PDA

View Full Version : Mute

Lethalla
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I use Mute a lot (thanks Rainie) but I notice that maybe a third of the time I still get killed even if the pursuer's in range.

So, is it that Mute just prevents the use of Abilities, or does it actually render the pursuer momentarily helpless?
As I understand it, Muting will only affect Abilities (I'm sure it says so in Profile setting), meaning if I'm the pursuer and my target Mutes me I can't drop a Smoke Bomb or use Poison = but I can still kill the target.

From what I've seen/heard on vids posted on YouTube though, people seem to think it should render the pursuer (or target, if you're using it on them) helpless, allowing an easy stun (or kill).

Or is it that I'm not hitting Mute in time - akin to dropping a Smoke Bomb when the pursuer's too close?

StarScream391
01-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Mute affects everything meaning no killing,stunning and abilities except movement, you just have to time it right for the effects to work properly.

Lethalla
01-23-2011, 10:22 PM
hmmm... I'll have to try it out on you...
XD

well, time to go kick your butt. Either that or you'll kick mine!

E-Zekiel
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Mute is probably the worst lag-prone ability there is. That is what you are experiencing. I get it a lot too.

GYOUBU_MASATAKA
01-23-2011, 11:02 PM
After watching squids videos I started using mute quite a bit and i have realized that it is FAR more useful than i ever thought. At first i was having problems with it like the OP but after getting used to the timing needed to use it most accidents like that have stopped happening(unless, of course, lag rears its ugly head)

obliviondoll
01-24-2011, 12:29 AM
I've tried Mute a few times, and always been terrible with it, so I'm sticking to other abilities.

I like that every player finds different combinations of abilities useful.

I get laughed at when I tell other players I'm going into Manhunt with Poison and Firecrackers, until they see HOW I use those abilities.

Lethalla
01-24-2011, 05:41 AM
Lol, at least I'm not the only one who finds it difficult to use.
*hugs*

Rainie
01-24-2011, 07:26 AM
I used to have the hardest time using mute and got frustrated with it so I never used it and stuck with smoke and poison. It wasn't until someone here on the boards said that it was a good replacement for smoke and that's why he used it instead. So I tried using mute again and I started getting used to it, but it is a very tricky skill to use. If you're finding you keep getting killed through mute (just like with smoke) try using it a half second sooner and see if that gives you more success. Never use either ability when your pursuer is almost close enough for an assassination, once they're that close you only have like a 20% chance of survival

Steelbadger
01-24-2011, 07:38 AM
The important things to remember with Mute are:

1) It has a LOT larger range than smokebomb. If you use it at the kind of ranges you use smokebomb you'll probably die. Use it early.

2) It's a more aggressive move than smokebomb. Move towards you pursuer then mute them, if they're running at you they'll probably ignore the mute completely. Don't give them the chance, go for them early.

SniffyPenguin
01-24-2011, 08:39 AM
A pursuer cannot kill you, or use any abilities against you whilst Mute is active. However, Mute is only active for a very short period of time.

If you''re getting killed after using Mute, you're doing it too late. Depending on how fast your pursuer is moving towards you will depend on how early you Mute.

Being stunned whilst Muted can be dodged by climbing a wall or dropping off a ledge.