PDA

View Full Version : PC controls

Jaikano
09-25-2007, 08:40 AM
As everyone who has played a ubisoft game that has been ported onto the pc will know that ubisoft isn't great at getting the controls to work right on the pc, so i was wondering if anyone knew of ubisofts plans for pc controls or if it will be possible to play with a 360 pad and they can be plugged into the pc with ease.

Thanks in advance

chikkenstorm
09-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Am I the only one in the world who doesn't hate the PC-controlls (for example, PoP)? I don't really understand why people would like to play with a 360-pad on a pc... Get it for the X360 if you want that controlls.
I like the controlls, and you're probably able to set your own controlls.

Thumper1980
09-25-2007, 08:47 AM
No one knows anything about the PC version period.

It hasn't even been legitimately announced yet

andy276
09-25-2007, 08:48 AM
We'll see what the controls will be... but I'll probably just play with my Logitech gamepad.

Jaikano
09-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Thank you for the quick replies. and to answer the question put forward by chikkenstorm, no your not the only one who doesn't hate the pc controls, i love the pc controls for most games. But a keyboard and mouse isn't always suitable for some games like racing games and sport games. and because of assassins creed quite unique key set it could make it quite weird on a keyboard and mouse.

chikkenstorm
09-25-2007, 09:13 AM
It can't be too hard to get some nice configurations on my keyboard/mouse. Let me think...
- Attack; LMB
- Free-run; RMB
- Weapon switch; Mouse-wheel (up/down)
- Walk (if run is on auto, else it'll be run); Shift
- Intensity; Space (or maby my 5th mouse-button, at my thumb)
- What else do I need?

Jaikano
09-25-2007, 09:19 AM
you don't know how the keyset for the game works then. theres a button for your legs one for each of your hands and one for your head, then you need weapon switch (wheel mouse is rubbish at this cos you gotta scroll through all your weapons), so i guess they could do
Right arm rmb
left arm lmb
legs space
head ctrl or c (something near wasd)

but the real problem is the fast pace chases and stuff might feel a bit wrong with a keyboard and mouse, because it won't be as fast to turn corners etc, if they make it like splinter cell controls they should do well i think. but the key set is quite weird. so we'll just see

Golani2007
09-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Movw - A,S,D,W
Atack - Left MB
Run - Right MB
Change Weaopns - 1,2,3,4,5 or the whell
Crunch - C
Running On walls and stuff - Shift and the movement keys.
Eagle Vision - some sort of button and then lookong with the mouse...
Jump - space
and if i forgot something it will be probebly in Alt or Ctrl

i know FarCry have a lot of buttons, so AC can't be that hard to be controled...but who cares? I want the game anyway!

MeAltairLol
09-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Jaikano:
assassins creed's quite unique key set it could make it quite weird on a keyboard and mouse.

How do you know what they'll feel like, if you haven't played Assassin's Creed?

Malmer_DK
09-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by chikkenstorm:I don't really understand why people would like to play with a 360-pad on a pc... Get it for the X360 if you want that controlls.
So instead of just buying a $35 controller, I should (by your logic) go out and pay for a whole console - just to play the game with a gamepad as it was designed for.
Well, thank God the right people understand why.

Jaikano: I just played through PoP: Two Thrones on my PC, and the 360 controller worked flawlessly. All the buttons were mapped correctly from the start, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the game even featured rumble... I think we can expect the PC version of AC to have rumble as well (atleast with the 360 controller).

Golani2007
09-25-2007, 12:09 PM
you can buy a 360 controler and use it in the PC?!

moqqy
09-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Golani2007:

Yes, at least if you mod it a little.

Golani2007
09-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golani2007:

Yes, at least if you mod it a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you think that UBI will make that a 360 controler could be used in the PC version?
thou i dont mind to play it with the PC keys..

BTW, i can use any 360 controler or i have to buy a spiecal one?

AldirTheKnight
09-25-2007, 12:16 PM
nah, just use the wireless adapter, it lets you use xbox 360 things on the pc

Jaikano
09-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Aye or get a wired one and usb it up

chikkenstorm
09-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Malmer_DK:
So instead of just buying a $35 controller, I should (by your logic) go out and pay for a whole console - just to play the game with a gamepad as it was designed for. Hmmm, I was more thinking of people getting that controller out of their console http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif That would be pretty stupid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

DemonikCrow666
09-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Thumper1980:
No one knows anything about the PC version period.

It hasn't even been legitimately announced yet True actually, the PC version doesn't even appear on EBGames.com.

chikkenstorm
09-26-2007, 12:01 AM
PC version is announced *closes mouth to prevent other words comming out*
Jade even said in an interview that X360 and PS3 come in November and PC later. PC can't be later if there's no pc version, right?
But for some reason, Ubi is avoiding the pc version, since they don't say anything about it.

mefninja
09-26-2007, 12:04 AM
why would anyone want this on the PC anyways.. unless you dont have a console its not wise

Jaikano
09-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Well i want it for the pc because,
1. PC's are better and can give you better graphics
2. consoles are pretty crud and i'm not paying 200 for a new console when i could spend that money on upgrading my pc
3. Mods, you won't see them on anything else other then pc (for now)
4. multiplayer, if there isn't a multiplayer already put in then someone could mod it and put it in, just like they did with san andreas.
5. Patches will be released alot faster for the pc, so any bugs will get fixed quicker

So AC for the pc will be a better game then it will be for the consoles

Golani2007
09-26-2007, 05:17 AM
i agree but its more fun to play it on console for sure..

damn you UBI! tell something about the PC version

pietjevlip
09-26-2007, 05:36 AM
There's more to PC's... its easy to create custom key maps for instance... and if you use the mouse for looking around you can still be very accurate while moving it fast... which might get hard on a controller... High Class games usually cost €50 on PC while they are about €65 on X360/PS3... A good PC costs just €300 more then a PS3, so when buying 20 or more games to play on it (spread over 5 years) it's cheaper... Since Shader 4.0, what can a console offer me a PC can't?

And yes, this one is on my list of "What do I need inside my new PC", cause system speqs are expected to be a little high on this one...

jonavoly
09-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Why is everyone talking about the mouse? sure you CAN use it but you don't have to

mousless:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>intensity, shift
<LI>Jump, space
<LI>Walk, w,a,s,d
<LI>change weapon, Q + E (Or just E fo hands and Q for weapon or change weapon)
<LI>Weapon, Off-hand, Head, num 4, num 6, num 8[/list]
With a mouse:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Intensity, Shift
<LI>Weapon, Off hand, L-click, R-click
<LI>Weapon change, M-wheel
<LI>Jump, Space
<LI>Walk, w,a,s,d
<LI>Head, Whatever you can reach that you won't hit accidentally[/list]

chikkenstorm
09-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Well, with your mouse you can look around http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Using keys for that isn't really good I think.

Jaikano
09-26-2007, 09:26 AM
agreed. It depends on if the game as strafe or not if the game has strafe and playing with a mouse is alot better, if i doens't then using an analoge stick is much easier, because you can control speed and directions of turning alot better

Taraldb
09-26-2007, 02:28 PM
I will make my new PC with an cpu of 6000+ MHz it's not cheaper than the xbox/PS3 but I'd much more liked a new pc and spend som extra money on it instead of buying an console, i must agree that games like this is much better played on an controller, so i buy a xbox360 controller for my pc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif and ask for xbox settings lik on Colin Mcrae DIRT that the controls on an controller would be just like the xbox verision http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif With PC you can not only play but surf on internet go on LAN (very inportant) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif and a PC is much more "dynamic" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

chikkenstorm
09-27-2007, 12:00 AM
... using an analoge stick is much easier, because you can control speed and directions of turning alot better Well, I can control views good with a mouse; probably because I only play with a mouse (only a few times with friends on a console). I think it's just a matter what the player likes more; they can both be even.

Jaikano
09-27-2007, 01:29 AM
what do u mean by "views good", if u mean that you are good at turning and controling where you go with your mouse then very well dbut u havn't understood what i was saying, if your saying something else then please explain...

gorilla325
09-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by chikkenstorm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaikano:
... using an analoge stick is much easier, because you can control speed and directions of turning alot better Well, I can control views good with a mouse; probably because I only play with a mouse (only a few times with friends on a console). I think it's just a matter what the player likes more; they can both be even. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
another user that not yet quite grasp console's camera control. so do i...

mouse control will be more precise and easy to aim, if implemented well. that's why FPS is better on PC than on console. they usually need to implement something to help out console players in FPS,or any kind games that require precise aim.

to me 3rd person 3D action/adventure games are all about camera contorls. every stealth game require good camera control, this one should not be different. i hope UBI will be able to find a way bringing AC on PC smoothly. waiting for PC verion to come out patiently.

chikkenstorm
09-27-2007, 07:48 AM
what do u mean by "views good", if u mean that you are good at turning and controling where you go with your mouse then very well dbut u havn't understood what i was saying, if your saying something else then please explain... Well, probably I didn't understand you then...
I can really use my mouse good to control the view, atleast if implemented well (but probably they will, most games I've played where easy to control the view).
I'm just a pure pc-gamer and I'd never touch a controller in my own house http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Jaikano
09-27-2007, 09:33 AM
oh ok, now i understand. But its not the camera that worries me its the movement analogue stick is much better for goin right left forwards and backwards (turn around and run forwards basically) then the wasd keys because there is that little bit more control. But i get what you mean with the camera angles, i remember on splinter cell you were kinda screwed from the beginning if you didn't have good camera control with your mouse. And yea i'm a pc purist too =P pretty much only ever owned an xbox and ps1 and then relised that there was no point in consoles cos anything decent would come out for the pc..

yehonatan.roth
09-27-2007, 10:51 AM
might be a problem with keys leg hand head

fight and no fight might be switchet in one button or something
like tab for fight mod or climb run E.T.C mod
caps lock for intensity or no
and if you stay on no intensity shift will be intensity for holding (you get the known picture...)

but still the head hands feet keys might be trickey...

HJC86
09-28-2007, 01:10 AM
I heared earlier this month that someone of Ubisoft (not sure who or where) didn't go in on a request from a journalist, witch asked about the PC version.

Now it is already sure that the PC version will come a little bit later, to be fully honest to you guys: I hate this kind of stuff that they left the PC behind. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

But to get back on the topic I think it isn't that hard at all I mean if you look what Altair carry's and what the movements are from him on the console it isn't really that hard...:

- Movement of Cam and Altair: AWSD + Mouse
- Attack with Mouse Buttons: LMB + RMB
- Choose weapon: MMB + SCROLL + MMB
- Action keys: Q + E + F + X
- Stealth keys: SPACE + C

Q, E, F and X will change function just as on the consoles ! I mean UbiSoft is doing also GRAW2 on PC come on !