PDA

View Full Version : Historical Error!

Tyzer193
12-04-2011, 12:17 PM
First off... I'm not complaining, I love the game... But some will remember the trailer that plays at the start of ac1, where Altair uses a crossbow etc. then when people asked why we couldn't use it in ac1 ubi said that they realised after that it wasn't invented till afterwards. Soooo, why is it that in Altair mission 1 in revelations where you have to save al mualim from the crusader, set BEFORE ac1, that the crusader can use a crossbow to kill assassins, as do some other guards in that memory, years before it was invented, thought you might want to know! Discuss.

Animuses
12-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Wrong. It wasn't an historical inaccuracy. We don't actually know why they removed the crossbow.

Tyzer193
12-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Not being rude, but you obviously didn't see the interview where they stated that they only realised it wasn't invented till after they made the trailer.

SpitfireSpud
12-04-2011, 12:27 PM
hand held crossbows have been around since the 5th century or so... maybe earlier...

The first Assassins is at a time of the First Crusade which was 1100 or 1400 (I am rubbish at history sorry, lol)

So they could have them back then even if not everyone was using them... I thought they removed the crossbow on purpose for whatever reason they had... I don't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Unless someone can enlighten me on why they did remove it...

Dagio12
12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
I read somewhere that they had originally said that they thought the crossbow wasn't invented yet, so they never included it into AC1 after the trailer. However, they realized they were wrong and the crossbow was infact around way before the time period of AC1, however, the developers did not have time to fully implement it back into the game. So it never made it into AC1..

Tyzer193
12-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Perhaps they were in limited availability in the 1100s or something, what they said in the interview must have been on the lines of that, but not quite to the point of not being invented, it's been a while since I watched it.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Tyzer193:
Not being rude, but you obviously didn't see the interview where they stated that they only realised it wasn't invented till after they made the trailer.
Then they were wrong then, not in ACR.

itsamea-mario
12-04-2011, 01:00 PM
:O shock horror!
This is crime that human punishment cannot recompense!!
We must protest!
OCCUPY UBISOFT!!!

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n542/Britsky93/5a755b61.jpg
Damn it!

InfectedNation
12-04-2011, 03:00 PM
I was under the impression that they removed the crossbow because the Hashashin of that time did not use them, they favoured throwing knives - which were also easier to implement into the game.

Doesn't mean the Crusader Knights didn't use them.

Krayus Korianis
12-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Here I thought that they had removed the crossbow for game play mechanic reasons... I.E. They couldn't get it to work right at that time.

thekarlone
12-04-2011, 04:23 PM
As I know Ubi wanted to include the crossbow in AC1 but they couldn't for technical reasons. I heard this in a video of Brotherhood.

DavisP92
12-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Tyzer193:
First off... I'm not complaining, I love the game... But some will remember the trailer that plays at the start of ac1, where Altair uses a crossbow etc. then when people asked why we couldn't use it in ac1 ubi said that they realised after that it wasn't invented till afterwards. Soooo, why is it that in Altair mission 1 in revelations where you have to save al mualim from the crusader, set BEFORE ac1, that the crusader can use a crossbow to kill assassins, as do some other guards in that memory, years before it was invented, thought you might want to know! Discuss.

Wasn't it removed because the Hassassins only used blades. They didn't use bow and arrows or crossbows or anything like that.

kriegerdesgottes
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
They found crossbows around the tomb of qin shi huangdi who lived two thousand years before Altair would have so to say that Crossbows hadn't been invented yet is absurd. I also heard that it was removed for technical reasons.

DavisP92
12-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
They found crossbows around the tomb of qin shi huangdi who lived two thousand years before Altair would have so to say that Crossbows hadn't been invented yet is absurd. I also heard that it was removed for technical reasons.

I remember reading info on the Hassassins and i'm pretty sure it's cuz they were all about the blades