PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback Joystick Fun

GazzaMataz
11-01-2004, 02:36 AM
Since buying my surround sound headphones and hearing every squeak my aircraft can make, I decided to add to my heightened realism by getting a force feedback joystick. M$ don't make em anymore and not only that they are hard to come by, so I bought a Logitech one.

WOW, now it's like learning to fly again! When I am in me Bf 109 flying at 300kph or more the roll becomes harder to do with the stick. Stalls are harder to get out of and aerobatic manouvers are all the more trickier... is this authentic?

One thing I have found that when I fire me guns sometimes and release the fire button it will continue firing until I am out of ammo - bit of a pain and not very realistic. Does anyone else get this?

GazzaMataz
11-01-2004, 02:36 AM
Since buying my surround sound headphones and hearing every squeak my aircraft can make, I decided to add to my heightened realism by getting a force feedback joystick. M$ don't make em anymore and not only that they are hard to come by, so I bought a Logitech one.

WOW, now it's like learning to fly again! When I am in me Bf 109 flying at 300kph or more the roll becomes harder to do with the stick. Stalls are harder to get out of and aerobatic manouvers are all the more trickier... is this authentic?

One thing I have found that when I fire me guns sometimes and release the fire button it will continue firing until I am out of ammo - bit of a pain and not very realistic. Does anyone else get this?

blairgowrie
11-01-2004, 04:47 AM
Sounds like you have a faulty stick. None of the things you describe should happen. Also, you probably have a trigger that sticks.

If you can still take it back to where you bought it, you should and get a new one in exchange.

TooCooL34
11-01-2004, 05:05 AM
Turn it back while you can and don't ever choose Logitech again.
yours broken and it won't last 6 months even if it was normal.
I miss M$, best FFB stick maker. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

GazzaMataz
11-01-2004, 05:15 AM
Hmmm, I have another suspicion that it is nothing to do with me stick but a problem with me sound card and winders 2k. It also seems to happen when flying through cloud, the plot thickens...

T_O_A_D
11-01-2004, 09:35 AM
FFB is different for sure. I just got a micro FFB to play with this week. Added it to the x-45 setup. I stall like crazy, I set the stick settings for this one the same as the x-45 but still alot tougher.

Any one remember how to turn off the gun effects on FFB?

NorrisMcWhirter
11-01-2004, 01:48 PM
^ Yes - you can just move files out of the force feedback folder to a safe place.

I can't remember which files do what but have an experiment - they're all called sensible names.

I think coastie has a MS dev utility for modifying ffb files, too.

Cheers,
Norris

blairgowrie
11-01-2004, 01:55 PM
I think it was either punch or shake I removed. Can't remember which. There was still a hint of FF when firing cannons but it was greatly reduced.

T_O_A_D
11-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Ah thanks will look into it. I like the gun effect but I'm sure its rough on equipment.