PDA

View Full Version : @ Camera Angles in AC2 / Brotherhood

Kitmuri
04-18-2011, 09:42 PM
So I completely despise playing Brotherhood and AC2.

I fell in love with Assassin's Creed 1... And waited and waited for 2 and Brotherhood... But after playing through them I found myself wanting to throw my monitor at the wall and take a hammer to the motherboard of my PC.

The camera angles make it impossible to play on a keyboard, you must use analog... And I play PC for the simple fact I HATE CONSOLE CONTROLLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm writing this in frustration of being (SPOILER ALERT) in the temple of juno as Desmond near end of game, trying to jump to one of the lanterns and the CAMERA SWITCHES TO THIS IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE ANGLE. And I spent 30 minutes trying A + Jump, S + Jump, D + Jump, A+S+Jump, and S+D+Jump.... Nothing works...

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER UBISOFT GAME DUE TO THE PURE LACK OF TESTING IN THIS! Everyone of my friends, and Xfire Groups I ask says they cant stand it, and bought Brotherhood thinking that this gross mistake implemented in AC2 would have been fixed.

So now I leave it to the voters on Ubisoft Forums....

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or post in all CAPS.</span>

Kitmuri
04-18-2011, 09:42 PM
So I completely despise playing Brotherhood and AC2.

I fell in love with Assassin's Creed 1... And waited and waited for 2 and Brotherhood... But after playing through them I found myself wanting to throw my monitor at the wall and take a hammer to the motherboard of my PC.

The camera angles make it impossible to play on a keyboard, you must use analog... And I play PC for the simple fact I HATE CONSOLE CONTROLLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm writing this in frustration of being (SPOILER ALERT) in the temple of juno as Desmond near end of game, trying to jump to one of the lanterns and the CAMERA SWITCHES TO THIS IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE ANGLE. And I spent 30 minutes trying A + Jump, S + Jump, D + Jump, A+S+Jump, and S+D+Jump.... Nothing works...

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER UBISOFT GAME DUE TO THE PURE LACK OF TESTING IN THIS! Everyone of my friends, and Xfire Groups I ask says they cant stand it, and bought Brotherhood thinking that this gross mistake implemented in AC2 would have been fixed.

So now I leave it to the voters on Ubisoft Forums....

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or post in all CAPS.</span>

DarthDeva
04-18-2011, 10:06 PM
I was kinda off too each time the camera changes to an abrupt angle where you see nothing useful and can't move to see what's around.
It was really hard to do it on the keyboard.
So I got a controller from a friend, which I use just for this game.
Though I absolutely don't like these insane camera angles in the secret locations, I believe they were done on purpose and to challenge players.
I wouldn't want to miss on the AC series, even if they implement this awful camera system in future games. The story is too interesting to miss any of it

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Kitmuri
04-19-2011, 01:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darthdeva:
I was kinda off too each time the camera changes to an abrupt angle where you see nothing useful and can't move to see what's around.
Though I absolutely don't like these insane camera angles in the secret locations, I believe they were done on purpose and to challenge players.
I wouldn't want to miss on the AC series, even if they implement this awful camera system in future games. The story is too interesting to miss any of it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The cameras were put there to point u in the direction u need to go (ie: show you, the gap you need to jump, and the ledge your going to) but the angle is bad.. and makes keyboard hard to control....

Also they ruined the game, the story is good, but theres SO LITTLE ACTION IN ACB.... Ezio is more like the guy in town everyone knows...not an ASSASSIN! look at jason bourne... no one knows him, the few that do either die, or....well die..lol

He doesn't play popularity contests with an entire city......

The action in ACB is dumb, ... run into group of guards.. call assassins, walk away... While i think the idea is cool, it removes the need to play the game, just run around pressing T.

DarthDeva
04-19-2011, 02:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kitmuri:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darthdeva:
I wouldn't want to miss on the AC series, even if they implement this awful camera system in future games. The story is too interesting to miss any of it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The cameras were put there to point u in the direction u need to go (ie: show you, the gap you need to jump, and the ledge your going to) but the angle is bad.. and makes keyboard hard to control....

Also they ruined the game, the story is good, but theres SO LITTLE ACTION IN ACB.... Ezio is more like the guy in town everyone knows...not an ASSASSIN! look at jason bourne... no one knows him, the few that do either die, or....well die..lol

He doesn't play popularity contests with an entire city......

The action in ACB is dumb, ... run into group of guards.. call assassins, walk away... While i think the idea is cool, it removes the need to play the game, just run around pressing T. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree. ACB's real story is only 1/8 of the total game, maybe even less.
And Ezio is just a super powered being with the ability to call assassins.
And since AC2 I've been feeling like Ezio is James Bond, everyone knows about him, but somehow, they don't see him, lol.
I remember in AC1, Altair couldn't move around easily in front of guards. In AC2, the guards reacted when you were sprinting at least. In ACB, they don't even budge, only the rooftop patrol sees you. Guards on the ground don't even enquire about you, except when you're at full notoriety.
Anyways, hope that AC3 will have a better story to keep us awake :P

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

tangoscash
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Love the game! great story, rich with content but.....
i agree %100 the fixed camera angles is another case of Ubisoft thinking frustrating gameplay = challenging, well it doesnt have to be that way.

i would also add that there are camera angle problems in combat when there are instances your view gets blocked by trees or foliage leaving you completely blind to attackers. ubisoft should have coded the game so to allow for the players view to clip threw the trees, foliage, obstacle etc and make the view slightly zoom briefly during these instances in combat to minimize this annoyance. better testing/programming to avoid these kinds of frustrating gameplay pitfalls the AC series gets stuck with time and again.

AxelFoley1
05-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Yup I agree with you entirely .... on the scene where you have to chase the cardinal up onto the roof .... you get to the
section where you jump on the swinging lantern ... a few hops and you jump onto a hanging wooden platform. The camera angle
locks. You need to walk to the end of the platform and perform a jump to grab the wall. Problem is that jump is at 45 degrees to the platform.

On a PC Keyboard you need to hit forward, Right and jump at the same time ...... can not be done on a PC Keyboard.

In fact if you are on a PC using a keyboard you simply can not complete the game because of that one section.

What complete was responsible for testing this console port ?

Because of that useless I now have to go out and buy a stupid controller just to finish the game!

Shame because of that one idiot ..... a very good game has been ruined !

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please.</span>

chaparral53
05-06-2011, 11:34 AM
When you get to the spots with a weird angle for a jump press the button to center the camera view press w and jump.

Black_Widow9
05-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Since all of you cannot post constructively or watch your Language I'm closing this. Please post your Feedback constructively here-
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Game and DLC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3131006519)
Thanks