PDA

View Full Version : How do you play this game

Bouboubomber
03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
So, new to console but experienced PC gamer. WTF!!!!
I try to grab someone to kill him, he grabs a body, drops a weapon, sheats his weapon does everything but kill. The big guy with the axe comes, the tip says to kick him but i kick nothing happens, the kick option disappears. I succedd ij kicking and kil him the other one comes, i kick but can not kill, is there a way to lock the controls so the character actually does what i want??

magesupermaster
03-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Ummm...There is an in-game manual and an actual manual inside the game box.

Bouboubomber
03-20-2011, 03:37 PM
there is actually NO manual inside the box. Should I ask for a refund?

magesupermaster
03-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Is it new or used?

And no, you don't need to ask for a refund...

Bouboubomber
03-20-2011, 03:49 PM
WOW this is real garbage, i am at "defending the ramparts" like what 10 % of the game no more.
Repeat 25 times.
If at least there was a save option.
I want a refund

Evan52395
03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
If you go back to the store you may as well ask for a manual instead of a refund...

magesupermaster
03-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Bouboubomber:
WOW this is real garbage, i am at "defending the ramparts" like what 10 % of the game no more.
Repeat 25 times.
If at least there was a save option.
I want a refund

TBH, I didn't understand half of your post.

The game auto-saves your progress every 5 seconds.

You shouldn't blame the game for your incompetence.

Bouboubomber
03-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:

You shouldn't blame the game for your incompetence. really, then why do i restart 3 minutes before if the ghames saves every 5 seconds, the game is new , no manual in the box,
The question is how do I control the character without having the action buttons change on me.
That and when i press the "attack" or "kick" button i want the character to "attack or "kick" not just stand there and do nothing

magesupermaster
03-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Bouboubomber:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:

You shouldn't blame the game for your incompetence. really, then why do i restart 3 minutes before if the ghames saves every 5 seconds, the game is new , no manual in the box,
The question is how do I control the character without having the action buttons change on me.
That and when i press the "attack" or "kick" button i want the character to "attack or "kick" not just stand there and do nothing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1)I said that the game 'saves every 5 seconds' to imply that the game saves very frequently.
There are checkpoints in missions, but you'll first have to get to them.

2)Are you referring to 'High Profile' actions and 'Low Profile' actions?

3)As I said before, there is an in-game manual.

Bouboubomber
03-20-2011, 04:54 PM
That and when i press the "attack" or "kick" button i want the character to "attack or "kick" not just stand there and do nothing

MarleyMon81
03-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I think what the other poster was saying is that you may be hitting the corresponding High Profile button that triggers a change in what your button commands do from the usual Low Profile.

The game no longer comes with a hard copy packaged manual. The instructions are in-game and can be found under the Database menu on the pause screen.

Ass4ssin8me
03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
It does come with a manual. Just not a big one. Anyway, you are going into High Profile, Low profile. The controls change depending on the state you are in.

To solve this issue : 1. Learn to explain things, and don't type in an angry jumble of letters

2. Read the manual
3. If all else fails, return the game and go back to CoD.

ThaWhistle
03-20-2011, 11:10 PM
this thread is full of problem explanation fail and help fail.

Abeonis
03-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
this thread is full of problem explanation fail and help fail.

There's no "help fail" in this thread whatsoever... there's only so many times, and so many ways, one can say "check the game manual". Also, I suspect the OP just blundered his way through the perfectly adequate tutorial stage of the game without actually paying attention to what he was doing; if he had, he would know the controls.

AntiChrist7
03-21-2011, 08:08 AM
there is a manual, with the controls. read it, grow a pair and stop whining. If you can't play it by then, you just suck. Or buy a gamepad

YeOldeSierra
03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
The in-game manual should explain everything you really need to know. I don't honestly see how there is anything confusing with checking the manual that comes packaged on the game disc. It isn't a physical manual, though the game does still come with one. It's a very brief manual included in the box, and does not outline anything more than the control schemes. It's not the best way of getting help with the game - as everyone else, and myself, have said, the best way to do that is to read the in-game manual.

There's also a tutorial stage during the opening of the game. If you're still having trouble playing, restart and follow the tutorial as closely as possible. It really does cover most of the stuff you need to know in order to enjoy the experience. You'll learn new things to do in the game as you progress, and the whole transition from a new player to an experienced player does not take long to do.

It sounds like your problem at the moment with the context buttons comes from the fact you are entering 'High Profile' mode. In this mode, you can attack and do other actions that will draw attention from both the public and guards, such as using the 'Shove' command. Assuming you are playing on the Xbox 360 console, the High Profile button is the Right Trigger. I am not sure what the button is on the Playstation 3 version - it is almost definitely R1 or R2 though, to remain similar to the 360's controller scheme.

Low Profile mode, on the other hand, allows you to move without drawing attention to yourself. Movements available in Low Profile include the 'Fast Walk' and 'Gentle Push', allowing you to move through crowds and city streets more rapidly than the slower walk and simply moving between the crowded people.

In order to properly fight, you need to lock onto an opponent, otherwise the combat system in the game will be extremely difficult to come to terms with. In order to lock onto a target, press the Left Trigger on the Xbox 360 controller. Ezio will move into a more combat-ready stance, and a white outline of the targeted enemy will become present. Pressing 'X' on the Xbox 360 controller will allow you to perform a melee attack, and holding Right Trigger when in combat will allow you to block. Do not rely on the block though, as it does not deflect all attacks. The larger guards, with the heavy weaponry such as the Bearded Axes, can still knock you to the ground when you are blocking against attacks due to the sheer power of their weapons.

If you need further help and advice with playing the game, look in the pause menu for an option marked 'Virtual Training'. This mode will allow you to hone and perfect your skills in the game, as well as allowing you to actually learn new skills. I hope this post helps you enjoy Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood more!

itsamea-mario
03-21-2011, 11:30 AM
It sounds to me like your not actually targeting the enemies, in which case as ^ said, depending on what sytem press L1 or LT.

Also have you tried this little thing like trying different things, trying all the buttons in sequence, reading the little tutorials the game gives you, looking up the controls online, not being a whiny little b***h, asking nicely for help, actually trying to look for controls in the options menu?

Some of these may help you.