PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubi-Soft

Snacko00
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM
I've been a fan of the Splinter Cell series from the beginning, and I've followed it through its introduction to the world of multiplayer online gaming to its current state, from its debut as a consolized Thief clone to a franchise that threatens even the mighty Metal Gear series with Chaos Theory.

I've just purchased Conviction and can tell it's an excellent game, one that finally breaks free of roots. Unfortunately I am playing on a connection shared by 300 students and a system that pings every building every hour for fire safety reasons. Your game is now unplayable, pausing every few seconds.

There are moments that I can tell are well-crafted, the interrogations are brutal and affecting, the new approach to stealth makes things feel far more authentic and fast-paced, but even these moments bring nothing but rage and frustration.

You have consistently delivered quality titles. The Tom Clancy and Rainbow Six series has offered some of the most polished, enjoyable games of the last decade, but I am afraid you have destroyed your PC gaming market. I will not be purchasing The Forgotten Sands, nor any of your products in the future until you remove this cloying, inconsiderate and stupid DRM.

NGStudios
04-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Everything Snacko said x2.

Love Splinter Cell. Chaos Theory is and will remain one of my all-time favorite games. Conviction (from what I've seen through the connection pauses) seems to almost match Chaos Theory in awesomeness. However it will be the last game I purchase from Ubisoft.

Note: Why discourage piracy with something that makes paying customers want to pirate?