PDA

View Full Version : Armour of Altair Opinions?

Mossero
11-23-2009, 04:45 AM
When you see The Armour of Altair through the cage it looks awesome. But then when you equip it, it looks nothing like it. I think it looks pretty nasty, and its black what the hell is that about, Altair never wore black. It just doesn't make any sense, and the sleeves make Ezio look like he belongs in the Circus!

What do you think about this piece?

- Mossero -

caswallawn_2k7
11-23-2009, 05:09 AM
he is meant to of built the villa so he has obviously done a lot since the time we played as him.

kew414
11-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah, Altiar didn't die at the end of AC1. He had many more years of lviing to do stuff during - including make some awesome armour http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But I have to admit I'm not a fan of the black and white striped sleeves. Other than that I love the armour http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Dudebag
11-23-2009, 05:22 AM
Sure Altair never wore black in AC1 but it isnt the armour from AC1 that we get in AC2. I would say the Armour of Altair is from the later stages of his life, he would have worn the armour when he became a master assassin as I think black robes signify a Master rank among assassins.

I would also like to say I did like the armour and thought it looked pretty good apart from the black sleeves with white stripes.

But if you dont like the Armour you can always swap it back to the missaglias set, the full set of missaglias and the full set of Altair's armour have the same stats overall, its just that in one set the boots have more armour and in the other the bracers have more.

However you will have to repair the missaglias when it gets damaged whereas Altiar's armour from what ive seen doesnt take damage.

HeartlessDevilN
11-23-2009, 05:28 AM
i read the codex pages and its not altiars actual amour amour its basicly amour that altair MADE not wore the title altiars amour is just a little bit misleading thats all ^^

(sorry for any mispellings)

Phoenix20022003
11-23-2009, 06:57 AM
i love it, sleeves and all i dont care. once i got it i put it on and it hasnt come off since. his sword kicks *** too

Mossero
11-23-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't like his sword, I think its pretty plain and boring, The Shiavona is much nicer and the Venetian Falchion I like aswell.

- Mossero -

Mossero
11-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Dudebag:

But if you dont like the Armour you can always swap it back to the missaglias set, the full set of missaglias and the full set of Altair's armour have the same stats overall, its just that in one set the boots have more armour and in the other the bracers have more.

However you will have to repair the missaglias when it gets damaged whereas Altiar's armour from what ive seen doesnt take damage.

I much prefer the Missaglias set of armour, its too bad you can't mix parts of Altair's Armour like you can with all the others.

- Mossero -

Grandmaster_Z
11-23-2009, 07:39 AM
if you read all the codex that altair wrote, it tells you about alot of things he does after ac1, including finding new ways to forge metal for weapons/armor. (using the apple of eden). I like the black look, but totally agree with you about the sleeves, looks too clownish with the black/white stripes.

demon-elite
11-23-2009, 12:14 PM
i dont like the white stripes and i have a question did anyone get ezios master assassins outfit because i never got it

Silhouelle
11-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I didn't like the fact it was black, such an overdone colour. I usually had my clothes dyed Tuscan Ochre (dark green) or the Florentine Crimson, thought they looked much nicer than black or white gear. It'd be fine if the robes could be dyed any colour imo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I loved the explanation of the armour though, that he crafted it using info from the piece of eden. Makes me wonder if he lost much of his sanity during the years he used it. ^^;

NuclearFuss
11-23-2009, 12:38 PM
I got the Wetland Ebony robes, and used the Missaglias armour and now he looks exactly like the Black Edition figure.

florisz1990
11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Or Altair took Al Mualim's clothes. Although I don't remember how they look. Black, that's all I know.

Tricai
11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
I just unlocked this armour today. In my opinion it looked even better in reality than what it did behind the bars. I love that black robe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It's a shame you can't dye it like your 'normal' suit, but I guess it would have been pointless anyway.

Chiiru22
11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I like the color and the look of the armor.
<3

eZpiri2
11-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Since Altair's armor looked a bit, odd. This is what I did. From the Uplay thing, I got Altair's outfit. So while I'm wearing the black armor, I can cover it up with his white robe, though I do this. i beleive they should add Altair's short sword. I loved that thing.

monoolho
11-24-2009, 12:02 AM
I loved the armour, the only thing I did not quite like was the white striped sleeves, but I do agree they look awesome and fitting for renaissance or however you spell it. I loved it, my only regret is that once you wear it, you can't dye it, nor wear the assassin's clothes without armour. (Like giovanni)

I first wore it by the time of the carnivale sequence, so it was AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL.

Jaraguro
11-24-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm not sure how you dislike the armor at all.
Honestly, I found it beautiful! The white stripes on the sleeves are perfect! The armor completely matches Ezio's role throughout the game. I loved it. Dying it would've been very odd. I would've not liked the armour to be customizable. It's the most powerful and special, and really, the most beautiful and perfect for Ezio. Altering it would be such a shame. I hope they manage to impress me further in AC3 with an evolution to Altair's armor.

m3rcer
11-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Like was mentioned, I believe Altair's armor (or all around costume) was black to reflect his rank as Master Assassin - Similar to Al Mualim who wore black.

That said, I quite like it. It's a very nice change from standard white which I think worked better in AC1. I think renaissance era clothing needs a little more pizazz.

That said, one of the first things I did in-game was dye the white to Florence Crimson and then to ebony when it was available. I didn't care for the other ensembles that didn't feature a red midsection or rather no red at all.

Mossero
11-24-2009, 03:44 AM
Well, I guess it's not HORRIBLE, the only thing I genuinely don't like about it are the sleeves.

That being said my favourite outfit is, Missaglias Armour, Florentine Crimson with the Medici cape. Makes Ezio look like a cross between a soldier and an assassin and the vibrant red is very suiting for renaissance Italy.

- Mossero -

Rouzeki-San
11-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Altair's master, the leader of the assassin's, wore black in AC1. After the events of the 1st game, Altair became the master of the assassins, thus the black robes. Personally I love it, a mix between Al Mulaim's robes and Eztio's. Though I wish you could dye them like the standard robes. Oh well.

Brandon241
11-24-2009, 05:25 PM
its not what i thought it looked like but before the game came out on youtube their was someone from ubisoft showing the game in that armour, I think its pretty cool (but I don't think Altair would wear it)

m3rcer
11-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Brandon241:
its not what i thought it looked like but before the game came out on youtube their was someone from ubisoft showing the game in that armour, I think its pretty cool (but I don't think Altair would wear it)

Take off the cape and renaissance styling cues (like the white stripes on the sleeves)and I think it would be definitely Altair-like.

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 09:49 PM
I liked the sleeve, it gave him the cocky, Ezio, city life, italian look :P

PlagueDoctor357
11-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Wish we could rock the carnival cape or even the mask whenever you wanted.

nazerianj
11-25-2009, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by eZpiri2:
Since Altair's armor looked a bit, odd. This is what I did. From the Uplay thing, I got Altair's outfit. So while I'm wearing the black armor, I can cover it up with his white robe, though I do this. i beleive they should add Altair's short sword. I loved that thing.

WOW, i did not know you could do that. You just made my day sir. My only gripe is that you can;t see the second hidden blade with the outfit on but thats not that big a deal.

JudgeQwerty
11-25-2009, 04:19 AM
I personally dig the sleeves, especially with the Auditore cape and goattee. I just wish you got the goattee earlier...

caswallawn_2k7
11-25-2009, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Rouzeki-San:
Altair's master, the leader of the assassin's, wore black in AC1. After the events of the 1st game, Altair became the master of the assassins, thus the black robes. Personally I love it, a mix between Al Mulaim's robes and Eztio's. Though I wish you could dye them like the standard robes. Oh well.
bloodlines is set after AC1 and he still wore white, he never actually used the armour in the secret room, it's armour he made that's why it's called Altiars armour as it is armour made by him.

larsvg
11-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mossero:
When you see The Armour of Altair through the cage it looks awesome. But then when you equip it, it looks nothing like it. I think it looks pretty nasty, and its black what the hell is that about, Altair never wore black. It just doesn't make any sense, and the sleeves make Ezio look like he belongs in the Circus!

What do you think about this piece?

- Mossero -

i agree, the armour also looks so bulky, i prefer the missaglias armour because it is shorter than altair's armour

Cryps1
11-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree, although I thought the black color was pretty cool, I was immediately unhappy when I saw those wierd white stripes and other white stuff on the armor.

speedball123
11-25-2009, 01:14 PM
They for some unknown reason compleatly changed the armor i would have been fine if it was the same armor from the original game that you could unlock.

NuclearFuss
11-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Wetland Ebony + Missaglis Armour = Awesome Black Edition costume.

thekyle0
11-25-2009, 01:38 PM
There were only two things I didn't like about Altiar's Armor.

1) The front leg flaps. I think they are just too long. I prefered the short ones that Ezio has on his usual outfit.

2) The armor plates. They have so much less detailing than the Missaglias armor. They also look like they're made of cloth. They look like they're just a texture pasted over the robes whereas the other armor actually looked rigid and unbendable. Which is what armor should look like.

MasterAssasEzio
03-30-2010, 11:06 AM
I am just now playing this game and was looking why the outfit was black, but it makes sense what one guy said about the Master's wearing black robes. One thing I have to disagree with everyone who posted on here just about is about the white striped sleeves on the Altair's Armour. I think that really brings the whole suit together, it wouldn't look right with just solid black, if you look closely to the rest of his costume it really make it look exquisite.

FeroxtheWizard
03-30-2010, 12:52 PM
i wear the black and red clothing and have the whole game from the moment i was able, even with Altair's armor. The plain white is too...plain, and stands out in Italy circa 1400s

El_Sjietah
03-30-2010, 02:03 PM
My only gripe with the armors is that you can't take them off altogether. I actually started a new game as soon as I finished it the first time, just so I could run around with nothing but boots for armor (stupid tutorial quest, forcing me to buy boots). While the armor does look fancy, I just don't think it's very assassinish.

Dizlol
03-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Alta´r armor and Auditore cape <3

NightmareGK13
03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
not sure if anyone replied this or not
but
black is the color of the master assassins aka Al Mualim wore black, but strangely so did malik and the other two i cant remember the name on the assassins beaurous so that wouldnt make much sense

i actually liked the overall look of the armor, and considering he died near the middle of the gothic era i cant really say that it is all that visionary

one thing that i regret is not having a pair of decent boots and a shoulder pad like the misaglias

if no one read all the codex pages i strongly recommend doing so, it basically tells the whole story of Alta´r when the first game ended