PDA

View Full Version : P-40B Testing

Lipfert_5JG52
11-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Hola,

I was testing today and attempted to use the P-40B in a DCG NGen replacement mode.

The P-40's are flopping all over the runway when I try to take off. Could someone else take one for a spin and confirm this for me.

It's as hard as grabbin a squirrel by the bag.....

Lipfert_5JG52
11-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Hola,

I was testing today and attempted to use the P-40B in a DCG NGen replacement mode.

The P-40's are flopping all over the runway when I try to take off. Could someone else take one for a spin and confirm this for me.

It's as hard as grabbin a squirrel by the bag.....

TPN_Cephas
11-19-2004, 04:28 PM
This was a problem before the patch. To takeoff with out the wing wobble you need to lock the brakes, go to max power, release the brakes and get the tail up as quickly as possible. Unfortunately it does the same thing when you land and your speed drops below 60KMH.

It would be nice if this anomaly is fixed on both the B and C models.

Chuck_Older
11-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Yes, known bug.

Is this fixed in v. 3.01? I D/L'd last night and I just got home, still need to install

mortoma
11-19-2004, 08:08 PM
I have tried the P-40C in a Russian campaign ( had to hack it into a Dgen planesRUF.dat file ) and I found that after this patch, it seems much more stable on takeoff. Still a tiny bit of wobble but managable. But, and this is a big but, some planes had bad wobble before, such as the I-153 but only on some maps. I flew my P-40C off of the Leningrad map so it may still wobble on PF maps.

mortoma
11-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Bad news!! I just tried it in the Hawaii map and it still wobbles just like before. So now we know it's related to certain maps, like the original problem with the I-153, I-16 and the P-11C in old FB, which was never fixed. Apparently the Leningrad map has an immunity from this problem, no matter what the aircraft. I used to have to avoid flying campaigns with the I-153 in the Kuban maps since it's nearly impossible to take that plane off from there, but it was always ok with the Leningrad map. Another problem map was/is Balaton. So apparently now we have more maps where this problem occurs!! Just great...Oh well mostly a good patch otherwise.

mortoma
11-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Ok, I've now figured it out. What we really have is a bug with certain maps, not really a bug with the aircraft themselves. I tried the I-153 in the Leningrad ( Finland ) map and sure enough, just like always, it takes of as smoothly a silk. But try it or an early P-40, I-16 or P-11C in Kuban map and you have a bad case of the wobblies. Still, even in the Finland map the I-153 is harder than most planes to take off in, but not the wobbly POS it is when you attempt take off from the Kuban or Balaton maps. And now, seemingly, about all ( if not all ) of the new PF maps!! So think of this as a map bug, not a plane bug. I will try to take off these planes from every map in the sim now to determine which maps are the offenders and which ones are ok.