PDA

View Full Version : Landing pattern crashing in autopilot

Whale_Bone
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Hi, I've been playing PF for some time now and never had this problem. I recently switched to FB+AEP+PF and now there is a problem: In career missions after the mission is over, in autopilot 2 or 3 planes will try to land on the same carrier at the same time, resulting in several crashes on the deck. Is there a fix for this? Here is the order i installed FB+AEP+PF:
First installed FB, did not install patches
2nd installed AEP did not install patches
3rd installed PF over FB+AEP and then installed 303m and 304m patches
Did i do something wrong?
If needed I can record the mission.
Thanks,
Whale_Bone

Whale_Bone
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Hi, I've been playing PF for some time now and never had this problem. I recently switched to FB+AEP+PF and now there is a problem: In career missions after the mission is over, in autopilot 2 or 3 planes will try to land on the same carrier at the same time, resulting in several crashes on the deck. Is there a fix for this? Here is the order i installed FB+AEP+PF:
First installed FB, did not install patches
2nd installed AEP did not install patches
3rd installed PF over FB+AEP and then installed 303m and 304m patches
Did i do something wrong?
If needed I can record the mission.
Thanks,
Whale_Bone

mortoma
03-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Your installation was properly done to a tee. So that was not the problem. I did the same install
the same way and I never have that happen. I fly a lot of offline campaigns and about 20% of them are carrier borne fighter campaigns. Never seen that happen. If one of the planes tries to land when another one has been given permission, the others go around. Wish I could think of a fix for it but I dunno.......Are you sure you didn't accidentally install a 3.03 or 3.04 instead of the 3.03m and 3.04m?? A non merged patch on a merged install would do weird stuff most likely.