PDA

View Full Version : Won first online fight in 4.03, 190a5 over Tempest....

Jumoschwanz
02-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Quite a long fight against a good pilot too. The fw190 is the best it has ever been.

Jumoschwanz

biggs222
02-09-2006, 03:12 PM
i did a bunch of QMB against the A5 with the higher boost... and damn its a best... a FREAKING TANK... it takes no less then 5-6 cannon hits before falling from teh sky. even after that the wings are usually still attached.. they really toughened up that bird... too much?

faustnik
02-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by biggs222:
i did a bunch of QMB against the A5 with the higher boost... and damn its a best... a FREAKING TANK... it takes no less then 5-6 cannon hits before falling from teh sky. even after that the wings are usually still attached.. they really toughened up that bird... too much?

Track?

rugame
02-09-2006, 03:23 PM
No plane could ever be tough enough to survive being piloted by me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Pig Iron for All !

alert_1
02-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Boosted Fw190A5 has now better acceleration but still a few hits with 7.7mm and "aileron controls destroyed (BOTH)" and Fw190 without ailerons not too much joy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

faustnik
02-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by alert_1:
Boosted Fw190A5 has now better acceleration but still a few hits with 7.7mm and "aileron controls destroyed (BOTH)" and Fw190 without ailerons not too much joy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Well, won't most planes loose control with a few 7.7mm hits to the control area?

Jaws2002
02-09-2006, 03:57 PM
I noticed the new A5 can't mentain 1.65 ATA unless is flying in a straight line. If you turn it drops to 1.3-1.4.

danjama
02-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
Quite a long fight against a good pilot too. The fw190 is the best it has ever been.

Jumoschwanz

i watched you two go at it, was too low for my liking but good fight

OldMan____
02-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Well.. tempests till now have been great targets.

First 2 I faced I was in A9.. and they defeated me. Then I tough.. damm things.. they look like FWs. So I will be a spitfie.. and I went again in a 109G6 (no MW50 one).. and LOOL.. I git 3 of them and 1 mossie within one sortie.

Later I managed to shot several of them witha FW A6 in Spit vs 109 and warclouds. They are damm easy targets if compared to new Spit .. why?

because their pilots seems to think they can instant outrun anything. So they go flat at any sign of danger... I simply shoot them from 500 or more meters...

Also a few pilots seems to think they are giant Spitfires, and try to use them as so... don´t need to say they get toasted by trying to tangle at <300 kph.

It will take a few weeks before Tempest starts to be used mroe as it should.

OldMan____
02-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by faustnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alert_1:

Well, won't most planes loose control with a few 7.7mm hits to the control area? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lool the problem is that FW seems to loose aileron if ANY control area is hit :P

Jumoschwanz
02-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Well the second sortie the Tempest got me, one quick hit from it's cannons and the 190 was toast, but then what wouldn't be? When flying against any plane with Hispanos you cannot afford to let them hit you even once, which is always quite a trick to pull off, especially in a furball, or when it is you vs. more than one opponent.

I set up QMB and flew a late Mustang against four fw190a-9 and I shot them all down, the fifties were very deadly and the Mustang flew fine and dandy.

I flew the a5 in the QMB against four spits and got beat up a bit before I got them all. The 190 was not a paper bag, but it was damaged easily enough. It is early, we will fly the 190 online a few months and find out what is what, but at least now it will be able to get out of some of the trouble it finds?

Jumoschwanz