PDA

View Full Version : trk files in 4.01

csvousden
06-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Has anyone else noticed that .trk files do not play, but .ntrk files are fine in the newest version. Is there a way to get them to play?

Macel
06-23-2005, 09:54 AM
.trk files don't carry over from version to version, but .ntrk can be played in any version. If you want to convert a .trk file to .ntrk you'll have to reload IL2 and patch it to the version the .trk can be played in, play the .trk and set a hotkey to "quick record" or whatever (its in the key mapping somewhere).. hit that key while yer playing the .trk and it'll record it as an .ntrk

WB_Outlaw
06-23-2005, 05:34 PM
I know that saving tracks (.trk) of missions flown in the quick mission builder will fail. QMB missions recorded in (.ntrk) format are OK. I believe that only the QMB .trk files are screwed up and normal missions will record OK, however, I haven't tried it yet.

-Outlaw.

jarink
06-23-2005, 07:56 PM
The reason trk files don't work but ntrks do.

An ntrk logs all a/c data as the track is recorded (not sure how many times a second). This includes coordinates, altitude, speed, attitude, etc.

A trk file only records this information for the start point and thereafter records control inputs (stick, rudder, throttle, etc.) Since there are often changes to the FM (and DM) between patches, these will not play back correctly unless played back in the version recorded under.

WB_Outlaw
06-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Tracks (.trk) recorded in the 4.01 QMB will not play back correctly in 4.01. Not a very big deal but it was pretty disappointing when I missed a good P-40 vs Ki-43 engagement.

-Outlaw.