PDA

View Full Version : Fuel and accelerated time.

Darknest
11-19-2004, 10:07 AM
For long flights, I typically use the "super" accelerated time that blanks the screen.

I like to check my fuel state when heading home, but I've noticed that when I use "super accelerate" time, my fuel gauge hasn't budged, at least not in the P47C, A6m2, F4u-1c, and FW190A4.

I have yet to actually be in fear of running out of fuel for long flights.

Are the gauges not updating correctly, or is no fuel actually consumed while in accelerated time?

Darknest
11-19-2004, 10:07 AM
For long flights, I typically use the "super" accelerated time that blanks the screen.

I like to check my fuel state when heading home, but I've noticed that when I use "super accelerate" time, my fuel gauge hasn't budged, at least not in the P47C, A6m2, F4u-1c, and FW190A4.

I have yet to actually be in fear of running out of fuel for long flights.

Are the gauges not updating correctly, or is no fuel actually consumed while in accelerated time?

Fennec_P
11-19-2004, 11:50 AM
In my experience, fuel does consume properly in time compression.

If the gauge isn't moving, its possible you still have more fuel than the gauge will display. Most gauges only show about 300 litres. This would epsecially be true for planes with long range.

That, and check for unlimited fuel. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Waldo.Pepper
11-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Planes of the time period have many different tanks, and not all have the fuel guage linked to them. Therefore in some planes for the fuel guage to even budge, all but the 'last' tank would need to be empty first. Then and only then would the fuel guage move.

Therefore, again: do an experiment. Take off with only 25% fuel. Do your time skip and see what happens.

If it moves than that was it. If not do some more experimenting, and if its still a bug report it.

Hope I was helpful. (and right)