PDA

View Full Version : Is flying the Mustang unfair?

Sir.Robin-1337
11-24-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm having a crisis of faith... no not in the Mustang's or my abilities.
I realize IL2:FB:PF is a game, and unfair practises such as flying the Mustang may put people off from going into Dogfight rooms as Axis.
People should know, respect, and fear the Mustang.. but I don't want to turn people of flying in dogfights, just because they aren't all flying the best plane, like me.

Should I feel guilty about flying the mustang?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Sir.Robin-1337
11-24-2004, 02:08 PM
I realize IL2:FB:PF is a game, and unfair practises such as flying the Mustang may put people off from going into Dogfight rooms as Axis.
People should know, respect, and fear the Mustang.. but I don't want to turn people of flying in dogfights, just because they aren't all flying the best plane, like me.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

_Neveraine_
11-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Flying the Mustang is like being a king and having a million concubines a.k.a Abosolutly not http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
11-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi,

The only thing you should feel guily about is the environmental damage caused by all those discarded .50 cal shell cases due to spray and pray 'aces'.

I don't know what would be worse...a demise through getting hit by a one ton block of frozen p*ss from a passing airliner or half a ton of .50 casings piercing you all over like a needler from Halo.

Cheers,
Norris

WTE_Galway
11-24-2004, 03:09 PM
mustang is for big girls blouses

give me a tempest any day

Lav69
11-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Your kidding right? Tomorrow there will someone posting how thw FM of the Mustang is way under modeled and it is not fair. These forums crack me up. Oh and yeah.....Me and my FW will be looking for ya. Man in tights.

Sir.Robin-1337
11-24-2004, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Your kidding right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never kid. i post anonymously on a public forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>there will someone posting how thw FM of the Mustang is way under modeled <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because they fly with their gear out... besides who cares about real performance. Not me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Man in tights. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hollywood...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> mustang is for big girls blouses

give me a tempest any day <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite. Except for, the tempest isn't in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> .50 cal shell cases due to spray and pray 'aces'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see you have some issues with the Mustang. Let it out brother.. ain't no shame in crying about being owned.

VW-IceFire
11-24-2004, 03:52 PM
No you shouldn't be feeling that its unfair to be flying the Mustang because I can think of a half dozen other aircraft that are better in some or all respects:

- Spitfire IX
- P-47
- P-38
- FW190A
- FW190D-9
- Ta-152H
- Ki-84
- La-7
- Yak-9U
- P-63C

Each of these are in the realm of Mustang like performance. Not in every respect...some are better than others and some have large advantages in one area and large disadvantages in others. Depends on situation but most importantly...the pilot.

So no...go, be happy. Fly the plane you love. Regardless of its performance.

Stiglr
11-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Why should you feel guilty for flying a Stang?

It's a great plane, it flew a LOT, it had a large impact on the Western and Southern European fronts.

In the Pacific it arrived rather late, but flew some.

Sir.Robin-1337
11-24-2004, 04:19 PM
If Stiglr says so, it must be. Fact.

Mustang.. its FAAANTASTIC!

Lets get it on!

LuckyBoy1
11-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Trolling for CWOS again huh? You might try a shower and a shave and asking a girl out for a date instead of wacking on your joystick and throwing up immature and stupid posts!

Sir.Robin-1337
11-24-2004, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Trolling for CWOIS again huh? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Potato head, I am not a member.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You might try a shower and a shave and asking a firl out for a date instead of wacking on your joystick and throwing up immature and stupid posts!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a Mustang Hater... feel the love, fly a mustang!

Lav69
11-24-2004, 05:26 PM
oh my.

Korolov
11-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Flying the Mustang is the same as flying any other bird: You fly around shooting other planes and try to keep from getting hit yourself.

ucanfly
11-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Hmmm - Funny I was thinking the same thing about flying the Corsair. even though I was forced to play icons I got several easy kills on Ki-84s which usually eat me alive. Better lucky than good I guess. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

F0_Dark_P
11-24-2004, 05:39 PM
first i thought you was ironic but now i think you are just immature, stop pester us that the P51 owns everything couse it aint doing that, it is all about who is behind the stick you can get downd by any plane in the game that's that!, the P51 aint gods gift to man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
11-24-2004, 06:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I see you have some issues with the Mustang. Let it out brother.. ain't no shame in crying about being owned. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

It was some time since I was shot down by a Mustang. Besides, they're quite a rare sight now that the "easy kill" brigade migrated from them to the "cryogenically cooled" Spit some time ago.

I did shoot one down the other night, though; was it you? I only ask because I caught a whiff of John Paul Gaultier perfume as I buzzed your 'chute.

Cheers,
Norris

WUAF_Badsight
11-24-2004, 08:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir.Robin-1337:
Should I feel guilty about flying the mustang? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
if you dont feel guilty about trolling , then your going to be sweet as when you select the Mustang in the plane list

PBNA-Boosher
11-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Not at all, the mustang is easy to down.

109G-10/K-4
Yak-9 series
P-39
P-63
P-47
P-40

Those are my favorite anti P-51 planes. One good hit to the engine or canopy destroys it, easily.

Holycannoli
11-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Don't feel guilty. Air combat is not and has never been about being fair. You want every advantage you can get over your opponent.

The Mustang isn't that superior anyway. But even if it was the F-15 from Lock On, you still shouldn't feel guilty flying it. If you treat this sim as a real simulation of WWII air combat and not as a place for chivalrous online duels you'll understand (since it's just a sim it's ok to treat it as both from time to time).

WTE_Ibis
11-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Mustang = towed target

The_Ant
11-25-2004, 01:17 AM
No dont feel shamed flying a good plane.
do you think the spitfire boys or the La7 or ki-84 boys feel ashamed no!
If you like stick with it!
theirs ways for the enemy to counter your plane,let the enemy try and find that out,and when he does you will have more FUN.

triggerhappyfin
11-25-2004, 01:37 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Is flying the Mustang unfair?</span>

Unfair to the pilot flyin it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

ElmerFuddGantry
11-25-2004, 02:13 AM
No it's not unfair if you only fly the P-51 B & C's in European theatre plane sets from December, 1943 onward. For the P-51 D, that would be from March, 1944. Just remember that the earlier versions were pretty common. At VE day, May, 1945, just under half of the P-51's in Europe, were still B or C versions. For the Pacific theatre, try Autumn, 1944 for the B in China, and very late 1944, early 1945 for the D model. If you'd like an a Mustang at an earlier time, then nicely ask uncle Oleg for the Allison engined A model.

FatBoyHK
11-25-2004, 03:21 AM
Stop that Robin, you make all of our Mustang Lover look terribly stupid....

FI.Snaphoo
11-25-2004, 03:28 AM
This is no less than the second trolling post in which he's thrown out bait and caught a good mess of fish. Wow. I tip my hat to you Robin. You have skills.

Fish6891
11-25-2004, 04:08 AM
I'm a fish! I'm a REAL fish!

Fish6891
11-25-2004, 04:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FI.Snaphoo:
This is no less than the second trolling post in which he's thrown out bait and caught a good mess of fish. Wow. I tip my hat to you Robin. You have skills. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I see...the conspiracy is revealed and all is lucid...you're a monster Robin!

(Seriously Robin you're ridiculously hilarious! Almost every one of your posts cracks me up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif)

Sir.Robin-1337
11-25-2004, 04:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:
Flying the Mustang is the same as flying any other bird: You fly around shooting other planes and try to keep from getting hit yourself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a typical pilot who flies the Mstang with his gear out. Koro, I thought we talked about this.. I thought you understood.. Gear toggle is "g" key. Use it and you will find that the Mustang owns.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hmmm - Funny I was thinking the same thing about flying the Corsair. even though I was forced to play icons I got several easy kills on Ki-84s which usually eat me alive. Better lucky than good I guess. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try the Mustang.. luck does not come into it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the P51 aint gods gift to man <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was King Richard's gift to Robin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Besides, they're quite a rare sight now that the "easy kill" brigade migrated from them to the "cryogenically cooled" Spit some time ago.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange, people moving to a plane which doesn't perform as well? At any rate, here is a tissue, and the world's smallest violin playing the saddest song just for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>then your going to be sweet as when you select the Mustang in the plane list <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Badsight knows where its at! S!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Those are my favorite anti P-51 planes. One good hit to the engine or canopy destroys it, easily. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raise your gear, and you will never fear taking hits in a Mustang.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Mustang = towed target <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Smoke crack, talk smack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Unfair to the pilot flyin it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

kewl.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You have skills. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only up in the air bro..

MOhz
11-25-2004, 05:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir.Robin-1337:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>give me a tempest any day <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite. Except for, the tempest isn't in the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except that the Tempest is coming!

LStarosta
11-25-2004, 05:55 AM
I can't believe that all these people argue with Robin...

Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but the cranial density is just... astounding.

MOhz
11-25-2004, 06:08 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
11-25-2004, 06:21 AM
Hi

^ It's fun to have a bit of banter from time to time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Some people, mentioning no names, rightly feel upset that their plane just can't cut the mustard with the big boys so they have to employ psychological techniques to put other players off, although doing this in the forum is an odd move.

Cheers,
Norris

PS: I tried to listen to that violin but all I heard was white noise with a strange whining sound phasing in and out of it. A bit like the visual tinnitus I experience when I see a Robin thread. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TX-Bomblast
11-25-2004, 06:35 AM
P-51's????? Just another flaming target to me.....

BTW...this robin guy replies with "Quotes" just like some one else we know....name starts with ....."T"....??

Could be the same wonderful abrasive guy we've all come to love around here...

Black4

TX-WarHawk
11-25-2004, 06:53 AM
And there goes another completely full fishing net.

WOLFMondo
11-25-2004, 06:58 AM
I thought we went over this, Robin Hood flies a Spitfire, a nice green and grey one with little roundels. Your clearly an imposter, maybe your Kevin Costners Robin Hood? He might fly a Mustang.

Sir.Robin-1337
11-25-2004, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> TW...this robin guy replies with "Quotes" just like some one else we know....name starts with ....."T"....?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are way off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And there goes another completely full fishing net. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fish market is open tommorow. Gonna make me a killing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I thought we went over this, Robin Hood flies a Spitfire <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lies, lies and more lies.

SkyChimp
11-25-2004, 08:38 AM
God made the Mustang with his own hands from the finest silver heaven had to offer.

WOLFMondo
11-25-2004, 08:50 AM
Bah! Its nothing without that finely crafted British engine.

Robin, you bring a new level to the art of trolling...comedy troll.

Holycannoli
11-25-2004, 09:05 AM
There's not a whole lot of arguing going on here, so his baiting attempt has failed. People are simply answering his question for the most part.

NorrisMcWhirter
11-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Hi,

HMS Hood doesn't fly a Spit - he's more of a Yak 3 experten.

Cheers,
Norris

MEGILE
11-25-2004, 09:48 AM
hehe Robin, you dumass. Good server though.

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
11-25-2004, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
- Spitfire IX
- P-47
- P-38
- FW190A
- FW190D-9
- Ta-152H
- Ki-84
- La-7
- Yak-9U
- P-63C

Each of these are in the realm of Mustang like performance. Not in every respect...some are better than others and some have large advantages in one area and large disadvantages in others. Depends on situation but most importantly...the pilot.

So no...go, be happy. Fly the plane you love. Regardless of its performance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm well, i don't know what the P38 can do better in Air2Air Combat than a P51, can u please give me a hint?

I think that the P-51 looking at the western Front is Probably the best mix of TnB and BnZ plane.

and for your list i'd exchange the P38 with a K4 and delete the FW190A, it is for sure no match for an P-51, both pilots-skills and Energy-situation equal.

and no discussion about the last point please.

Chuck_Older
11-25-2004, 09:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/Chuck_Older/eng2.jpg

Since this conversation had a script courtesy of Sirrah Robin, here's something that has as much relevance to the question:

My car's engine

Sir.Robin-1337
11-25-2004, 10:04 AM
In anticipation of Chuckie's arrival I prepared a gift for him... here is his portrait.

http://www.penpals.la/upload/bride%20of%20chucky.jpg1075990461.jpg

Chuck_Older
11-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Everyone knows that I don't look that good and I am also much shorter http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

TX-Bomblast
11-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Hey Chuck.....is that a Buick engine from the 60's??

FatBoyHK
11-25-2004, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JaBo_HH-BlackSheep:

hmm well, i don't know what the P38 can do better in Air2Air Combat than a P51, can u please give me a hint?

I think that the P-51 looking at the western Front is Probably the best mix of TnB and BnZ plane.

and for your list i'd exchange the P38 with a K4 and delete the FW190A, it is for sure no match for an P-51, both pilots-skills and Energy-situation equal.

and no discussion about the last point please. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be open. P38 is a **** good plane, it just didn't get used to the weather and the high alt nature of the ETO... It is a much better climber than a stang, and if you play with the twin engine right you can turn and roll much like everything else, which is really not bad for a big fighter like P38... also it is a stable (no torque) and durable gun platform....

and 190A is good too, it is second to none with it roll rate, which is the very important imho... and look at its arsenal...

Not to say Mustang is bad, quite a contray indeed... as you said it is a good mix between TnB and BnZ.... but it is not the king of everything... I love Mustang too but I really hate people disregarding the quality of other plane, it make all fellow Mustang lovers look stupid...

Atomic_Marten
11-25-2004, 12:45 PM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you should feel guilty. The P51 is so ├╝berized in game that any1 that flies that plane can not count on respect of the other pilots that fly in 'normal' aircraft.

I mean the P51 is so fast and have outstanding turning ability at high speed -&gt; no aircraft (if we exclude jests) can match that.

To put it this way - if properly flown that aircraft is untouchable..http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oh yes, I forget to mention excellent armament, it is somewhat inferior to Jug's but other performances make up for this 'deficiency'.

Sir.Robin-1337
11-25-2004, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>To put it this way - if properly flown that aircraft is untouchable.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif This guy knows his Mustang.

Hawgdog
11-25-2004, 03:01 PM
They are hard to shoot down?
Man, I'm just going up against noobs then...dozens and dozens of noobs. Then after catching fire they say they were shot up, lag, their joystick is malfunctioning.....
Funny post. I thought the mustang was like a jug on a diet. Cute, but wont get you thru the winter

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
11-25-2004, 03:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FatBoyHK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JaBo_HH-BlackSheep:

Be open. P38 is a **** good plane, it just didn't get used to the weather and the high alt nature of the ETO... It is a much better climber than a stang, and if you play with the twin engine right you can turn and roll much like everything else, which is really not bad for a big fighter like P38... also it is a stable (no torque) and durable gun platform....

and 190A is good too, it is second to none with it roll rate, which is the very important imho... and look at its arsenal...

Not to say Mustang is bad, quite a contray indeed... as you said it is a good mix between TnB and BnZ.... but it is not the king of everything... I love Mustang too but I really hate people disregarding the quality of other plane, it make all fellow Mustang lovers look stupid... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry to say, but we talked about aircraft able to beat the P51.

the P38 for sure, can't.
and the FW190A can't.

i am not disregarding the P38 nor the Fw190A, they are just no match for a well flown P51.

Test was done in a FW190D-9 and a P51 with 100% fuel, fight started right after take-off.
we (sunburst and me) flew 3 runs, than switched the planes result was sill the same, the P51 owned the D9. Rollrate is nothing when you can not use it.

And no we are NO! FW190 n00bs we are dedicated to that plane.

VW-IceFire
11-25-2004, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FatBoyHK:

Not to say Mustang is bad, quite a contray indeed... as you said it is a good mix between TnB and BnZ.... but it is not the king of everything... I love Mustang too but I really hate people disregarding the quality of other plane, it make all fellow Mustang lovers look stupid... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the P38 for sure, can't.
and the FW190A can't.

i am not disregarding the P38 nor the Fw190A, they are just no match for a well flown P51.

Test was done in a FW190D-9 and a P51 with 100% fuel, fight started right after take-off.
we (sunburst and me) flew 3 runs, than switched the planes result was sill the same, the P51 owned the D9. Rollrate is nothing when you can not use it.

And no we are NO! FW190 n00bs we are dedicated to that plane. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You never really have an equal fight in air combat, so measuring 1 VS 1 in a equal fight is somewhat artificial to me.

If you look at the overall picture then there are points where the P-51 is not the best plane. P-38 (in RL) has no torque, two engine reliability, greater firepower, able to carry more bombs, more rockets, has nearly the same range, and its tougher. The FW190A has different advantages, starting with toughness of construction and robust engine, massively better firepower, and a much better roll rate. Jobs that the FW190 can accomplish, the P-51 simply cannot.

But that doesn't deny that the 51 is an excellent fighter, with good manuverability, decent firepower, best range in its class, and a compact and very smart design that gives it excellent speed to boot. Its an excellent plane, when well flown it does extremely well, but you don't always see them because they aren't the best of the dogfighters.

BTW: To the Spitfire supercooled comment...they aren't anymore.

LStarosta
11-25-2004, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
Hi,

HMS Hood doesn't fly a Spit - he's more of a Yak 3 _experten_.

Cheers,
Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try to brush up on your Deutsche Spreche, Norris.

Experte is singular. Experten is plural.

As long as we're all trolling, might as well jump on the band wagon.

Also, Icefire, I do not agree with you about the P38 being more reliable because it has two engines. In my experience, both FB and real life, the more engines you have, the larger the odds that something will go wrong. And when one engine goes out in a multi engine aircraft, then it no longer achieves its full potential due to the fact that it NEEDS all its engines to attain its maximum performance. In other words, in a combat situation, having a P38 with one engine is just as good as having a P51 with no engine.

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
11-25-2004, 03:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

the P38 for sure, can't.
and the FW190A can't.

You never really have an equal fight in air combat, so measuring 1 VS 1 in a equal fight is somewhat artificial to me.

If you look at the overall picture then there are points where the P-51 is _not the best plane_. P-38 (in RL) has no torque, two engine reliability, greater firepower, able to carry more bombs, more rockets, has nearly the same range, and its tougher. The FW190A has different advantages, starting with toughness of construction and robust engine, massively better firepower, and a much better roll rate. Jobs that the FW190 can accomplish, the P-51 simply cannot.

But that doesn't deny that the 51 is an excellent fighter, with good manuverability, decent firepower, best range in its class, and a compact and very smart design that gives it excellent speed to boot. Its an excellent plane, when well flown it does extremely well, but you don't always see them because they aren't the best of the dogfighters.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icefire i realy would like to fly against you on a closed 1 on 1 dogfight.

i'll take the P51 you'll take the A9/D9 we meet somewhere and see what's going to happen.
after that we simply switch planes, you take the P-51 i'll take an A9/D9 and we will see what's going to happen.
take a plane- take off - fly to some position - get tho your desired altitude (not even Co-E-State needed) spot the opponent and open the fight.

not verry difficult, should be able to do in say 30 minutes.

Problem is not what it would be / was in reality we are playing a game and i am talking about that Game, so let's compare it in the game.

the P38 is a nice plane for sure, i like it most of all Allied A/C. But it is not a competive fighter right now.
the FW190A is a nice fighter, fast, high RoR nice firepower but for sure no match for a P51
the D is different but still, the advantage would be on the side of the P51.

darkhorizon11
11-25-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't think theres an airplane I haven't shot down in the Mustang or pilot for that matter. And no I'm not pigheaded I fly all aircraft in this game but for some reason I'm an @sshole and an ubernoob (yes someone called me an ubernoob online once) because I shot him down in his blessed bf 109. Gimme a break.

I've flown against the Stang too where I'm about 50/50 in evenly matched dogfights depending upon the aircraft.

I don't see why all the Luftwhiners hate it... A true Luftwaffe aficinado would respect since the real Luftwaffe pilots respected it. To them it was both a welcome and unwelcomed challenge. It killed many Axis pilots yet a LW flyer that did down a Mustang felt all the more triumphant.
My message is the LW enthusiants and whiners alike is to release your grudge. The USAAC equally fought and respected Messerschmitts and Focke Wulfs as a formidible challenge.

I mean all the whiners hate the Mustang and the Thunderbolt so much for its supposed uber abilities yet maybe (with the exception of the .50 cals) the modeling is accurate. Maybe thats why the Mustang turned the tide of war and was a major player in the loss of the LW air superiority? Just maybe?

Give it a thought, and don't worry I haven't forgotten about the Lightening, Spitfire, and Thunderbolt. They made their marks in history also.

Nanuk66
11-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Mustangs 0wn meh even after the pilot has bailed out.

Also, Robin Hood's Fav ride was a horse i think, or Maid Marion...

NorrisMcWhirter
11-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi,

Uh oh..this is turning into a 'P51 won the war' debacle all over again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I don't hate the Mustang; I just don't fly it much because it's noisy and it gives me a migraine.

At the risk of ballsing this one up, too...."traurig" for the incorrect use of the German language; the last time I studied any German I was 14 and, as you can see, indifferent to it. I'm no better now except that I can order beer in Czech as well as saying "good day" (dobre den to our Czech friends).

I agree with Ice - 1 on 1s are just p*ssing contests and not representative of real air combat in general - much better to have a team event and this is where the individual abilities of aircraft tend to pale. And yes, the Spit does overheat now - sadly, a little too quickly.

Cheers,
norris

PS: Did the same guy design the P-51 as the P11c?

LStarosta
11-25-2004, 04:09 PM
No, Pulawski designed the Eleven, while Schmued designed the Pony.

I agree about the 1 on 1's. Real air battles were won before they started. The victor was the one who had the advantage and used it. The real key to air combat is to first make sure that you do gain the advantage, and second is to make sure that you use it. One 1 v 1 battle sure isn't enough to relatively gauge the capabilities of two pilots, or two airplanes. Nevertheless, a superior pilot will tend to prevail in a no advantage-no disadvantage scenario.

VMF-214_HaVoK
11-25-2004, 04:14 PM
You all have been hooked and thrown in the net. He is just fishing and trolling...have a look at his other threads. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

MEGILE
11-25-2004, 04:15 PM
I don't know if anyone else notcied this but, while the Spit IXe likes to heat up.. the MK VIII has a much better cooling system, or atleast it seems in game.
Can anyone else confirm that it takes much longer for the VIII to overheat than the IX?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 1 on 1s are just p*ssing contests and not representative of real air combat in general <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While many 1 vs. competitions nowadays are pissing contests.. I do disagree with this point

Team vs. Team fights show who has the best team tactics.
Whereas 1 vs. 1 simplify the equation, and make it, as close as possible to a fair fight, where a plane's abilities are put against anothers.

LStarosta
11-25-2004, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
You all have been hooked and thrown in the net. He is just fishing and trolling...have a look at his other threads. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We... or at least I, noticed that quite a while ago. The topic seems to have drifted off of its original fishing net course. Until, of course, Robin posts again to rekindle the troll-bonfire.

VW-IceFire
11-25-2004, 04:29 PM

the P38 for sure, can't.
and the FW190A can't.

If you look at the overall picture then there are points where the P-51 is _not the best plane_. P-38 (in RL) has no torque, two engine reliability, greater firepower, able to carry more bombs, more rockets, has nearly the same range, and its tougher. The FW190A has different advantages, starting with toughness of construction and robust engine, massively better firepower, and a much better roll rate. Jobs that the FW190 can accomplish, the P-51 simply cannot.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icefire i realy would like to fly against you on a closed 1 on 1 dogfight.

i'll take the P51 you'll take the A9/D9 we meet somewhere and see what's going to happen.
after that we simply switch planes, you take the P-51 i'll take an A9/D9 and we will see what's going to happen.
take a plane- take off - fly to some position - get tho your desired altitude (not even Co-E-State needed) spot the opponent and open the fight.

not verry difficult, should be able to do in say 30 minutes.

Problem is not what it would be / was in reality we are playing a game and i am talking about that Game, so let's compare it in the game.

the P38 is a nice plane for sure, i like it most of all Allied A/C. But it is not a competive fighter right now.
the FW190A is a nice fighter, fast, high RoR nice firepower but for sure no match for a P51
the D is different but still, the advantage would be on the side of the P51. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fair enough... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Certainly if I had more time around these days I would take it up. Although I'm somewhat certain that you'd prove the P-51 to be the better in such a setup and that'd probably be right. If I was able to beat you consistently in the FW190A then something would be wrong. I'm just saying that 1 VS 1 isn't neccessarily what defines a fighter in combat historically. But if using the game as the point of definition...then its certainly different. The only way to beat you, co-alt, co-energy, in a FW190A provided that we were both relatively good pilots is for you to go head to head with me. I could, if operational (historical) conditions were present, escape using superior roll rate and dive to a lower altitude and home. Probably under the protection of flak.

I'm tending to think in historical operational uses of these planes. So we're arguing on different areas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chuck_Older
11-25-2004, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TX-Bomblast:
Hey Chuck.....is that a Buick engine from the 60's?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.

It's a Buick engine from 1973. One way you can tell is right underneath the center of the far head. The three lumps forming a triangle identify the engine as having a "double scallop" Buick 455 block, from 1973 to 1976. 1970 to 1972 Buick 455s were "single scallop" blocks. Some changes were made to increase cooling and oiling effectiveness after '72, with some slight head design changes, but the heads and blocks interchange with the correct head gasket.

But you seem to know your Buick motors fairly well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif From that angle, it does kinda look like a 401 Nailhead

Chuck_Older
11-25-2004, 04:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
You all have been hooked and thrown in the net. He is just fishing and trolling...have a look at his other threads. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't lump me in the daily catch. I assume you didn't read the whole thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Sir.Robin-1337
11-25-2004, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Don't lump me in the daily catch. I assume you didn't read the whole thread <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By posting in this thread, you are in violation of international fishing laws.

Chuck_Older
11-25-2004, 04:49 PM
I hadn't realised. Shall I rip out your hook now?

Updeha
11-25-2004, 08:01 PM
feck.... is this thread still alive...

hasn't somebody hauled it into the landing net and smacked it over the head with a priest ?

Bonzo_Madrid
11-25-2004, 09:13 PM
I eat mustangs alive,I have chunks of mustangs in my stool!

Freefalldart
11-26-2004, 12:04 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

FatBoyHK
11-26-2004, 12:10 AM

the P38 for sure, can't.
and the FW190A can't.

sorry to say, sandbox test like this would prove nothing

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
11-26-2004, 01:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

jep you got my point.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
and most likely I won't do a Head2Head in a P51^^

oh and for the original Question:
no it's not unfair but way more satisfiing to fight FW's in a P-38 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
That's alsow one of the two reasons why i prefer the P-38 over all other allied A/C's.
1.) it looks cool
2.) it is somewhat of a "bad" - Fighter and this makes the fun when u manage to defend your self against an FW (109s are a bit more of a problem), manage to turn the defence to an offence and finaly bring the enemy's plane down http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kwiatos
11-26-2004, 04:01 AM
Sorry that i must to say these but P-51 is clearly overmoddeled in slow speed dogfight expecially turning and energy bleeding comparing it to BF 109 and Corsair. I made many test with my mates flying P-51 ( we are allied squadron) vs 109 and P-51 is equal or event better (bleed lees energy) than BF 109 ( not Bf 109 G-2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) in slow speed turnig (200-300km/h).

CTO88
11-26-2004, 05:35 AM
i agree with kwiatos.

MOhz
11-26-2004, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darkhorizon11:
I don't see why all the Luftwhiners hate it... A true Luftwaffe aficinado would respect since the real Luftwaffe pilots respected it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to have to dissapoint you, but the real respect of any Luftwaffe belonged to the Spit9 and greater and the Tempest! I think...

MOhz
11-26-2004, 06:01 AM
jep you got my point.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
and most likely I won't do a Head2Head in a P51^^

oh and for the original Question:
no it's not unfair but way more satisfiing to fight FW's in a P-38 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
That's alsow one of the two reasons why i prefer the P-38 over all other allied A/C's.
1.) it looks cool
2.) it is somewhat of a "bad" - Fighter and this makes the fun when u manage to defend your self against an FW (109s are a bit more of a problem), manage to turn the defence to an offence and finaly bring the enemy's plane down http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love fighting the P38 and being owned, even though most people do not fly it properly so no sweat!

NorrisMcWhirter
11-26-2004, 06:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 1 on 1s are just p*ssing contests and not representative of real air combat in general
While many 1 vs. competitions nowadays are pissing contests.. I do disagree with this point

Team vs. Team fights show who has the best team tactics.
Whereas 1 vs. 1 simplify the equation, and make it, as close as possible to a fair fight, where a plane's abilities are put against anothers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that almost exactly what I said reworded? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I agree with Ice - 1 on 1s are just p*ssing contests and not representative of real air combat in general - much better to have a team event and this is where the individual abilities of aircraft tend to pale.

As I said, real air combat meant you at least have a wingman if not a flight of 4+ aircraft.

So, it's not exactly fair to pit a 190A 1-on-1 with a P-51 when the 190(A) was best employed in groups.

Cheers,
Norris

Sir.Robin-1337
11-26-2004, 06:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sorry that i must to say these but P-51 is clearly overmoddeled in slow speed dogfight expecially turning and energy bleeding comparing it to BF 109 and Corsair. I made many test with my mates flying P-51 ( we are allied squadron) vs 109 and P-51 is equal or event better (bleed lees energy) than BF 109 ( not Bf 109 G-2 ) in slow speed turnig (200-300km/h). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totaly agree with the point you're making about the P-51's turning abilities.
At high and low speed it can out turn any and every opponent.

As for the over-moddeling point. YOu are preaching to the wrong guy mate. I don't have any interest in real life specifications.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So, it's not exactly fair to pit a 190A 1-on-1 with a P-51 when the 190(A) was best employed in groups. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a stupid point.
If a plane must be emplyed in groups, it is because alone, the plane is craph.
But this applies to planes which are brilliant in 1 vs. 1 encounters. When they are grouped together (P-51 squadron in a DF room) they own, just aswell as they do alone.

The difference is, some planes HAVE to be grouped, whereas others (read P-51) can go it alone with no trouble.

It is a lame excuse for flying the FW-190A and other inferior types, rather than the Mustang.

NorrisMcWhirter
11-26-2004, 06:21 AM
Hi,

PS: We (well, I say "we" but I certainly mean *I*) know Mr Robin is fishing and I was engaging him in a little batter..er...banter.

Robin: If true LW types feared the Mustang it could only really be because it was designed by an engineer from their country of origin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cheers,
Norris

Sir.Robin-1337
11-26-2004, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:

Robin: If true LW types feared the Mustang it could only really be because it was designed by an engineer from their country of origin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cheers,
Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

uhoh, this is going to turn into in some serious debate about the origins of the Mustang.
Get your own thread if you wish to discuss the rather boring intracasies of planes in WW2 and their manufacture.

Mustang owns in-game. Beginning. End. Thankyou.

NorrisMcWhirter
11-26-2004, 06:55 AM

Cheers,
Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

uhoh, this is going to being in some serious debating about the origins of the Mustang.
Get your own thread if you wish to discuss the rather boring intracasies of planes in WW2 and their manufacture.

Mustang owns in-game. Beginning. End. Thankyou. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to do your usual P-51 trick of bailing out at the first whiff of trouble, Robin.

Was one of Galland's top class BoB comments something along the lines of:

109 pilot: "There is a Spitfire on my tail - what do I do?"

silence over the radio...

109 pilot - more agitated : "Help! The Spitfire is still there...what do I do???"

Galland: "Bail out now you bedwetter!"

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cheers,
Norris

Sir.Robin-1337
11-26-2004, 07:00 AM

No need to do your usual P-51 trick of bailing out at the first whiff of trouble, Robin.

Was one of Galland's top class BoB comments _something along the lines of_:

109 pilot: "There is a Spitfire on my tail - what do I do?"

silence over the radio...

109 pilot - more agitated : "Help! The Spitfire is still there...what do I do???"

Galland: "Bail out now you bedwetter!"

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cheers,
Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get it? Maybe that's because I don't find information about the war particularly interesting.

S! anyways.

heh I just noticed your sig.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> '"Undocumented features"? What "undocumented features"?'
'AI steals online kills, crash landing if good landing but out of fuel, kill awarded for planes that land OK, gauges not working, FW190 view, P63 damage model, diabolical 151/20, ground control gives wrong vectors, weird collision modelling...'
'Yeah, but look on the bright side - at least the 0.50s are fixed!'
Moral: $$$ + whining = anything is possible <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a looser.
Even most FW-190 decent pilots, as inferior as their plane may be, get on with it and attempt to down Mustangs.
You just cry in the corner, and get your mommy to ask Oleg why he didn't make your ride as good as the Mustang.

Chuck_Older
11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
Sounds like you're getting peeved, Rob

NorrisMcWhirter
11-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Hi,

^

I was thinking the very same thing. Looks like the bailing out gag swung it.

My 'mommy' already told me that the Fw190 was, in fact, superior to the Mustang because it didn't look like a girls plane.

Talking of which, I bet you have a couple of bicycle stabilisers on yours to stop you tipping it over when your dad takes his hand off the seat and some of those coloured beads that go 'clickety-clack' on the spokes of your 'stang's wheels.

Cheers,
Norris

WOLFMondo
11-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Do you want to arm yourselves each with handbags before you really start a proper ***** fight? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
11-26-2004, 08:34 AM
hi,

^ hehe...he started it, mister.

Seriously, Sir Robin obviously wanted to engage in some fishing and banter so I thought I'd play along for a while. Enough is enough now - I can't be arsed with it as I've new direction; spending my time constantly refreshing the ORR page to get this latest patch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sad? Oh yes.

Cheers,
norris

PS: No hard feelings, Robin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

WOLFMondo
11-26-2004, 08:43 AM
lol Norris. You too as wellhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Personally I find Sir Robins form of fishing very funny, refreshing from the heated and often harsh debates that go on here. This place is often in need of a little humour.

NorrisMcWhirter
11-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Hi,

I agree totally, m8 - a few good natured wind-ups are always a laugh.

It's particularly funny when those come in to point out to those that already know he is fishing that he is...fishing!

Cheers,
Norris

Sir.Robin-1337
11-26-2004, 09:17 AM
I buy my bait at the local store. its called, "RBJ's all purpose".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sounds like you're getting peeved, Rob <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo chuckie, fly a decent plane mate, then we will talk.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My 'mommy' already told me that the Fw190 was, in fact, superior to the Mustang because it didn't look like a girls plane. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make some real obscure points there mate. You don't like the look of it?
heh it may not be the most pleasing to the eye.. but then I fly only full real, so I don't concern myself with how it looks.
All I want to know in a plane is, does it go weeeee at a fast rate, and can it kill.

The Mustang does both. None other is comparable.

JG77Von_Hess
11-26-2004, 09:57 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Naa Guys dont be too rough on Sir.Robin,
after all he just suffers from extremely short memory.

And his 200 reasons why to fly and fight in the mustang reflects things very well in this game.

Jolly good show show Sir.Robin Keep up the pressure!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Regards.

VH.

Chuck_Older
11-26-2004, 04:24 PM
I buy my bait at the local store. its called, "RBJ's all purpose".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sounds like you're getting peeved, Rob <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo chuckie, fly a decent plane mate, then we will talk.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Yo"? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

You don't know what you're talking about, but if you do a search under my name with the keywords "P-51" or "Mustang", you might learn.

Sir.Robin-1337
11-26-2004, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> after all he just suffers from extremely short memory. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did I forget? I forgot...

SkyChimp
11-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Sir Robin = Ray Ban Jockey.

Welcome back, RBJ.

jensenpark
11-26-2004, 07:21 PM
You know Chimp, just this one time I hope you are wrong.

JG77Von_Hess
11-26-2004, 07:33 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifWell who ever he is, he host some good high alt. Shoot outs, i can only recommend them as good server and tons of fun.

VH.

SkyChimp
11-26-2004, 07:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG77Von_Hess:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifWell who ever he is, he host some good high alt. Shoot outs, i can only recommend them as good server and tons of fun.

VH. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mustang trim works good on a slider?

When he writes:

"I buy my bait at the local store. its called, "RBJ's all purpose"."

Who else could it be?

Ankanor
11-26-2004, 08:00 PM
RBJ's advertising manager http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif . Be sure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

SkyChimp
11-26-2004, 11:35 PM
This guy...

http://img80.exs.cx/img80/696/avatar123.jpg

...needs a mono-brow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

heywooood
11-26-2004, 11:44 PM
methinks his hat doth cover it up, be surest.

ElAurens
11-27-2004, 01:20 AM
I said it earlier, It's RBJ, although it could also be Buzz. Very similar trolling styles.

But enough of this gay banter, I have P51s to kill...

NorrisMcWhirter
11-27-2004, 03:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SkyChimp:
This guy...

http://img80.exs.cx/img80/696/avatar123.jpg

...needs a mono-brow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you look closely, he has..the wind just blew it down to his top lip when he was bailing out of his P-51...again

Cheers,
Norris

Chuck_Older
11-27-2004, 07:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElAurens:
I said it earlier, It's RBJ, although it could also be Buzz. Very similar trolling styles.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, not Buzz, I think. Buzz is witty when he needs to be, Robin can't come up with a better comeback than "Yo"

Sir.Robin-1337
11-27-2004, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SkyChimp:
This guy...

...needs a mono-brow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankfully, I am not burdened with the mono-brow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Mustang trim works good on a slider? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the difference between me and RBJ. He was stupid enough to fly planes which required trim on a slider.
I myself fly the P-51, as previously mentioned, with Full authority digital FBW. It is so good, it can pull the wing off.

SkyChimp
11-27-2004, 02:11 PM
This is the difference between me and RBJ. He was stupid enough to fly planes which required trim on a slider.
I myself fly the P-51, as previously mentioned, with Full authority digital FBW. It is so good, it can pull the wing off. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Hadn't thought of it like that. I suppose you are right. The Mustang doesn't need trim on a slider. But any plane that faces it does. Just like in real life.

GR142-Pipper
11-27-2004, 02:40 PM
You never really have an equal fight in air combat, so measuring 1 VS 1 in a equal fight is somewhat artificial to me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It may be artificial based on a small number of engagements. However, over time, trends develop that are more meaningful in making an assessment.

GR142-Pipper