PDA

View Full Version : Help & ?'s on Installing New Missions Needed.

DarthCorleone1
12-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi1 All, I need some ?'s answered b-4 I install my 1'st downloaded mission.
I have all the games (IL-2 FB Aces & PF) with the 3.2 patch I was able to get online for the first time last week but this week I get kicked as soon as I connect. I guess I'l have to get the 3.3 patch to fix that problem.

I downloaded the Pearl Harbor mission from this site. The Pearl harbor.Zip has 3 files in it.
Pearl Harbor.pro...
Pearl Harbor.Mis File
Intro_Pearl.txt

EXACTLY where do I Extract each each file to? ) I need an answer better that just your FB root directory. i'e C:\Program Files\UbiSoft\what???

When I look at my C:\Progeam File root directory I find 2 Ubi installs. A (Ubi Soft) folder with IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, and a (Ubisoft) folder with Pacific Fighters inside. Is this correct? One would think that there would be only 1 Ubi directory. Please let me know if this 2 directory installation is correct Thanks DC.

DarthCorleone1
12-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi1 All, I need some ?'s answered b-4 I install my 1'st downloaded mission.
I have all the games (IL-2 FB Aces & PF) with the 3.2 patch I was able to get online for the first time last week but this week I get kicked as soon as I connect. I guess I'l have to get the 3.3 patch to fix that problem.

I downloaded the Pearl Harbor mission from this site. The Pearl harbor.Zip has 3 files in it.
Pearl Harbor.pro...
Pearl Harbor.Mis File
Intro_Pearl.txt

EXACTLY where do I Extract each each file to? ) I need an answer better that just your FB root directory. i'e C:\Program Files\UbiSoft\what???

When I look at my C:\Progeam File root directory I find 2 Ubi installs. A (Ubi Soft) folder with IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, and a (Ubisoft) folder with Pacific Fighters inside. Is this correct? One would think that there would be only 1 Ubi directory. Please let me know if this 2 directory installation is correct Thanks DC.

BH-21
12-26-2004, 09:24 PM
I don't think in your description that is how its supposed to look. I'm on my interneting computer, not my gaming one so I can't look.

As far as placement of the files. The one *.txt is for your information and you can double click it, it may even have instructions. Placement of the other two files would be IL-2\missions\single\ (then the country code or faction you want it to appear in). This assumes that its a single player mission.

DD_NL
12-27-2004, 04:21 AM
It looks like you have a seperate install of Pacific Fighters, instead of a merged. That's fine, but if you have both games, why not do a merged install, that way you have best of both worlds in one.

The mission you downloaded, what country is it for? Put the mission folder, not the loose files, into

C:\Programfiles\UbiSoft\PacificFighters\Missions\S ingle\COUNTRYFOLDER\

if the mission is a Pacific Fighters mission.
If the mission you downloaded has no folder, just make one called PearlHarbor in the appropriate game folder.

So, if the PearlHarbor mission is for the USNavy, then the path would look like this:

C:\Programfiles\UbiSoft\PacificFighters\Missions\S ingle\UN\PearlHarbor

Hope this helps. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EURO_Snoopy
12-27-2004, 04:25 AM
Mission Installation guide (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/locategame.htm)

DarthCorleone1
12-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Thank's for the help All. Do I reinstall all over again? Or, do I do a cut $ paste? to merge the two? DC.