PDA

View Full Version : The Positives: Let's tell Ubi what we liked about the game.

dontos
05-11-2010, 08:42 PM
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Realistic Graphics
<LI>Realistic Character Movement
<LI>3 Difficulty Levels
<LI>Varied Game Play and Mission Scenarios
<LI>In Game Control Tips (Instructions)
<LI>Cinematic Sequences
<LI>Online Saved Games
<LI>Ability to Play Without DVD After Install and Registration
[/list]

sam2000_290
05-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Everything.

What you said +

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Stealth and Action
<LI> Cool multiplayer
<LI> Good controls
<LI> Extreme difficulty for Infiltration
<LI> Co-op play
<LI> Sexual themes (lol)
<LI> Awesome music/soundtracks (I don't condone piracy but music is legal in Canada so I just got all the sound track.)
<LI> Again awesome music/soundtrack
<LI> Change of gameplay
<LI> Mark and Execute
<LI> LKM
<LI> Awesome music/soundtrack
<LI> Did I mention awesome music/soundtrack?
<LI> Everything
[/list]

darkzero7
05-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I really liked

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>The splash text with objectives
<LI>The fast pace of the story and gameplay (actual movement/controls not necessarily the run and gun)
<LI>The cover mechanic
<LI>The cleaner HUD
<LI>The choice between stealth and action is more viable (older games made heavy action tough or a non-option)
<LI>DLC every Thursday!
<LI>Co-op, games need co-op in this type of genre these days to warrant a purchase early on
[/list]

Toshi_
05-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by dontos:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Realistic Graphics[/list]
Yyyeah... Not really.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Realistic Character Movement[/list]
Uhm... Have you seen the ledge-hang sprint? Try doing that yourself...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>3 Difficulty Levels[/list]
Wooow, if only they added difficulty levels to the previous games... Oh, wait...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>In Game Control Tips (Instructions)[/list]
Cause it's oh-so friggin' hard to remember them!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Online Saved Games[/list]
UBI server down = no playing... Yaaayy --_--'

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Ability to Play Without DVD After Install and Registration[/list]
Wow, ain't that just briliant! It's not like that's exactly what a bunch of cracking groups do with pretty much EVERY game...

CGrecon
05-12-2010, 08:21 AM
positives ??? - the game (gameplay) is perfect. About graphics - naaa.... face animations, textures, shadows - it's must be much better in 2010, in 2008 we've seen better shadows i think, and face anims - masseffect2, or assasin's creed 2 - i don't get it O_o in AC2 Ubi made much better face. So... graphics - no it is not most good what is in this game.

Ubi made great game on ugly engine with ugly stupid online service system - that's all.

Ceibalk
05-12-2010, 09:23 AM
The Bourne Identity-like melee kills are awesome.

CGrecon
05-12-2010, 10:17 AM
omg.. this "like"mans, i hate it. Bourne it's Bourne, it's a movie character and then was made some game with him. And Sam Fisher, splinter cell recons, 3 echelon - it's another story, it was new only for game story - so don't say "it's like bourne", i mean it's more "Bourne like Sam Fisher". )

darkzero7
05-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by AlexCGart:
omg.. this "like"mans, i hate it. Bourne it's Bourne, it's a movie character and then was made some game with him. And Sam Fisher, splinter cell recons, 3 echelon - it's another story, it was new only for game story - so don't say "it's like bourne", i mean it's more "Bourne like Sam Fisher". )

Actually it is in fact the other way around. They did make Sam Fisher more Bourne like, who was a book character in the novel The Bourne Identity published in like 1980. In fact the original splinter cell came after the first hollywood Bourne movies.

I will admit I wish the Bourne game was more like Conviction in terms of gameplay & mechanics.

Ceibalk
05-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by AlexCGart:

..Or I'll just say Bourne Identity-like melee kills and you'll still get my point.

CGrecon
05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
i disagree about "bourne like sam" anyway.. Sam was born from commandos movie more i think, somethink like eehm.. a little spy wars like in one movie with Chuck Norris, US special forces etc.
How sam killing badguys, yep its looks like in hollywood but.. bourne killed in action, and sam killed like hunter from the shadows right?..so
--------------------------------------
So, anyway - how sam killing enemies? - nicehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif - and this is a top point of gameplay, it was concept "sam will kill this bandits and it will be cool, and game will one of topgames".

Gameplay - it is most coolest thing in this game )

dontos
05-12-2010, 11:06 PM
I never suggested that the graphics in this game are the best game graphics available, just that I find them to be realistic. Perhaps not the most realistic of what's available, but certainly realistic enough to provide an enjoyable and immersive gaming experience.

Necrophilic
05-13-2010, 12:38 AM
[LIST]
<LI>Great cover system.
<LI>Great story.
<LI>Awesome and fun multiplayer (when working properly.
<LI>Graphics are awesome.
<LI>Smooth gameplay on my PC.
<LI>Kick-butt outfits/armors in Deniable Ops/Multiplayer.
<LI>Weekly DLC is always great.
<LI>Great action (Krav Maga hand-to-hand techniques are brutal!)
<LI>Good selection of game modes.

etc. etc. etc.

tse_tsz_tun
05-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Toshi_:

Uhm... Have you seen the ledge-hang sprint? Try doing that yourself...

I know how to do a wall-jump, other basic staffs...
I do push-up and squat in regular basis.

But seriously, I cannot do the ledge-hang spirit!
Also, I have not seen any Parkour videos of performing this movement.

Some of agile moves in Conviction are too unrealistic...
They should ask advices from Parkour experts...

tse_tsz_tun
05-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Positive:

1. Cover system
2. Better shooting mechanics
3. The ideas of deniable ops
4. The customization of characters
5. The presentation of story and the emotional tone of Victor
6. Krav Maga
7. Choice of action

Ashrien
05-13-2010, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dontos:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
Negative Comment.

Negative Comment.

Negative Comment.

Negative Comment.

Negative Comment.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Ability to Play Without DVD After Install and Registration[/list]
Negative Comment (that seems to support piracy) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Toshi_
Thread is called "The Positives"

Just a general rule of thumb; if you don't have something nice to say.. Don't say anything. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

No sense in trolling just to pick a fight with someone that actually supports the owner of these forums. If you want flame-wars or e-peen contests, head to the WoW forums.

------------------------
As for my actual post;
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Great cover system.
<LI> Graphics are awesome.
<LI> Fanf*ckingtastic Story.
<LI> Multiplayer that keeps me coming back.
<LI> Smooth gameplay on my PC. (After SLI Fix)
<LI> Semi-traditional suits.
<LI> Deniable Ops make for hours of pipe-dropping, head-twisting fun.
<LI> Weekly DLC is always great.
<LI> Fairly realistic motions for combat.
[/list]

The best thing Ubi did in Conviction:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> The Cover System
[/list]

RMJ1984
05-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Well thread is a good idea, because its easier to mention the few good things, rather than the endless list of bad things.

The one good thing is that Sam Fisher's daughter wasnt dead, that was pretty much the only good thing is this game.

Do better next time.

darkzero7
05-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by RMJ1984:
Well thread is a good idea, because its easier to mention the few good things, rather than the endless list of bad things.

The one good thing is that Sam Fisher's daughter wasnt dead, that was pretty much the only good thing is this game.

Do better next time.

Oh yeah, i was so glad she wasn't dead, but was saddened by Lambert's death...

Multimaster88
05-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Ashrien:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toshi_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dontos:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
Negative Comment.

Negative Comment.

Negative Comment.

Negative Comment.

Negative Comment.

Negative Comment (that seems to support piracy) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Toshi_
Thread is called "The Positives"

Just a general rule of thumb; if you don't have something nice to say.. Don't say anything. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

No sense in trolling just to pick a fight with someone that actually supports the owner of these forums. If you want flame-wars or e-peen contests, head to the WoW forums.

------------------------
As for my actual post;
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Great cover system.
<LI> Graphics are awesome.
<LI> Fanf*ckingtastic Story.
<LI> Multiplayer that keeps me coming back.
<LI> Smooth gameplay on my PC. (After SLI Fix)
<LI> Semi-traditional suits.
<LI> Deniable Ops make for hours of pipe-dropping, head-twisting fun.
<LI> Weekly DLC is always great.
<LI> Fairly realistic motions for combat.
[/list]

The best thing Ubi did in Conviction:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> The Cover System
[/list] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but all these positive comments are lies. When someone lies your supposed to correct them so other people who are reading this are not misled to believe false information.

State the positives yes, BUT DONT LIE.

If its bad Multiplayer dont say its good, if its unrealistic movement dont say its realistic.

You corrected it better i see.

1 thing i liked,

The melee system of knocking people out. Just wish there was a knife.

Another thing i like, they actually patched it an are putting in an effort to fix the bugs.

dontos
05-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Subjective determinations or opinions differ from objective determinations or beliefs in that people can hold different opinions without anyone being wrong or lying. In my opinion, the character movement in the game looks natural (realistic) and the graphics look realistic as well. I'm not lying, as these are my real opinions. Perhaps you hold different opinions about these aspects of the game, but that does not mean either one of us is lying or is wrong, as qualities like "realistic" are subjective.

GUInterface
05-14-2010, 09:51 AM
- Graphics are above average.
- Music is amazing.
- Gameplay is great when you're allowed to choose if you want to play it like a shooter or a stealth game, instead of being forced to play it like one or the other.

Unreal4.Dev
05-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by sam2000_290:
(I don't condone piracy but music is legal in Canada so I just got all the sound track.)

Alanis Morrisette is not legal.

Duece234
05-14-2010, 04:36 PM
long rage about what others said.

you don't need to be all negative, at least the game came out, you would of complained if it never, did so shut-up and deal with what you have.

kloss_hans
05-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Graphics?
LOL - Double Agent has better... and character face animation too.

dontos
05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
At 1920x1200 Double Agent does not have better graphics as it doesn't support this resolution.

Better graphics and facial expressions in DA? Are you sure? I find this hard to believe since DA came out about 5 years ago. Would someone else like to comment on this?

sam2000_290
05-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Limerick_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sam2000_290:
(I don't condone piracy but DOWNLOADING music is legal in Canada so I just got all the sound track.)

Alanis Morrisette is not legal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

okkk......