AntiChrist7
09-12-2011, 03:13 AM
cool and original story bro

Assassin_M
09-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
cool and original story bro
Your Reply was in no way helpful.

to The OP, sorry Armor wont be Removable, Gabe said it at PAX accompanied by some BS reason that it is a "gamebreaker"
here is hoping we are not forced to put on Armor like brotherhood.
hard to walk with C**p on your shoulders.

SupremeCaptain
09-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Such a BS reason.

"Removing armour is gamebreaking"

What if we never brought armour? How is it gamebreaking then? >_>

I literally facepalmed when Gabe said that.

dxsxhxcx
09-12-2011, 07:00 AM
they don't want to work on that, simple... :P

LightRey
09-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Now now, I could quite well imagine it'd be gamebreaking at this stage. The game probably expects Ezio and/or Alta´r to be wearing armor at certain points. I could imagine that they might not have as much trouble if they'd try to implement the possibility of removing armor in one of the next games, but ACR is probably too far along the line of completion.

Grandmaster_Z
09-12-2011, 08:56 AM
g@ybreaking!

ILLusioNaire
09-12-2011, 09:03 AM
This is something that people have wanted since ACII. I can't imagine a really good reason why they couldn't have given the fans what we wanted here in ACR. For all the stuff they add in there, removing the armor doesn't seem to be the most difficult of projects to accomplish, and furthermore, hardly the least logical at this point for various reasons. Hopefully, this is all fixed with AC3.

donngold
09-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Its bs. If they expected us to have all the armor at a certain point but all we bought was the spaulders, would that break the game? No

Animuses
09-12-2011, 01:35 PM
This is unacceptable. The devs know we want this, but refuse to give it to us.

kriegerdesgottes
09-12-2011, 01:41 PM
It's a bit ridiculous. When they didn't do it in ACII it was acceptable. They ran out of time to make that game even replayable so ezio always having armor was annoying but wasn't a big deal. Then Brotherhood came out and we had all complained a lot about it in ACII and we still had to keep the armor and by keep it I mean glitch the game to NOT have it. They know we were doing that. Now it's just kind of ridiculous. And I can't help but wonder if it's something they could concentrate on if they had time to.

LightRey
09-12-2011, 03:07 PM
I would like to point out that this thread is yet another repost of a series of threads about the very same subject. I would advise the mods to close it, since there's already an active thread about the subject.

Grandmaster_Z, I'm sorry but that would actually be bypassing the language filter (even though some moderators would consider the language filter doing its job to be bypassing the language filter for some reason).

Oh, and people, if this really were such a big deal as most of you are thinking, then Ubisoft would already have taken the time to implement it. This is really only an issue to part of the hardcore AC fanbase, which is by itself already a small part of the entire fanbase. I'm sorry, but you're a minority and Ubisoft has priorities to follow.

naran6142
09-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:

didn't gabe say that they were working on a skin??

i think most people would be happy as long as it looks like we're not wearing any armor

kriegerdesgottes
09-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

i think most people would be happy as long as it looks like we're not wearing any armor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said what we really want is a skin and that there are no promises but they will def see what they can do. Or that's how I remember it.

Ulicies
09-12-2011, 04:20 PM
I really want my weaponry/equipment to be customized. I'd love to optimize my assassin for long-range, and leave everything else at the base.

SupremeCaptain
09-12-2011, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

i think most people would be happy as long as it looks like we're not wearing any armor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said we needed a skin, he didn't say we would be getting one.

Animuses
09-12-2011, 06:04 PM

i think most people would be happy as long as it looks like we're not wearing any armor
A skin is not at all the same as removing armor and weapons. The fans have been asking for it since ACII, but they decided to **** us over.

naran6142
09-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

A skin is not at all the same as removing armor and weapons. The fans have been asking for it since ACII, but they decided to **** us over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at least they are trying to make a compromise(i'll be happy with the skin)

hey does anyone here design video games, that can explain to us why ubi cant remove armor. i think some people would relax if they new why

im curious myself

dxsxhxcx
09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

A skin is not at all the same as removing armor and weapons. The fans have been asking for it since ACII, but they decided to **** us over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at least they are trying to make a compromise(i'll be happy with the skin)

hey does anyone here design video games, that can explain to us why ubi cant remove armor. i think some people would relax if they new why

im curious myself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if I'm not wrong (it's been some time since I played ACB for the last time) the armor affect how much health we have, so to give us the option to remove armor they would probably need to change some things for everytime we remove "x" piece of armor, we also lose the amount of health that piece provide...

rileypoole1234
09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
I'd be fine with a skin. I don't even care anyway. I like to see Ezio with the armor. He looks awesome to me with it, but I would also like to be able to "let him breathe" a little bit.

Blind2Society
09-12-2011, 09:00 PM
A skin works for me.

naran6142
09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
if I'm not wrong (it's been some time since I played ACB for the last time) the armor affect how much health we have, so to give us the option to remove armor they would probably need to change some things for everytime we remove "x" piece of armor, we also lose the amount of health that piece provide...

ok that sorta makes sense to me. so its like if we removed all armor we would have the wrong number of health points and the game would crash

well couldnt they just make an armor with 0 stats that we can equip and then just make that armor set invisible or something

i dont really understand this stuff so i cant really say anything. i have no reason to doubt ubi anyways

and they have more important things work on

2 months 2 days till ACR... cant wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NewtypeSC
09-13-2011, 09:39 AM
It is unfortunate that we will not have the option to remove armor even in this new game. I am at least hoping for an option for some decent unlockable outfits/skins. I think one thing that was missing from brotherhood was a way to unlock the ACII Ezio outfit. I mean, it was even in the game through playing the flashback memories. It didn't make sense that they didn't include it as an outfit option in the menu. I am hoping since ACR is the last game in the Altair/Ezio story, that all the outfits throughout the series will be available to unlock and wear.

ILLusioNaire
09-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Oh, and people, if this really were such a big deal as most of you are thinking, then Ubisoft would already have taken the time to implement it. This is really only an issue to part of the hardcore AC fanbase, which is by itself already a small part of the entire fanbase. I'm sorry, but you're a minority and Ubisoft has priorities to follow.

Really? Only the harcore fans? Last I checked most AC fans are hardcore fans. This seems to be an issue that is widely complained about in the community. Putting some kind of "remove all armor" feature isn't too much to ask for, especially considering they know the fans have been complaining about it for the last two games.

Jexx21
09-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Really? Only the harcore fans? Last I checked most AC fans are hardcore fans. This seems to be an issue that is widely complained about in the community. Putting some kind of "remove all armor" feature isn't too much to ask for, especially considering they know the fans have been complaining about it for the last two games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last you checked? Is there some kind of statistical record saying how many AC fans come on to forums and post? Because the 'hardcore AC fans' are the ones that post on forums about it for more than a couple of posts. And trust me, that is a very small minority.

And I couldn't care less whether or not we can remove armor, because I like the look of the armor.

Black_Widow9
09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post this here-
Petition - Option to un-equip armor and weapons in AC:R (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3051098929)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>