PDA

View Full Version : Why don't the devs engage us in the forums?

TeAcH
04-10-2005, 11:37 AM
I have yet to see a DEV actually chime in any discussion. Maybe I missed them all.

I want them to work on patching it too but jumping in from time to time and letting us know they are around would be really nice.

TeAcH
04-10-2005, 11:37 AM
I have yet to see a DEV actually chime in any discussion. Maybe I missed them all.

I want them to work on patching it too but jumping in from time to time and letting us know they are around would be really nice.

Lassen
04-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Try the ask dev a question sticky thread.

Apart from that, the answer to your question I think is that if they spent time answering the same questions they get asked over and over and over again, they would have no time to code the game.

I'm confident they do see what's going on here though.

Johnny_JG2
04-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Yup, I totally agree.

On some other games I've played, the devs take an active part in many discussions. They explain why some things are the way they are, they acknowledge things that they are going to work on/fix.

It's nice when they do that. It puts people at ease when they know that someone is still taking care of the game.

Frederf220
04-10-2005, 12:21 PM
A lot of game designers have a "Minister of the Forums" so to speak. Who's job is usually to relate between the community and the game designers. Often that same person runs the official website.