazy awesome story, UPDATED graphics (the style changed a little bit to look MORE realistic and MORE detail was added, I have no idea why anyone thinks they are worse.) and phenomenally large and varied amount of gameplay choices. Ubi is doing just fine by me.
Thanks for coming back just to post in this topic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif you did a great job explaining that, I'm sure nobody here could have said it better.

@SF, I feel the same way, nobody knows what they want. I think Ubi has done an outstanding job with their last games and as I said before I'm staying with them to the end, no matter how many people complain about the games because it's not exactly how they wanted the game to be.

IIwangcarsII
08-24-2011, 09:00 AM
I too, agree that gamers have become ungrateful and have the need to complain about everything possible. But this thread proves that there is at least some hope for the community other than whining little *****es.

Ioder
08-24-2011, 10:16 AM
People just need to open their eyes and see what Ubisoft has done for the players already instead of just seeing the small little things in stage demos. As Swift said I as well am going to enjoy the intense single player story line and action, even if some people don't. Revelations is going to be an outstanding game, and you can already see the amazing things Ubi upgraded from ACB to ACR.

November 15 is going to be a great day for millions of people.

luckyto
08-24-2011, 10:25 AM
swiftslasher7, Stay and defend the parts you love.

I've been around long enough to see several franchises die by listening to fans and changing gameplay TOO much. Whenever you change, you run the risk of changing something else which was a key ingredient in the first mixture.

I think the first recipe worked. And I think the second recipe worked. But with ACB, we have tweaked the recipe so much that it plays like a completely different animal.

A return to AC's roots is in order, taking the best elements from all of them, and perfecting the original recipe --- before the franchise gets totally off-course. What we've seen of Revelations leads me to believe that Ubisoft is working towards that end, but I wish they'd pull it back more.

The franchise needs fans like swiftlasher7. Ubisoft needs honest discussions to make good judgements for future releases. They need people to say some complaints are ludicrous (ie "Altair couldn't ledge assassinate yet"); and people to say, "Hey, the guard skill levels in AC1 worked for more fluid combat. This is important."

If the reasonable fans leave the discussion, the franchise is doomed to be reacting to silly things or adding gameplay elements which change the game into something entirely different; thereby killing off what we all loved to begin with despite its flaws.

LightRey
08-24-2011, 10:54 AM

I bow to you good sir. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

ProdiGurl
08-24-2011, 11:00 AM
ACB is my first AC game & I LOVE IT - I've been playing ACII for the first time the past 2-3 days now (Just got into Venice after Desmond's pulled off the animus w/ Lucy for the night).

I'm enjoying both of them equally but in different ways. Obviously the graphics in ACB are much better & I love the soundtrack more in ACB too. A big plus about ACB w/ me are the Assassin Recruits & leveling them up.

I like that Ezio climbs faster in ACII and I like the build-up of the Story itself.
The money system (at least up until Venice) is realistic too. In ACB I had over 444,000f & really nothing left to buy other than refilling poisons, smoke bombs & bullets etc.
So that does take away from the reward system.

ACII seems to be less tedious w/out all the spider monkey challenges- they weren't a favorite for me
Interesting post.

odovoro
08-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Agree! what i don't understand is how people see problems where i see near perfection
just imagine how the full game will be... *dreams*

ProdiGurl
08-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by odovoro:
Agree! what i don't understand is how people see problems where i see near perfection
just imagine how the full game will be... *dreams*

That's what I don't get. It makes me wonder if I really love crap or these other people don't know what crap really is.

All I can think of is that people have different preferences with games and ultimately, no game company can please everybody no matter what they do.

What bothers me is how unappreciative people actually are in their attacks and I don't think they care about how much time and work people put into it.
I just don't believe that a quality game like this deserves the crap people dish out.
Constructive criticism is fine - this is something else.

luckyto
08-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Prodigurl, expect a drastic difference when you go to AC1. You'll trade story, mission variety and most game mechanics for a much bigger and better-looking world than ACB; it is a very different experience. Good in its own right, but very different. Playing them backwards will give you a very different perspective than most of us.

Blind2Society
08-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Actually you will get a much better story, rather than simply revenge for murdered family (gee, never heard that one before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif) But the gameplay mechanics are much less refined.

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Actually you will get a much better story, rather than simply revenge for murdered family (gee, never heard that one before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif) But the gameplay mechanics are much less refined.

AC1 is a more original story. But AC2 makes its less original story more interesting the whole way through. AC1 is most interesting at the beginning and end.
IMHO.

And Revelations is seeming like the kind of story that I really like. Ezio is not trying to get revenge, he's trying to find his purpose. Not too many video games are about soul-searching. Of course, he gets caught up in an adventure on a more epic scale, as happens in most soul-searching games/movie, but in this case, he's not abandoning it. He's working his way through a greater conflict, but he still has a personal problem.

And that, I think, is what Brotherhood was missing. The story was never about Ezio. It was about Ezio doing what needed to be done, and focusing only on that. He was the grizzled action hero in Brotherhood. He makes the plans, he executes them, he never is at a loss for words.

I liked the Da Vinci dissapearance DLC more because it was a much more personal story, of a man trying to rescue his best friend, and then accepting that some things, he's not meant to understand.

I felt so proud of Ezio, when he walked out of the Pythagorean chamber, accepting that the message was for Desmond.

That was a good way for me to end Brotherhood. It felt like a much better ending than putting the apple away.

EDIT: Although I appreciated the darkness of AC1's story, too much relentless darkness is not really my thing. I can see how others would find it better.

luckyto
08-24-2011, 01:02 PM
The story of AC1 may be better (yeah, it kind of is), but the telling of said story was absolutely not. And a good story is in the telling...

ACB is like high-budget movie with a weak script, and AC1 is a good script on a very low budget. The high-budget movie will sell the story to the audience more effectively almost every time.

---
Mechanics aren't more refined, just less of them. A lot less. But what it does, it does well.

LightRey
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I felt so proud of Ezio, when he walked out of the Pythagorean chamber, accepting that the message was for Desmond.

Yeah, me too. It was such a different reaction from when he spoke to Minerva. It showed that his character really had evolved throughout ACB, even if it was a little harder to notice.

Blind2Society
08-24-2011, 01:10 PM
@Calvarok: What can I say other than you hit the nail so squarely on the head, the universe almost reached equilibrium. I would also have to add, however, ACB had other flaws when it comes to story. There was a serious lack of complexity all the way round (except for the Desmond side of things which is always extremely interesting) and there was little to no mystery.

This clip may help to explain part of the lack of complexity of which I speak. Just replace 'The Germans' with 'Cesare'.
<span class="flash-video"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
width="560"
height="345"
><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"
></param><param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="never"
></param><param value="transparent"
/><param value="never"
/><param value="transparent"
/><param value="never"
/><param value="transparent"
/><param value="never"
/><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zFTK2YCBzA?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
/><param value="true"
/><param value="always"
/><embed pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
wmode="transparent"
allowScriptAccess="never"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zFTK2YCBzA?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
width="560"
height="345"
/></object></span>

@Luckyto: very well said sir. As for the mechanics however, many were refined after AC and many were added.

luckyto
08-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Ha ha! Good clip!

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Exactly. If there had been more establishment of why Ezio needed Cesare gone, and we went as in-depth into his character as Ascendance (the animated short about Cesare) did, then the story would have made more sense. As it is, he's basically a token bad-guy.

NewBlade200
08-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
But they have said stuff about the hookblade which increases Ezio's navigation speed, lets him grab guards and start a combo with it, and assassinate from wires with it. The assassins can now level up to level 15 (they were almost indestructible at 10), in which they will be undoubtedly deadlier. I feel like I'm advertising it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Yea... but what if they had to make the Assassin's deadlier because the guards will be deadlier as well? Huh? Hadn't thought about that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I had, but other than the occasional vague promise there hasn't been any evidence (video footage or dev listing 1-2 things that would make guards more dangerous). I'm expecting them to change the guards somewhat but I'm not going to accept that the guards are capable of giving me a run for my money until I have solid evidence.

Sevenofnine-st
08-24-2011, 07:01 PM
This thread is very, very interesting and I'd like to congratulate swiftslasher7 for a very eloquent and well thought-out reply.

When I started gaming last year, one of the first things I noticed as I would go to various gaming forums was how jaded and ungrateful some of the gamers were. They were nitpicking about every little thing, especially when it came to graphics which kind of boggled my mind because I thought almost every game I played looked fantastic. I'm sad to see that things haven't changed...

Unfortunately, this phenomenon isn't limited to the AC fandom. You will find it among many other franchises and it's always coming from what I call "rabid" fans, people who will never be pleased no matter what. So yeah, ungrateful is a very good word to describe those people. I don't think they realize how much effort is being put into perfecting the games they supposedly love because if they did, then maybe they would finally shut up.

Someone in another ACR thread complained about the AC logo at the end of the last gameplay trailer being somewhat different from the previous trailer and I was like: "Wuuuut?.... I mean, seriously??!!" *facepalm*

ProdiGurl
08-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by luckyto:
Prodigurl, expect a drastic difference when you go to AC1. You'll trade story, mission variety and most game mechanics for a much bigger and better-looking world than ACB; it is a very different experience. Good in its own right, but very different. Playing them backwards will give you a very different perspective than most of us.

I'm about sure you're right.
I sound like a broken CD, but I always say that most people are partial to their first game they play of a series - & base everything on that experience.
It all depends when you come in. Of course it isn't always that way, but in my experience & people I know/read comments that's how it goes alot.

But the way I see it is like with Halo - I loved the first one, and after playing Halo 2, I stopped buying any more becuz it was too repetitious and I kept losing track of the story as I wandered around lost 1/2 the time.

I didn't go out attacking the game company, I just didn't buy it anymore. I guess that's my main issue with gamers.

This happens with tv series & movies series too - the sequels rarely top the first one for some reason.
?

ProdiGurl
08-24-2011, 07:29 PM
>> ACB is like high-budget movie with a weak script, and AC1 is a good script on a very low budget. The high-budget movie will sell the story to the audience more effectively almost every time.<<

Reminds me of the Matrix lol

But what's weird is that I thought the story was compelling - it's what kept me playing it as I tried & failed 100% sync's & threw fits.
I had to see what was going to happen.

One good part of the story was how it was looking like that Mal. character was a Traitor & feeding information to the enemy.
I was all into that.
Learning how to do Kill Streaks kept me going too. I never did that in any other game & it's fun & challenging.

The main drawback I had was that the 100% syncs were way too hard for novices like me. But once you get the hang of the game, it's not as impossible (other than that Tank mission . . lol)

Anyways, I get what you mean, it's just that games have to evolve & they do listen to their customers.
I can see both sides, I just feel bad for the companies who put so much into them to get kicked in the teeth.

LightRey
08-24-2011, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luckyto:

I sound like a broken CD, but I always say that most people are partial to their first game they play of a series - & base everything on that experience.
It all depends when you come in. Of course it isn't always that way, but in my experience & people I know/read comments that's how it goes alot.

But the way I see it is like with Halo - I loved the first one, and after playing Halo 2, I stopped buying any more becuz it was too repetitious and I kept losing track of the story as I wandered around lost 1/2 the time.

I didn't go out attacking the game company, I just didn't buy it anymore. I guess that's my main issue with gamers.

This happens with tv series & movies series too - the sequels rarely top the first one for some reason.
? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think this is mostly caused by the fact that people often like movies, games and tv series for different reasons than the the makers do, which leads them to expand on principles that these people don't care about and in doing so they often abandon some of the aspects these particular people enjoyed about it so much.

Blind2Society
08-24-2011, 10:08 PM
I sound like a broken CD
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 11:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luckyto:

? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think this is mostly caused by the fact that people often like movies, games and tv series for different reasons than the the makers do, which leads them to expand on principles that these people don't care about and in doing so they often abandon some of the aspects these particular people enjoyed about it so much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In ubisoft's case, they expanded on the things that the majority of people who played their game DID like, and got rid of or improved what they didn't. Sadly, it seems like there were some people who enjoyed a lot of the things the majority hated. Sadly, that's the way it goes.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 02:58 AM
In ubisoft's case, they expanded on the things that the majority of people who played their game DID like, and got rid of or improved what they didn't. Sadly, it seems like there were some people who enjoyed a lot of the things the majority hated. Sadly, that's the way it goes.
Precisely, but I have this to say to those people: quit nagging. If you dislike it so much stop buying the games. We already know you don't like it and we already know why you don't like it. It's been mentioned over 9000 times. Nobody cares (anymore).

SaleVejzik
08-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Thank you Ubi for Assassin's Creed.It is all I have to say on this topic.

villy23
08-25-2011, 05:31 AM
I couldn't agree more with this, the only thing I have an issue with is the easy combat but that was based on my experience with acb and not on what I have seen so far in revelations. To make revelations spot on all they need to do is add more damage for when you get shot or hit with a sword. I mean come on, a sword would probably kill you straight up if a guard hit you with it but that would make things too difficult so maybe just 3 hits before you need to use medicine or just bail.

luckyto
08-25-2011, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Precisely, but I have this to say to those people: quit nagging. If you dislike it so much stop buying the games. We already know you don't like it and we already know why you don't like it. It's been mentioned over 9000 times. Nobody cares (anymore). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my ridiculously not-so-humble opinion, they responded more to critics than they did to fans. Because I think most people who played AC1 really liked it, although it did get a bit repetitious. And AC1's sales figures were no joke. It still sells.

It was critics who panned it (and very very unfairly I might add), and seems like Ubi's releases have responded more to what critics want and not necessarily what fans want. I mean, multiplayer? How many fans were asking for multiplayer? Big focus on story presentation in AC2? More Leonardo missions in ACB? Oh, IGN loved the flying mission in AC2 and so we got a lot of them.

I do love all of these installments differently. But they are in serious danger of completely steering themselves off the track which made the series unique. After Brotherhood, I found myself really wishing for Assassin's Creed Version 2.0, and not Assassin's Creed 3.

SixKeys
08-25-2011, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Precisely, but I have this to say to those people: quit nagging. If you dislike it so much stop buying the games. We already know you don't like it and we already know why you don't like it. It's been mentioned over 9000 times. Nobody cares (anymore). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason people complain about things is because sometimes it's possible to keep improving and adding new features to gameplay WHILE keeping certain elements that people liked before.

People complain about how AC2 and ACB's combat was less challenging than AC1 and have provided good examples for this. It's a valid complaint, and I don't understand why the devs have such a hard time taking their views into consideration. You can add new features AND bring back the difficulty level from the first game.

People complain about the lack of investigation missions compared to AC1. There is definitely more variety in the mission structure in the sequels, but I don't see why it would be difficult to create a few AC1-style investigation missions WHILE staying true to the new storytelling format.

People complain about the increasing linearity in gameplay when AC1 was all about being able to do the missions in several different ways. In ACB there were many missions that were impossible to complete if you didn't want to play stealthy like the game expected you to. Doing it for 100% sync achievements is fine, those are at least optional, but why create story missions that make it literally impossible to advance if you want to try a different approach? This was never the case in AC1. In all missions (except Robert de Sable and Al Mualim) it was possible to either rush in and kill everyone in sight or play it stealthy. That freedom to choose your approach was what most people enjoyed. They've been steadily narrowing that range of options in subsequent games.

We're not saying we hate the series or that the solution is to stop buying the games. We still see all the good elements and improvements upon existing concepts. We just don't understand why the developers are removing perfectly solid, working concepts in favor of adding new ones that nobody's really asking for (e.g. hookblade, bombs). Why not keep both?

luckyto
08-25-2011, 08:50 AM
BRAVO!

--- the answer, IGN.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

The reason people complain about things is because sometimes it's possible to keep improving and adding new features to gameplay WHILE keeping certain elements that people liked before.

People complain about how AC2 and ACB's combat was less challenging than AC1 and have provided good examples for this. It's a valid complaint, and I don't understand why the devs have such a hard time taking their views into consideration. You can add new features AND bring back the difficulty level from the first game.

People complain about the lack of investigation missions compared to AC1. There is definitely more variety in the mission structure in the sequels, but I don't see why it would be difficult to create a few AC1-style investigation missions WHILE staying true to the new storytelling format.

People complain about the increasing linearity in gameplay when AC1 was all about being able to do the missions in several different ways. In ACB there were many missions that were impossible to complete if you didn't want to play stealthy like the game expected you to. Doing it for 100% sync achievements is fine, those are at least optional, but why create story missions that make it literally impossible to advance if you want to try a different approach? This was never the case in AC1. In all missions (except Robert de Sable and Al Mualim) it was possible to either rush in and kill everyone in sight or play it stealthy. That freedom to choose your approach was what most people enjoyed. They've been steadily narrowing that range of options in subsequent games.

We're not saying we hate the series or that the solution is to stop buying the games. We still see all the good elements and improvements upon existing concepts. We just don't understand why the developers are removing perfectly solid, working concepts in favor of adding new ones that nobody's really asking for (e.g. hookblade, bombs). Why not keep both? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, but it's always the same complaints and most often the same people making them. I don't mind criticism, but I do mind repetitive criticism. There are way too many threads on this forum alone about the same damn "issues".

ProdiGurl
08-25-2011, 10:25 AM

YES!!!! So stop buying it - or wait 6 months after it's been out (or rent it or get a used game) & get it for alot cheaper so you don't feel like you got ripped off when you hate it [again]. Maybe you'll be happily surprised.

I just don't get into the hateful, meanspirited attacks on these poor companies who work so hard.

Now that leads me to Fallout New Vegas - I was a Fallout 3 fan & reviews I read horrified me that they had totally botched that game up w/ bugs & problems.
Criticism of that imo is warranted when they release such an unstable product.
If a product is inferior, you need to postpone release & fix it.

ProdiGurl
08-25-2011, 10:41 AM

Since I'm playing ACII right now, I have to say that ACII is less of a challenge than ACB was for me.
Either I've just gotten better becuz I really sucked or it's easier than ACB. Those sync's in ACB make it harder when you try to do it to their specifications.

I still think the only remedy to this is to offer 2 skill levels to choose from. Give the professional gamers their challenge without causing the novice's a nervous breakdown http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ioder
08-25-2011, 10:43 AM
LightRay> There are way too many threads on this forum alone about the same damn "issues".

The most annoying ones are Ezio's face, and Altair's voice. Personally, I love Ezio's new look, it perfectly shows that he has aged a lot over time. I've seen games that say "5 years later.." and nothing has changed. Same face, same everything. Ubi did a good job there.

Altair's voice sounds amazing, it sounds like he belongs now. Gotta love how nobody understands the Animus 2.0 (or is it 2.1?) thing though.

SpyderNynja
08-26-2011, 05:11 AM
LightRay> There are way too many threads on this forum alone about the same damn "issues".

The most annoying ones are Ezio's face, and Altair's voice. Personally, I love Ezio's new look, it perfectly shows that he has aged a lot over time. I've seen games that say "5 years later.." and nothing has changed. Same face, same everything. Ubi did a good job there.

Altair's voice sounds amazing, it sounds like he belongs now. Gotta love how nobody understands the Animus 2.0 (or is it 2.1?) thing though.

THIS^

And dear God, if I see one more thread about Altair performing a ledge assassination...

Ioder
08-26-2011, 05:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ioder:

THIS^

And dear God, if I see one more thread about Altair performing a ledge assassination... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's also another one. "ZOMG WHY CAN HE DO THAT THAT'S BULL S*** UBI YOU KILLED ASSASSIN'S CREED RIGHT THERE!"

No. No they didn't. They just made it better.

ProdiGurl
08-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
People expect too much from a small demo.

Not just a demo, the gaming company and every minute detail of absolutely everything involved with it.

Yesterday they were crabbing about the WAY their Pre-Order stuff was being packaged,
Good lord already.

ProdiGurl
08-26-2011, 09:58 AM
THIS^

And dear God, if I see one more thread about Altair performing a ledge assassination...

That's also another one. "ZOMG WHY CAN HE DO THAT THAT'S BULL S*** UBI YOU KILLED ASSASSIN'S CREED RIGHT THERE!"

People must think Ezio & Altair are alive & well and this is all real historic content and not a

G A M E. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Ledge & Air assassinations are too fun - God forbid we have to whine about HOW they were introduced to the game.

People either need a life or need to get some meds to calm down. Compared to alot of crap going on this world, I don't care about alot of this stuff. Just enjoy what's there.
If you hate it, then don't buy ACR or any future AC's.

The lack of appreciation is getting on my last nerve and I don't have many to begin with http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Ioder
08-26-2011, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">THIS^

People must think Ezio & Altair are alive & well and this is all real historic content and not a

G A M E. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Ledge & Air assassinations are too fun - God forbid we have to whine about HOW they were introduced to the game.

People either need a life or need to get some meds to calm down. Compared to alot of crap going on this world, I don't care about alot of this stuff. Just enjoy what's there.
If you hate it, then don't buy ACR or any future AC's.

The lack of appreciation is getting on my last nerve and I don't have many to begin with http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I love when the people who hate what Ubisoft has done to AC, GOOGLE THIS WEBSITE, go through the entire REGISTRATION PROCESS, to say. "You killed it and I hate it." Did they just waste 10 - 15 minutes of their lives, yup. Are they going to read 20 Walls of Texts because we're the real AC fans. Yup.

I think it happens with every game, a company contributes all their time to make a game and the only thing people can say is how bad it is. It's ridiculous.

EDIT: We should make a group here on the forum, WeCare or something like that >http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RzaRecta357
08-26-2011, 06:03 PM
I see why people complain. They add to many things and don't think about making it harder. This doesn't really bug me because you can choose to just not use the extras.

But the kill chains are cheesy. I knew I wouldn't like them but I'll live with it.

The only real complaint I can see people having is like the above poster said about the freedom of AC1.

That will probably be stripped a bit more too because they want to add dynamic Uncharted style action moments to make it seem like there is a high production quality.

Don't get me wrong, I think that idea is awesome. But hopefully we get some more mission freedom.

In the end I don't really care as I'm in it for the story mainly.

I just hope they all have Desmonds face with updated graphics and different ages in this game.

I don't like the whole different dark animus and hope that's just reflecting Desmonds state. Hopefully when he wakes up at the end of the game he's rocking his white sweater.

Panfaun
08-26-2011, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

We're not saying we hate the series or that the solution is to stop buying the games. We still see all the good elements and improvements upon existing concepts. We just don't understand why the developers are removing perfectly solid, working concepts in favor of adding new ones that nobody's really asking for (e.g. hookblade, bombs). Why not keep both? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, but it's always the same complaints and most often the same people making them. I don't mind criticism, but I do mind repetitive criticism. There are way too many threads on this forum alone about the same damn "issues". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then ubisoft should fix the damn problems by now.

It's like...when the electricity in your house keeps flickering on and off, right? So you call and ask for them to keep it constant and controlled, but they just ignore you. Saying something like, "Be happy you have electricity in the first place!"

Instead of fixing the damn problem they let it persists.You see a problem, so you fix it.

Oh, and about ACR being a stage demo and therefore easy, they said the same thing about ACB and that turned out just as easy as it looked on stage.

Calvarok
08-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Panfaun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

I know, but it's always the same complaints and most often the same people making them. I don't mind criticism, but I do mind repetitive criticism. There are way too many threads on this forum alone about the same damn "issues". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then ubisoft should fix the damn problems by now.

It's like...when the electricity in your house keeps flickering on and off, right? So you call and ask for them to keep it constant and controlled, but they just ignore you. Saying something like, "Be happy you have electricity in the first place!"

Instead of fixing the damn problem they let it persists.You see a problem, so you fix it.

Oh, and about ACR being a stage demo and therefore easy, they said the same thing about ACB and that turned out just as easy as it looked on stage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, I don't think that's true. I noticed immediately after playing ACB for the first time that the guards attacked a lot quicker after entering combat, and more often during combat.

Anyways, basically what Lightrey said about the comments being repetitive, and also the comments that are hateful or disrespectful.

Quite honestly, if Ubisoft did 4x worse at making these games, they'd still be more worth 60 bucks than most "AAA" games that get released these days.

And people would still buy it in just as many numbers. Ubisoft don't actually have to work hard at making these games to make a profit. They just care enough about how people look at them to keep adding tons of improvements.

Don't give them angry unhelpful criticism. It's hard to read for devs who read this forum, and more often than not, they won't bring "BLENDING SUCKS UBI ARE F**KERS" to the team, but they will bring "Here's my idea for making blending more involving" to the team.

Be polite. If you're just angry about the problem and have no solution, either ask for help from other forum members for an idea, or don't say anything.

Panfaun
08-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Really? Doesn't feel like that to me, but to each his own.

Yes, it's good to be nice and kind and keep a clear face...see, I'm new here, but judging by how many people said they've been getting sick of these threads and ideas about changes, I'd have to guess that this happens often. Well does it? How many times do threads like this pop up?

If so, did allot of these occur before ACR? And if they did, doesn't that already mean that IF they read them already, they would have implemented some form of changes? I doubt they read these. Not to sound mean, but I don't think these will ever change their minds.

SpyderNynja
08-27-2011, 01:37 AM
EDIT: We should make a group here on the forum, WeCare or something like that >http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I was thinking this as well. Start a thread where none of the asinine complaints will even be acknowledged, and we can all have an intelligent discussion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Something like, The "Those (UbiForumsMembers) Who Came Before" Thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

::EDIT:: It now seems impossible to go into a single thread without Altair's ability to use Air/Ledge Assassinate and Codex continuity coming up in discussion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

CRUDFACE
08-27-2011, 01:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ioder:

I was thinking this as well. Start a thread where none of the asinine complaints will even be acknowledged, and we can all have an intelligent discussion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Something like, The "Those (UbiForumsMembers) Who Came Before" Thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

::EDIT:: It now seems impossible to go into a single thread without Altair's ability to use Air/Ledge Assassinate and Codex continuity coming up in discussion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know...I think they once had a thread on here for just listing what you liked about the series. And it got closed for some reason. But hell, what's the worst that's going to happen to you if you guys put one up. they'll only close it down and I doubt you'd get banned or anything.

But what counts as a asinine complaint exactly?

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 02:02 AM

Yes, it's good to be nice and kind and keep a clear face...see, I'm new here, but judging by how many people said they've been getting sick of these threads and ideas about changes, I'd have to guess that this happens often. Well does it? How many times do threads like this pop up?

If so, did allot of these occur before ACR? And if they did, doesn't that already mean that IF they read them already, they would have implemented some form of changes? I doubt they read these. Not to sound mean, but I don't think these will ever change their minds.
Actually, most of what people complain about are NEW things. It's the old things that everyone generally seems to be able to control their tempers about. Ubisoft has taken a lot of their feature ideas directly from what we've said we would like, and made a lot of changes that are a direct result of constructive criticism. The only reason they don't fix everything is due to them being on a schedule and not having unlimited team members/development resources.

Panfaun
08-27-2011, 02:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panfaun:

Actually, most of what people complain about are NEW things. It's the old things that everyone generally seems to be able to control their tempers about. Ubisoft has taken a lot of their feature ideas directly from what we've said we would like, and made a lot of changes that are a direct result of constructive criticism. The only reason they don't fix everything is due to them being on a schedule and not having unlimited team members/development resources. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such as what? Assuming all they did is throw in a bit of variety and not let your assassin melt when he touches water like the wicked witch, they haven't changed much since then. Ezio still walks around in full assassin get up, enemies get easier and combat is over before it's started. What did you suggest after 2 that actually changed the game?

SpyderNynja
08-27-2011, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
But what counts as a asinine complaint exactly?

Ezio's face, Altair's voice, and the aforementioned "Altair shouldn't
be able to perform Ledge Assassinate" ones are the top 3 repeat
offenders.

It just makes this happen--v

http://itsabout.server304.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/facepalm.jpg

LightRey
08-27-2011, 05:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panfaun:

Actually, most of what people complain about are NEW things. It's the old things that everyone generally seems to be able to control their tempers about. Ubisoft has taken a lot of their feature ideas directly from what we've said we would like, and made a lot of changes that are a direct result of constructive criticism. The only reason they don't fix everything is due to them being on a schedule and not having unlimited team members/development resources. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such as what? Assuming all they did is throw in a bit of variety and not let your assassin melt when he touches water like the wicked witch, they haven't changed much since then. Ezio still walks around in full assassin get up, enemies get easier and combat is over before it's started. What did you suggest after 2 that actually changed the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I'd say the beard thing and Alta´rs "new" voice are new things ppl are complaining about. There's more than enough complaining going on mainly focused on certain changes in ACR.

Panfaun
08-27-2011, 05:54 AM
XD Beards for everyone! Well, all the assassins...nvm, only Desmond and his lineage shall get to grow one. Shaun can only have stubble. any core mechanics change yet? those are more shallow, but I'm not gonna write you off in that Altair's voice change was pretty cool.

Ioder
08-27-2011, 04:53 PM

::EDIT:: It now seems impossible to go into a single thread without Altair's ability to use Air/Ledge Assassinate and Codex continuity coming up in discussion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Let's do this! I'll start up a thread if people will contribute.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
What got added from AC2 to B? Horses in the city, more leonardo machines, quicker aiming time for weapons, knives can kill in 1 hit again, as long as you use their special attack, the graphical quality was uprgraded to be better than AC1 was (AC2 was a downgrade from AC1 in every visual respect) and just so many little things. People get caught up in what didn't or isn't changing, but I remember when I first got Brotherhood, and I saw each and every gameplay change or tweak. It enhanced my enjoyment of the game so much.

In the way of core gameplay additions and changes, I don't think people truly understand the impact of the hookblade on parkour. Wall climbing will now have entirely different animations and a faster speed, and we've been given examples of totally new methods of navigations that come from it, such as ziplines, or launching yourself across the street on those swinging pots that usually go around corners of buildings. I really like just how much it's integrated into the animations and function of movement and combat.

And then Eagle vision, which has been unchanged for 3 games besides not being in first person exclusively from AC2 onward, is actually becoming a useful feature. Honestly, in AC eagle vision has only been needed to find your target. Other than that you really don't need it. Now that players can understand the way that guards are patrolling an area, and get a visual indicator of that, planning and strategy can be more about planning and strategy, instead of trial and error.

And designers can make guard setups more difficult and complicated as the game goes on, because the player has this amazing tool!

Bombs are looking fantastic to me. If you've watched the pax prime video, you'll know that the trip-mine bomb is not quite as powerful as the one seen in the gamescom walkthough, and while I believe that this is because it was created from a less potent explosive, what that means is that players will at least start off with bombs that are less powerful than the gamescom tripmine one. Also, Gabe has confirmed that enemies will use bombs of their own (I'm praying for a mission that involves enemy tripmine bombs scattered about the map, making for a great maze/puzzle/stealth experience.) which I hope the devs will make them use in creative and challenging ways, after they've finished introducing all of the game's systems to the player and start ramping up difficulty.

I really feel that nothing AC2 added was really as big as these 3 things, all we need to know if this will be the best AC game or not is if the guards have been given the tools, abilities setups, and numbers to give both the sneaky stealth and balls out combat approach the perfect amount of challenge.

RzaRecta357
08-27-2011, 06:57 PM
What got added from AC2 to B? Horses in the city, more leonardo machines, quicker aiming time for weapons, knives can kill in 1 hit again, as long as you use their special attack, the graphical quality was uprgraded to be better than AC1 was (AC2 was a downgrade from AC1 in every visual respect) and just so many little things. People get caught up in what didn't or isn't changing, but I remember when I first got Brotherhood, and I saw each and every gameplay change or tweak. It enhanced my enjoyment of the game so much.

In the way of core gameplay additions and changes, I don't think people truly understand the impact of the hookblade on parkour. Wall climbing will now have entirely different animations and a faster speed, and we've been given examples of totally new methods of navigations that come from it, such as ziplines, or launching yourself across the street on those swinging pots that usually go around corners of buildings. I really like just how much it's integrated into the animations and function of movement and combat.

And then Eagle vision, which has been unchanged for 3 games besides not being in first person exclusively from AC2 onward, is actually becoming a useful feature. Honestly, in AC eagle vision has only been needed to find your target. Other than that you really don't need it. Now that players can understand the way that guards are patrolling an area, and get a visual indicator of that, planning and strategy can be more about planning and strategy, instead of trial and error.

And designers can make guard setups more difficult and complicated as the game goes on, because the player has this amazing tool!

Bombs are looking fantastic to me. If you've watched the pax prime video, you'll know that the trip-mine bomb is not quite as powerful as the one seen in the gamescom walkthough, and while I believe that this is because it was created from a less potent explosive, what that means is that players will at least start off with bombs that are less powerful than the gamescom tripmine one. Also, Gabe has confirmed that enemies will use bombs of their own (I'm praying for a mission that involves enemy tripmine bombs scattered about the map, making for a great maze/puzzle/stealth experience.) which I hope the devs will make them use in creative and challenging ways, after they've finished introducing all of the game's systems to the player and start ramping up difficulty.

I really feel that nothing AC2 added was really as big as these 3 things, all we need to know if this will be the best AC game or not is if the guards have been given the tools, abilities setups, and numbers to give both the sneaky stealth and balls out combat approach the perfect amount of challenge.

Nothing AC2 added was as big?

I mean, they only upgraded the engine totally. Made all new maps. Added tons of new weapons. Added tons of kills. Added armors and customization. Adding a WHOLE new way to progress through the game. Had to get the dialect for the right time period down.

I still think AC1 is the best of the 3 so far and I understand what you're saying. But AC2 had huge improvements in ALOT of departments.

People whine about the story and gameplay of brotherhood. The devs took the end of Corey Mays script that got chopped from AC2. Decided to through in MP and slap a few new game mechanics in there to keep it fresh.

The game was still awesome but it was just an add on to AC2. It was the Vice City to GTA3. You know? They added bikes and helicopters :P.

I think Revelations will truly be our "San Andreas". Packed with all kinds of content and funner "Brotherhood" stuff. Tons of awesome story as it's labeled revelations. But it seems like this one was actually thought about long and hard and not just a chopped off end of AC2.

LightRey
08-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

I mean, they only upgraded the engine totally. Made all new maps. Added tons of new weapons. Added tons of kills. Added armors and customization. Adding a WHOLE new way to progress through the game. Had to get the dialect for the right time period down.

I still think AC1 is the best of the 3 so far and I understand what you're saying. But AC2 had huge improvements in ALOT of departments.

People whine about the story and gameplay of brotherhood. The devs took the end of Corey Mays script that got chopped from AC2. Decided to through in MP and slap a few new game mechanics in there to keep it fresh.

The game was still awesome but it was just an add on to AC2. It was the Vice City to GTA3. You know? They added bikes and helicopters :P.

I think Revelations will truly be our "San Andreas". Packed with all kinds of content and funner "Brotherhood" stuff. Tons of awesome story as it's labeled revelations. But it seems like this one was actually thought about long and hard and not just a chopped off end of AC2.
I think Calvarok is at least as right about ACB as you are about ACII. ACB was originally something of an addition to ACII, but as Calvarok explained, it's become so much more than that.

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

I think Revelations will truly be our "San Andreas". Packed with all kinds of content and funner "Brotherhood" stuff. Tons of awesome story as it's labeled revelations. But it seems like this one was actually thought about long and hard and not just a chopped off end of AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that the things in AC2 WERE big, such as mission structure and new immersion and reward systems. But these only augumented the gameplay. They didn't really change it. The Revelations features I listed do that, AND Revelations has improvements of the style in which AC2 offered: cleaning up mission structure so set-piece missions are more gameplay oriented, going back to more player choice and multiple paths through missions, and adding random events and consolidating features, not to mention the parallel economy system of ingredients.

And I'd like to mention right here that AC2's engine was a serious step back. The skin textures looked wacky, and the facial models were far less detailed than in AC2. The draw distance wasn't very good, causing the cities in the game to look kinda like a white mist if you looked at anything in the distance. Textures for clothing were outdated, and metal effects were not as realistically shiny as in AC1.

Brotherhood fixed all these problems so much that it blew past AC1's level of visual quality in actually everything.

Revelations looks like another seriously impressive step forward, for only a year spent working on it, expecially in the character models department.

But yeah, I agree with everything you said, and understand, I'm not knocking AC2. I still think it's the best AC game to date.

It's just that everything in Revelations seems like such a bigger step than AC2 was.

I hope that I feel the same way about AC3 compared to Revelations. : D

iN3krO
08-30-2011, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:

I know, I feel the same way. I've been DYING to find a good game that'll keep me interested until ACR. Nothing. It's dreadful sitting here.. waiting... waiting.. and waiting some more. I can't stand it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dou you know counter-strike? Damn, Counter Strike 1.6 was/is so awsome, valve tried to make Counter Strike Condition Zero, FAIL!, tried to make Counter Strike Source, FAIL!, is now trying to make Counter Strike Global Offensive, IT'S GONNA BE A FAIL!.

When ppl sees his favourite games going worst and worst in each release, they already know the direction the franchises are taken and can predict the it will have.

There is one "demo" of CS:GO and almost no1 is happy, at least those who compete in tournaments and those who want to.

With Asssassin's Creed it's happening the same ... The ppl complaning about AcR are those who didn't like the easy combat system of AcB.

I had hope for ubisoft to fix Ac2 combat system but they only took it worst. They are making it worst. There is an old topic with about 3 months with GOOD ideas to fix AcB combat system, ubisoft did not take a look into it, and i REALLY doubt they will do anything wrotten there for Ac3, why? Cuz they only make the game worst each release, just like Valve and Counter Strike.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

LightRey
08-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

I know, I feel the same way. I've been DYING to find a good game that'll keep me interested until ACR. Nothing. It's dreadful sitting here.. waiting... waiting.. and waiting some more. I can't stand it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dou you know counter-strike? Damn, Counter Strike 1.6 was/is so awsome, valve tried to make Counter Strike Condition Zero, FAIL!, tried to make Counter Strike Source, FAIL!, is now trying to make Counter Strike Global Offensive, IT'S GONNA BE A FAIL!.

When ppl sees his favourite games going worst and worst in each release, they already know the direction the franchises are taken and can predict the it will have.

There is one "demo" of CS:GO and almost no1 is happy, at least those who compete in tournaments and those who want to.

With Asssassin's Creed it's happening the same ... The ppl complaning about AcR are those who didn't like the easy combat system of AcB.

I had hope for ubisoft to fix Ac2 combat system but they only took it worst. They are making it worst. There is an old topic with about 3 months with GOOD ideas to fix AcB combat system, ubisoft did not take a look into it, and i REALLY doubt they will do anything wrotten there for Ac3, why? Cuz they only make the game worst each release, just like Valve and Counter Strike. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Language please.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Back Seat Modding is not necessary and definitely discouraged. </span>

Animuses
08-30-2011, 09:54 AM
It seems that most people like Brotherhood's combat on this forum and in general. They aren't going to change the best thing about Brotherhood, but they are going to add onto it so you can play the way you want to.
Go ahead, complain. I'll enjoy it.

ProdiGurl
08-30-2011, 02:55 PM
I love ACB's combat. I think it's visually beautiful too.
I just think they should offer the normal & professional level choices for combat and both would be satisfied that way.

Velvit
08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
"Black Widow said somewhere that the actual game is harder than it appears"

I doubt that, look at the past three games.

Jexx21
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Velvit:

Maybe you should play the game first.

Velvit
08-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Velvit:

Maybe you should play the game first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Go find me a copy.

Ioder
08-30-2011, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Velvit:

Maybe you should play the game first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Go find me a copy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's like 10 bucks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jjfd99
08-30-2011, 04:10 PM
I've noticed a lot around these forums that people are complaining about some game features, such as difficulty, fight simulations, and so on. How are people already have problems with this, when the game releases in 4 almost 3 months. Sure some things are not what you want in a demo but it is still only a stage presentation. Black Widow said somewhere that the actual game is harder than it appears, because if at the show people find the game too challenging, they don't suggest/buy it. I say people wait until we get 2 months further into the waiting, and then comment on gameplay.
I know im a little late but i agree.

Ioder
08-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Jjfd99:
I know im a little late but i agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Late or early, it doesn't matter. I'm glad somebody else sees the problems here.

Velvit
08-30-2011, 04:42 PM
So....... I have not been following Revelations much(Skyrim). Has it been explained how the economy system will work and any changes made to the Brotherhood? I apologize for my ignorance.

Black_Widow9
08-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Black Widow said somewhere that the actual game is harder than it appears, because if at the show people find the game too challenging, they don't suggest/buy it.

Could you possibly point me to where I "said" this?

iN3krO
08-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
It seems that most people like Brotherhood's combat on this forum and in general. They aren't going to change the best thing about Brotherhood, but they are going to add onto it so you can play the way you want to.
Go ahead, complain. I'll enjoy it.

I also like the idea used for AcB combat system but as Ac1 (in general), it was bad executed, why are killstreaks so easy? they could make it timed as combos so you would need "skill" to perform killstreaks. Why you can counter strike in midle of a attack? it's just stupid, you should look arround and decide, attack or counter, if you attack and some1 attacks you, you should be affected and not just able to counter attack.

Ac1 combat wasn't hard, but at least it had something about using ur mind to make it even easier and fast, unlike acB that the less you think, the fast and easier it is.

Almost everything added to the games were good ideas, but they were only good IDEAS, cuz they ended bad balanced.

That's why i asked ubisoft to balance the already created mechanics before adding more when they announced AcR, but it seems they have ignored me (and all those guys that said i was right in my post) and are still adding new things (hook blade?) instead of balance the AI with the killstreaks, the combos, the counter attacks and the hidden blade.

Black_Widow9
08-30-2011, 05:47 PM
If this turns into another "complaint" thread I'm locking it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LightRey
08-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Black Widow said somewhere that the actual game is harder than it appears, because if at the show people find the game too challenging, they don't suggest/buy it.

Could you possibly point me to where I "said" this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe it's a misquote of something you said in an earlier thread about the combat in the Gamescom demo that the combat might not be as easy as displayed in the demo.

Rea1SamF1sher
08-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:

Couldn't say it better. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Ioder
08-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
If this turns into another "complaint" thread I'm locking it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
Sorry Black, hopefully things will improve.

xCr0wnedNorris
09-04-2011, 12:51 AM
I think this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIOrQasR18&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL) would be apt to describe the people this thread is dedicated too...

(Warning, contains foul language... Lots of it...)

superbalex
09-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I totally agree -

i think the first modern warfare has been the game closest to that achievement http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jexx21
09-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by superbalex:
I totally agree -

i think the first modern warfare has been the game closest to that achievement http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It actually wasn't... lol.

A ton of gamers didn't like it.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by superbalex:
I totally agree -

i think the first modern warfare has been the game closest to that achievement http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y'know, I think Age of Empires 2 might've gotten a little closer.

Ulicies
09-05-2011, 01:54 PM
People "complain" because they want something changed. They want to play the game because they like it, but they also would like to see change. This is why people complain.

I myself complain about the combat system because it isn't difficult enough in my opinion. I believe that the guards aren't nearly aggressive enough. I'm not gauging this complaint based on videos of Revelations; I'm making this remark based on what I've played in AC2 and Brotherhood.

Furthermore, I believe that complaints are what ultimately shape the game. It's not all of the people who regurgitate "I luv this series, keep 'em comin'!" that make the game better; it's the people who are willing to voice their concerns, dislikes, and constructive criticism that improve the franchise.

The problem is when people simply whine in an immature manner, without giving any reason as to why they're complaining.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Ulicies:
People "complain" because they want something changed. They want to play the game because they like it, but they also would like to see change. This is why people complain.

I myself complain about the combat system because it isn't difficult enough in my opinion. I believe that the guards aren't nearly aggressive enough. I'm not gauging this complaint based on videos of Revelations; I'm making this remark based on what I've played in AC2 and Brotherhood.

Furthermore, I believe that complaints are what ultimately shape the game. It's not all of the people who regurgitate "I luv this series, keep 'em comin'!" that make the game better; it's the people who are willing to voice their concerns, dislikes, and constructive criticism that improve the franchise.

The problem is when people simply whine in an immature manner, without giving any reason as to why they're complaining.
There's a fine line between constructive criticism and plain annoying nagging and it's been crossed more often than not on this forum.

Ulicies
09-05-2011, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:

There's a fine line between constructive criticism and plain annoying nagging and it's been crossed more often than not on this forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just as it probably has been crossed on many more forums. Unfortunately, the most vocal of people are also the most negative. But I would rather have more people be whining than for no one to complain, and shun the one person that does. It is the lesser of two evils, if you will.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Ulicies:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:

There's a fine line between constructive criticism and plain annoying nagging and it's been crossed more often than not on this forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just as it probably has been crossed on many more forums. Unfortunately, the most vocal of people are also the most negative. But I would rather have more people be whining than for no one to complain, and shun the one person that does. It is the lesser of two evils, if you will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I suppose, but it wouldn't hurt if people would check the forums some more before starting yet another thread about the combat system.

Ulicies
09-05-2011, 08:18 PM

I suppose, but it wouldn't hurt if people would check the forums some more before starting yet another thread about the combat system. That's definitely true. I myself have been guilty of that on other sites due to inexperience. This can especially happen when people make an account just to pose a question; they probably have no clue what the thread history is like.