PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else get annoyed by what people say on youtube about AC?

rileypoole1234
08-23-2011, 03:51 PM
I was just looking at the comments on Youtube of the Gamescon demo. People were bashing AC and giving wrong information, complaining about Altairs voice and so on. I found myself getting actually angry. I tried to explain to the people that his voice change is because of the Animus 2.0 and everything. But nobody would have it. I don't really know but it just really gets on my nerves when people think they know everything about something but really don't know anything. Does that annoy you too? Do you even read the comments? Or do you just not care?

SupremeCaptain
08-23-2011, 03:54 PM
I hate that too. All I've seen is them saying is "BRING BACK ALTAIR'S OLD VOICE ACTOR", even though it's the same. It's annoying, but oh well.

Animuses
08-23-2011, 03:57 PM
They also try to say I'm wrong when I tell them Ezio and Altair aren't related.

kriegerdesgottes
08-23-2011, 03:59 PM
I try not to even read the Youtube comments because they are more than likely casual gamers who know little to nothing about the games and I don't feel like arguing with them.

LightRey
08-23-2011, 03:59 PM
It's best just to ignore them. They're just stupid.

luckyto
08-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Don't sweat it. People complain about everything on the internet. I think that is it's purpose.

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Welcome to Plant Earth

Ioder
08-23-2011, 04:03 PM
These are people who play the AC games half way and decide to flame anybody who likes the series.

twenty_glyphs
08-23-2011, 04:15 PM
While YouTube comments contain some of the worst writing known to man, I think complaints about the voice are valid. Even if the voice actor is the same, which I have not seen officially confirmed, his voice really is completely different. It's hard to connect to him and accept him as Alta´r when his voice sounds like a completely different person and his face looks very different. We can have our theories about why the Animus has made his voice that way, but that has not been officially stated. Maybe his voice is different because we're in the Animus 2.0, maybe it's different because Ezio is playing them through the seals and those are a more faithful recording of the memory. The story has not explained that, so we're just making it up for now. In the meantime, I'm not surprised people are complaining. I'm not thrilled about it, but haven't complained about it other than voicing some concern.

While we're on the subject of stupid comments, my favorite one was on Kotaku or a similar site when they posted video of the Gamescom demo. This person said they watched the first 10 seconds, saw that there was another horse wagon chase and knew instantly the entire game was a tired rehash just from that. I try to find the humor in people who hate the franchise (or any other franchise/game system) instead of letting it bother me.

LightRey
08-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
While YouTube comments contain some of the worst writing known to man, I think complaints about the voice are valid. Even if the voice actor is the same, which I have not seen officially confirmed, his voice really is completely different. It's hard to connect to him and accept him as Alta´r when his voice sounds like a completely different person and his face looks very different. We can have our theories about why the Animus has made his voice that way, but that has not been officially stated. Maybe his voice is different because we're in the Animus 2.0, maybe it's different because Ezio is playing them through the seals and those are a more faithful recording of the memory. The story has not explained that, so we're just making it up for now. In the meantime, I'm not surprised people are complaining. I'm not thrilled about it, but haven't complained about it other than voicing some concern.

While we're on the subject of stupid comments, my favorite one was on Kotaku or a similar site when they posted video of the Gamescom demo. This person said they watched the first 10 seconds, saw that there was another horse wagon chase and knew instantly the entire game was a tired rehash just from that. I try to find the humor in people who hate the franchise (or any other franchise/game system) instead of letting it bother me.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0932936/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1928116/fullcredits

Here's your confirmation.

itsamea-mario
08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah sure.

But I also get annoyed by a lot of what people say on here, so..

twenty_glyphs
08-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1928116/fullcredits

Here's your confirmation.

I'm aware of that, but I have seen IMDB be wrong several months before games have come out before. My point is still that he sounds like a different person, and the average person is not going to care what IMDB says. It's not like it's the same tone of voice with an Arabic accent, it literally sounds like a different voice as well even without the accent.

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Lets see, ignore the difference in voice and play the game, or don't buy it? Oh decisions decisions

ProdiGurl
08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I had to watch some walkthru's to get thru ACB my first time last month - I sucked, and I was throwing tantrums.
I complained that it was way too hard (ie. timed sync's that are impossible, etc.).
But I made sure to add that I was in love with & addicted to the game & couldn't put it down. Then I went back & added some tips for noobs that helped me sync it.

I think most of those complainers are new to AC & aren't as much into the game as fans are.
?

LightRey
08-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I had to watch some walkthru's to get thru ACB my first time last month - I sucked, and I was throwing tantrums.
I complained that it was way too hard (ie. timed sync's that are impossible, etc.).
But I made sure to add that I was in love with & addicted to the game & couldn't put it down. Then I went back & added some tips for noobs that helped me sync it.

I think most of those complainers are new to AC & aren't as much into the game as fans are.
?
Could be. Either way they're wrong and don't deserve the attention.

cless711
08-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
I hate that too. All I've seen is them saying is "BRING BACK ALTAIR'S OLD VOICE ACTOR", even though it's the same. It's annoying, but oh well.

Funny thing is that at first people wanted a more arabic accent. Now that he has it, people want his old voice back. Ubi can never win :/

E-Zekiel
08-23-2011, 09:05 PM

How many times do I need to link these before people believe it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1928116/

rileypoole1234
08-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm glad some people agree with me...

GunnarGunderson
08-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Stupid people make me angry, so I don't read youtube comments lest I get a brain aneurism

twenty_glyphs
08-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by cless711:
Funny thing is that at first people wanted a more arabic accent. Now that he has it, people want his old voice back. Ubi can never win :/

Some people wanted Alta´r to have an Arabic accent, and I'm sure that a lot of those people are happy with how he sounds now. Some other people were fine with it the way it was and have a hard time accepting the new one. By making one group happy, they're making the other upset. I think people have the right to complain about that change even if they still love the game. It's not upsetting me, I just find it odd. It's definitely not going to keep me from getting the game or enjoying it, but I will still have a hard time adjusting to how he sounds now. As I said, my biggest concern is that he doesn't even sound like he has the same voice with an Arabic accent now, but a different voice altogether. If they at least explain it with a line or two of dialog in the game I'll feel better about it.

Azugo
08-23-2011, 10:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:

Some people wanted Alta´r to have an Arabic accent, and I'm sure that a lot of those people are happy with how he sounds now. Some other people were fine with it the way it was and have a hard time accepting the new one. By making one group happy, they're making the other upset. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about the group that was and is fine with both accents? I prefer the new accent because it's more realistic, but if they had kept with the American accent, I'd be fine with that too.

luckyto
08-24-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm happy. I think it is for the better.

But if I didn't visit these boards, I would have never guessed that it is the same actor. Believe it or not, most people aren't going to stop to check credits, other forums or IMDB.

dxsxhxcx
08-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:

Some people wanted Alta´r to have an Arabic accent, and I'm sure that a lot of those people are happy with how he sounds now. Some other people were fine with it the way it was and have a hard time accepting the new one. By making one group happy, they're making the other upset. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about the group that was and is fine with both accents? I prefer the new accent because it's more realistic, but if they had kept with the American accent, I'd be fine with that too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you, I didn't have problems with the old accent and I enjoyed the new one... IMO it made the character more unique... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

the same applies for the new faces, it took a while to get used to them but after watching the videos more 3 or 4 times, they weren't a problem anymore...

I hope the new ancestor in AC3 has his own face too..

E-Zekiel
08-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I'm in the group that's fine with both, though I prefer the old one, I have no issues with the new one as long as it sounds genuine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TachyonicRage
08-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I was just looking at the comments on Youtube of the Gamescon demo. People were bashing AC and giving wrong information, complaining about Altairs voice and so on. I found myself getting actually angry. I tried to explain to the people that his voice change is because of the Animus 2.0 and everything. But nobody would have it. I don't really know but it just really gets on my nerves when people think they know everything about something but really don't know anything. Does that annoy you too? Do you even read the comments? Or do you just not care?

I felt the same way
Now i dont read the comments because it's either poeple are saying "Hate Face, Hate Voice" or I cant wait for AC4