PDA

View Full Version : I was off to buy PF but It's been pulled off the selves!!!

Flanker15
04-06-2005, 11:34 PM
I live in Australia and I've just got my new computer so being a fan of the Il2 series I went down to Eb to get a copy of Pacific Fighters. To my dismay there were no copies at the store where I had seen heaps just a few days ago, I asked the guy at the counter whats up and he said that there was some sort of legal action being taken against the developer because they hadn't lisenced the right to use a plane brand or something he wasn't sure, but he was sure that it's been pulled from every store around the country (I checked and he was right!).
Aggghhh what can I do, I hope they sort this thing out so I can a copy of the game!!!

Flanker15
04-06-2005, 11:34 PM
I live in Australia and I've just got my new computer so being a fan of the Il2 series I went down to Eb to get a copy of Pacific Fighters. To my dismay there were no copies at the store where I had seen heaps just a few days ago, I asked the guy at the counter whats up and he said that there was some sort of legal action being taken against the developer because they hadn't lisenced the right to use a plane brand or something he wasn't sure, but he was sure that it's been pulled from every store around the country (I checked and he was right!).
Aggghhh what can I do, I hope they sort this thing out so I can a copy of the game!!!

huggy87
04-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Try pricegrabber.com, or any website for any of the major software distributors. Ebay may have something.

lbhskier37
04-07-2005, 12:13 AM
still up at EBs website.

Tully__
04-07-2005, 03:59 AM
I saw a copy in a small computer store in Coburg (Melbourne's northern suburbs) today.

JunkoIfurita
04-07-2005, 04:38 AM
www.gameswarehouse.com.au (http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au)

It's selling it, cheaply even. Pick up a copy of the Gold Pack while you're there!

----

SparkyCivic
04-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Im not sure what currency you have in Australia but here is a link in GBP

http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?catalogid=135&id=25

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/wardy_ward/wardy_forums_logo_signature.jpg

stansdds
04-07-2005, 06:31 AM
I foresaw this happening and snagged one off eBay before I even had a computer that would run this sim. You might still find it on eBay. It is sad, but evidently there is pending litigation involving Northpoop/Grubbyman (yes, the names are changed to protect the innocent, the innocent being me! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ). Granted, the use of the manufacturers names could very well be a copyright infringement, but use of electronic images? There are tons of posts on this board about licensing that is being demanded not only for sims, but for plastic model kits as well.

VW-IceFire
04-07-2005, 07:39 AM
Ubi already settled we were told. So not sure how there could be more legal action. If so...there probably needs to be a backlash...gone a little too far!

Cess-SGTRoc
04-07-2005, 10:57 AM
As I put in another post I have been told at 5 other software stores that they are not ordering anymore of the IL2 games.
I was told that the sales had dropped to almost nothing, and because of legal issues with the sim.

Now if UBI has setteld this, they better be telling the managers of these stores because they seem to think that there is still a issue and it is not worth getting the copys into the store to sell. The copys that where there where at a VERY low price, on the Out the door quick shelve as I call it.

I don't know if this is the cause, but even I am starting to think that this issue is what is keeping the patch from comming out.
Because as in the READ ME in the PF game says there was not enough room provided to be able to put all the game on, and it would be posted on the web site for download.
And it has Been how many months? And not even the quote,{ the finished part that they did not have enough room for has not been put on.}

So who knows, as this does not bode well for this game.
And I for one like Olegs work and hope to see it and be able to get it for years to come.
But I can't help to think that there is something we do not know about that is causing the endless delays and not the code in the game or Beta testing .

mortoma
04-07-2005, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stansdds:
I foresaw this happening and snagged one off eBay before I even had a computer that would run this sim. You might still find it on eBay. It is sad, but evidently there is pending litigation involving Northpoop/Grubbyman (yes, the names are changed to protect the innocent, the innocent being me! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ). Granted, the use of the manufacturers names could very well be a copyright infringement, but use of electronic images? There are tons of posts on this board about licensing that is being demanded not only for sims, but for plastic model kits as well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>In the U.S. I see PF in every PC store I go in. In Salt Lake City,
I went into a CompUSA store two days ago and they had one copy of the original Forgotten Battles, three copies of FB Gold, one copy of AEP and 6 copies of PF!!!!! The same day I saw three copies of PF in a BestBuy in Sandy, Utah.

nearmiss
04-07-2005, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cess-SGTRoc:
As I put in another post I have been told at 5 other software stores that they are not ordering anymore of the IL2 games.
I was told that the sales had dropped to almost nothing, and because of legal issues with the sim.

Now if UBI has setteld this, they better be telling the managers of these stores because they seem to think that there is still a issue and it is not worth getting the copys into the store to sell. The copys that where there where at a VERY low price, on the Out the door quick shelve as I call it.

I don't know if this is the cause, but even I am starting to think that this issue is what is keeping the patch from comming out.
Because as in the READ ME in the PF game says there was not enough room provided to be able to put all the game on, and it would be posted on the web site for download.
And it has Been how many months? And not even the quote,{ the finished part that they did not have enough room for has not been put on.}

And I for one like Olegs work and hope to see it and be able to get it for years to come.
But I can't help to think that there is something we do not know about that is causing the endless delays and not the code in the game or Beta testing . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't believe a word of that!

Words is all that is. People can and do say jsut about anything.

What guy running a gamestore is gonna know a darn thing about "so-called" legal issues? I think it's best to just listen to that kind of information and balance it against what you really know.

You wait until the patch and you just may find it more difficult to get a PF.

Oleg, has always just pumped up this sim for online users and just pandered to the larger audience (offline users). The FMB is so lousy it's barely worth messing with. That's why you have so many campaign and mission generator thingies... Players really want to enjoy the sim, but beyond online air combat...the jury is still out, IMO. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Oleg has milked this sim for all it's worth and this next patch will have to be a doozie to keep players interested enough to hold out for Oleg's BOB.

Therefore, I conclude it will probably be the best patch we've ever received from Oleg since the IL2 ver 1.0.

You can find copies of PF all over EBAY.

Cess-SGTRoc
04-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Oh he does not? I love it when something is put in a post that someone does not like, or is afraid that it will go against what they want.

Then they attack everyone that do not put what they want to hear.
No wonder this place is the last to know.
Has to be kids. At least I hope that is who is posting this.
But what else would one think they would see in responce to a post that does not conform to what is P.C for the IL2 forum .
We will just have to wait and see who is correct now won't we.

They would not know,lol

Renegade_50
04-07-2005, 02:11 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif
So do you think we will get a refund for buying PF when we buy the new game? Like we could carry our PF cd and case to the store with us like a core exchange like you do for a worn out battery or starter

VW-IceFire
04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cess-SGTRoc:

But I can't help to think that there is something we do not know about that is causing the endless delays and not the code in the game or Beta testing . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Honestly...I'm questioning the guys who own the stores at this point. We've heard none of this at all. Anywhere. We heard some rumblings (mostly rumors) about legal issues, then we were told that Ubi had settled them. So unless there are new issues about...these guys just don't want them on the shelf anymore. Which is a shame because the entire series is a real gem.

Maybe I shouldn't like video games anymore. My favorite video game series have been the Aces collection (Aces of the Pacific, Aces Over Europe), Wing Commander, FreeSpace, and then the IL-2 series. The first three are dead. We're now on shaky ground...*sigh*

Oh but I did buy all of the C&C games and thats still strong....I think...