PDA

View Full Version : lag/stutter at cutscene/dialogue

Ottomaniac_54
04-08-2011, 08:07 AM
I see so much lag at cutscene and at some missions and at courtesan house hope this gonna be fixed at new patch. or any ideas why?

pc spec:
windows 7 64bit home premium
hd 5750 1gb
quad core 9300 at 2.5ghz
4gb ram

Ottomaniac_54
04-09-2011, 05:18 AM
nobody answer my question?

RasGhi
04-09-2011, 07:32 AM
We experience the same thing dude. We gotta wait for a fix.

Atham2011
04-17-2011, 01:25 PM
You ain't the only one.

@ RasGhi are they going to fix it? When? Should I reinstall the game?

PurpleHaze1980
04-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Join the club. Not a single cut scene in my game actually matches up to the dialogue at all and is very slow. I still managed to complete the game regardless but it was boring at times waiting for the scenes to catch up with what was being said.

Both the other games were like that for me, by the way. I think the worst of them was probably the first game, in which the scenes outside of the Animus with Vidic, Desmond and Lucy in the Animus room were so painfully slow that they'd take about ten minutes to finish each time.

freeze131
04-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Oh so this is a problem with a game? I thought it was my PC. Have you tried toning down the resolution, just in case?

lockerxzx
04-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Shadow settings is a huge matter in lagging if you don't play on a decent PC. Try lowering the shadow to 2 or something

Atham2011
04-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Shadow more like to 1.

Try installing this tool for your CPU i.e. the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer, if you don't have it on your PC.

I asked the same question yesterday and got this. Here is the link to theAMD Dual-Core Optimizer (http://support.amd.com/us/Page...f&ItemID=153&lang=us) .

Didn't try it out yet but you could give it a shot. I am installing it right now.

How it helps.

~Atham

KingDaniel0
04-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Atham2011:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Try installing this tool for your CPU i.e. the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer, if you don't have it on your PC.

I asked the same question yesterday and got this. Here is the link to theAMD Dual-Core Optimizer (http://support.amd.com/us/Page...f&ItemID=153&lang=us) .

Didn't try it out yet but you could give it a shot. I am installing it right now.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Atham,

That tool will only work on an AMD Dual-core CPU. It won't work for others if their CPU model is different.

You are having a Dual-core CPU, so that's why I told you to try it....... But it may or may not solve this problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atham2011
04-18-2011, 05:21 AM
I don't think it did. Any other methods you have up your sleeve?

AdnariM-
04-18-2011, 05:59 AM
The link had wrong specs for my computer, I'll say it:
i7 CPU 920@ 2.67Ghz (don't know what it means)
6Gb ram
Geforce GT130
Windows Vista Home Edition

That's my computer.

I'm running AC:B with:
1920x1080, 60HZ
Multi-sampling: Off
Vsync:Off
Environment Detail:3
Texture Detail:2
Character Detail:3
Shadow Detail:1
Reflection quality:Medium
Post-effects:Off

And it still stutters.

It also stuttered on AC2, but not with AC1.

It can't be the game, because my brother could play AC2 fine on his Toshiba i5 computer.

So, what the hell can be wrong?

Atham2011
04-18-2011, 06:10 AM
What is your PC ram?

Try lowering the resolution. I have a 4GB Ram and a 1920x1080 Display but it lags on its own. I lower the resolution mostly down to 1248x1080 or 1248x960.

Your settings should look like this:

less than 1920x1080, 60HZ - try lowering it as much as possible to see if there is a change in sound.
Multi-sampling: Off
Vsync: Off
Environment Detail:2
Texture Detail:2
Character Detail:2
Shadow Detail:1
Reflection quality:Medium
Post-effects:Off

Oh and do you play with the CD in the drive? Try to put the CD in. Might help to increase the workability.

Tell me if it worked.

AdnariM-
04-18-2011, 06:33 AM
My PC ram is 6GB.

I played with the CD on the drive for the first couple hours, still lagged.

I hate having a lower resolution because it widens the image and the detail is way worse.

I should be able to play it on maximum.

Atham2011
04-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by AdnariM-:
My PC ram is 6GB.

I played with the CD on the drive for the first couple hours, still lagged.

I hate having a lower resolution because it widens the image and the detail is way worse.

I should be able to play it on maximum.

Yeah it should. Tsk. Try updating your drivers. That's what I heard.

AdnariM-
04-18-2011, 08:28 AM
I did it yesterday.

I may try to use the new beta driver, but since it's beta it can also have bugs or something, don't know.

Ubisoft should read this forums and respond quickly, it shouldn't let their fans down.

Do you think updating to Windows 7 can help?

Ottomaniac_54
04-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I have contacted with ubisupport and what I got: is nothing.
guys I think we have to wait until new update.

Atham2011
04-18-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't think that updating to Wind7 will help. I have Wind7 and there is the lag.

New update should come soon then!

AdnariM-
04-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by ErselCeylan:
I have contacted with ubisupport and what I got: is nothing.
guys I think we have to wait until new update.

I agree with Atham.

It should come really soon.

I want to play the game but I want to play it perfecly, with no stutter at all.

I really hope they fix this.

Michaeljcox24
04-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Have you tried this:

Downloading Driver Sweeper from Guru3D and doing a driver clean, then installing the latest drivers? This improved my fps

Downloading Direct X End User Runtime from Microsoft and installing it? Even though it comes with the game I found installing these files helped greatly. Must have been missing some of them. This helped for me.

Atham2011
04-19-2011, 05:02 AM
@ above
What do you mean by driver clean?

KingDaniel0
04-19-2011, 05:17 AM

Yesterday I was telling another guy to try doing a Clean driver install/update. There is a link here for Driver Sweeper which I've given, under this Topic:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...519/m/6571089029/p/2 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/6571089029/p/2)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AdnariM-
04-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atham2011:

Yesterday I was telling another guy to try doing a Clean driver install/update. There is a link here for Driver Sweeper which I've given, under this Topic:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...519/m/6571089029/p/2 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/6571089029/p/2) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, how do I use this?
There's ATI - Display
Creative - Sound
Microsoft - Mouse
NVIDIA - Chipset
NVIDIA - Display
NVIDIA - PhysX
Realtek - Sound

Which one do I clean to update my card?

KingDaniel0
04-19-2011, 07:32 AM
So, how do I use this?
There's ATI - Display
Creative - Sound
Microsoft - Mouse
NVIDIA - Chipset
NVIDIA - Display
NVIDIA - PhysX
Realtek - Sound

Which one do I clean to update my card?

You need to obviously select the GPU which you are having. I checked your previous reply, and it looks you have the Geforce GT130 ? So you need to Select the Nvidia Display and the Nvidia PhysX option.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Michaeljcox24
04-19-2011, 08:56 AM
yeah and make sure you do it in safe mode

Atham2011
04-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Holy Cow, there is a safe mode?

@ KingDaniel Which ones do I need to check?

KingDaniel0
04-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Holy Cow, there is a safe mode?

@ KingDaniel Which ones do I need to check?

As you have the ATI Radeon HD 4200, then Tick only the ATI - Display Option.

I think, He talked about the Windows OS Safe Mode. To enter Windows 7 Safe Mode, turn on or restart your PC. Just before the Windows 7 splash screen appears, press the F8 key to enter the Advanced Boot Options.

You will now get 3 options like e.g. 'Safe Mode', 'Safe Mode with Networking', and 'Safe Mode with Command Prompt'. Go for the first, or the second option. Though entering Safe mode is not always necessary, for the above Driver cleaning process, but you can try it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

AdnariM-
04-19-2011, 10:50 AM
You need to obviously select the GPU which you are having. I checked your previous reply, and it looks you have the Geforce GT130 ? So you need to Select the Nvidia Display and the Nvidia PhysX option.

I selected NVIDIA chipset accidently, do I need to download a different driver(I can't find a separate chipset driver) or does it come all together with the other?

Michaeljcox24
04-19-2011, 11:19 AM
ok what worked for me:

Boot in safe mode.
Download latest drivers for your card from official website.
Run Driver Sweeper
Click NVidia drivers display (you will click ATI)
click analyse
click clean.
reboot back into safe mode.
Install newly downloaded drivers in safe mode.
Reboot PC
Try game.

Also you could try running latest direct x from

http://www.microsoft.com/downl...1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3)

AdnariM-
04-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Michaeljcox24:
ok what worked for me:

Boot in safe mode.
Download latest drivers for your card from official website.
Run Driver Sweeper
Click NVidia drivers display (you will click ATI)
click analyse
click clean.
reboot back into safe mode.
Install newly downloaded drivers in safe mode.
Reboot PC
Try game.

Also you could try running latest direct x from

http://www.microsoft.com/downl...1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3)

And you can play the game with quality without any stutter?

Michaeljcox24
04-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Yep, but up until I did the driver clean and direct x install I was having major stutter problems. I had convinced myself that my overclocked quad wasn't up to the task. Had reached the end of my teather.

AdnariM-
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Yep, but up until I did the driver clean and direct x install I was having major stutter problems. I had convinced myself that my overclocked quad wasn't up to the task. Had reached the end of my teather.

I've done everything you did except installing directx end user because it tells me I have a better directx, I reinstalled the game for the first time too. No results.

Also, can anyone help with this?
My weapon wheel isn't working, I open it up with the right mouse button, mouse over the weapon I want and remove my finger from the button and the weapon didn't change.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind the weapon wheel stuff, I changed the control to another button and it works fine.

Michaeljcox24
04-19-2011, 02:22 PM
You mention mouse mate....

I read mouse is jittery on other sites, have you tried game pad?

AdnariM-
04-19-2011, 02:32 PM
You mention mouse mate....

I read mouse is jittery on other sites, have you tried game pad?

I don't have any and I'd rather play with keyboard and mouse, already used to it :P

And that is fixed.

I think the only solution for the stutter is for ubisoft to release a new update :S

Michaeljcox24
04-19-2011, 02:44 PM
the only thing I can suggest is overclocking your cpu. I run at 4Ghz, and people have told me this game is hugely cpu intensive.

AdnariM-
04-19-2011, 02:49 PM
the only thing I can suggest is overclocking your cpu. I run at 4Ghz, and people have told me this game is hugely cpu intensive.

I don't know how to do that xD
Isn't there some kind of implication to it?
Like losing your warranty or something?

And my cpu is an i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz

I think it should work fine.

But tell me how to overclock(along with the risks it comes with) and I'll try it.

KingDaniel0
04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingDaniel0:

I selected NVIDIA chipset accidently, do I need to download a different driver(I can't find a separate chipset driver) or does it come all together with the other? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did it start the uninstallation process ? Again use Driver Sweeper and remove your drivers. Also uninstall them from the Windows Control Panel, reboot your PC, and then update your drivers from Nvidia's Website.

Btw, your Video card can't create a Bottleneck/lag. The Geforce GT130 is not a very powerful Video Card (low-profile Graphics processor). Try to upgrade your Video card, if you want much better performance in Games. You have the i7 CPU, right ? This should be fine for Gaming.

But have you checked whether TURBO Mode, and HT is enabled for your CPU ?

AdnariM-
04-19-2011, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdnariM-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingDaniel0:

I selected NVIDIA chipset accidently, do I need to download a different driver(I can't find a separate chipset driver) or does it come all together with the other? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did it start the uninstallation process ? Again use Driver Sweeper and remove your drivers. Also uninstall them from the Windows Control Panel, reboot your PC, and then update your drivers from Nvidia's Website.

Btw, your Video card can't create a Bottleneck/lag. The Geforce GT130 is not a very powerful Video Card (low-profile Graphics processor). Try to upgrade your Video card, if you want much better performance in Games. You have the i7 CPU, right ? This should be fine for Gaming.

But have you checked whether TURBO Mode, and HT is enabled for your CPU ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know what turbo mode or HT is, I don't have a good PC knowledge :S

Michaeljcox24
04-19-2011, 03:48 PM
A Geforce GT130?

That is the problem. Didn't know that was your card.

AdnariM-
04-19-2011, 04:09 PM
A Geforce GT130?

Is it really that bad?

It came with the PC.

I'll see if I get a new one, but first I have to gather the money(which is the problem)

PurpleHaze1980
04-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I dropped the graphical settings to everything dropped the resolution, etc, the cutscene thing was still happening. I figured I'm just doomed to forever deal with slow cutscenes.

The odd thing is this laptop isn't even that old (it's barely a year old since the day it was manufactured). Laptops ideally aren't the best for gaming, but I'd figure at least the cutscenes would run decently even if the game effects ran slow.

AdnariM-
04-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by PurpleHaze1980:
I dropped the graphical settings to everything dropped the resolution, etc, the cutscene thing was still happening. I figured I'm just doomed to forever deal with slow cutscenes.

The odd thing is this laptop isn't even that old (it's barely a year old since the day it was manufactured). Laptops ideally aren't the best for gaming, but I'd figure at least the cutscenes would run decently even if the game effects ran slow.

I dropped my res to 1360x768 or something and cutscenes work fine. The graphics are hideous though.

Atham2011
04-22-2011, 05:55 AM
My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4200 - which is bad as the recommended for the game is 4700 or better? Could this be the problem?

KingDaniel0
04-22-2011, 06:47 AM
My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4200 - which is bad as the recommended for the game is 4700 or better? Could this be the problem?

Can't say for sure, because it depends on what Graphic settings you have applied, to play AC:B.

Does the cutscene as well as all the in-game LAG/stutter, disappear when you play the Game on the LOWEST possible Screen Resolution ? (I think it does go off as told by you).

Obviously the HD4200 is not the Best Video card, but if you don't face any kind of Serious Lag/stutter, Low FPS etc., during the normal Gameplay part of Brotherhood, then this Video Card should be fine.

Can you run and play the game normally with good FPS, except at the Cutscene parts ? If yes, then how much FPS do you get, and on what in-game Settings and screen resolution ?

If you face a Serious Lag/stutter ONLY during the Cutscenes, then we can't say your Video card is at fault here. The Game does support the HD 4xxx series. It looks like the Cutscenes are More Graphic demanding, and there is Lot of rendering done at this time, which draws much GPU processing Power, and causes a Lag (IMO).

But, if other users who are already having the HD4700 and above, don't face any kind of Lag during the Cutscenes, then we can make some conclusion that this is indeed a GPU-dependant feature. Then you can upgrade Your Video Card, if you wish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Atham2011
04-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Okay.

I will try measuring the FPS. The gameplay is laggy compared to some people posting videos on Youtube. Normally I use 1360 x 768 I think but still it lags. I will try it on 800 x 600 if there is still lag in the cutscenes.

Oh and which video card should I update to? And will it help if I clean my PC from the inside?

KingDaniel0
04-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Oh and which video card should I update to? And will it help if I clean my PC from the inside?

First check the Overall in-game performance/FPS, and then decide which GPU you need to Buy. It all depends on your Budget, the more you can spend, the better you can Upgrade your RIG....

Oh yes, always Clean your GPU fan, as well as the CPU Heatsink, if there is lot of Dust. We must clean the entire ATX cabinet occasionally.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Atham2011
04-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Does anyone know how to check in game FPS using Fraps?

KingDaniel0
04-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Does anyone know how to check in game FPS using Fraps?

Press the F11 key. This can be changed/assigned to any other key if you wish, but by default it should be F11 (the Benchmarking Hotkey).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

tangoscash
04-23-2011, 09:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michaeljcox24:
A Geforce GT130?

Is it really that bad?

It came with the PC.

I'll see if I get a new one, but first I have to gather the money(which is the problem) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes! the card is really that bad. your i7 920 is a beast of a CPU however so get a decent video card if your running any directx games and your system will really shine. i would recommend an Nvidia gtx460 (best bang for $) or a 470 and even the newer 500 series if you can afford it.

Atham2011
04-23-2011, 11:47 AM
What video card should I get that is moreorless for a good Euro?

Oh and yes the FPS was between 10-12 during multiplayer introductory session.

The settings were:

Resolution: 1360 x 768
and everything else on its lowest.
Any help/ explanation?

KingDaniel0
04-23-2011, 02:23 PM
What video card should I get that is moreorless for a good Euro?

You don't specify your Budget ! Try to do a Search over here, because there are too many Video card Models from ATI and NVidia, so it's not possible to suggest any specific Card. The more you can spend, the better and a Powerful GPU you might be able to buy.

Just an example Webshop (you can also sort them by price):

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Su...ize=100&Order=RATING (http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=48&name=Desktop-Graphics-Video-Cards&Pagesize=100&Order=RATING)

You must also change your Power Supply/PSU, if the current one on your Computer is NOT sufficient to handle the new Video Card's Load. Check the requirements before buying......

And btw, some NEW Video Cards, not all, are also a bit thick and Long in length i.e. roughly 10/11 inches. Make sure it fits inside your ATX cabinet/MOBO, and there is enough room for it, with proper Ventilation.

Atham2011
04-24-2011, 02:49 AM
I don't know my budget yet. Depends if it needs a change.

So my FPS was 10-12 during multiplayer introductory session.

The settings were:

and everything else on its lowest.

Is this a problem?

KingDaniel0
04-24-2011, 05:10 AM

So my FPS was 10-12 during multiplayer introductory session.

The settings were:

and everything else on its lowest. Is this a problem?

10-12 is obviously very low for Gaming, but, if you don't feel any kind of LAG, eye strain, or stutter then it's ok. For a better and a smoother Gaming performance, the FPS should be at least 30+ fps, though some gamers (not all) are fine even if it is below this Value.

Use the lowest possible Screen Resolution which your Monitor supports, e.g. 800*600 etc. If you still get 10-12, then you can upgrade your Video Card, if you wish.

Oh btw, don't test the MP part, to make a conclusion of your PC/GPU. Because the ONLINE/Lan Gaming performance usually differs, so we should always first test the Single Player part of any Game/title.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atham2011
04-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Oh Okay. There is lag for the game. Especially sound lag sometimes during the fights with guards.

mrsandman004
04-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ErselCeylan:
I see so much lag at cutscene and at some missions and at courtesan house hope this gonna be fixed at new patch. or any ideas why?

Im in the saame boat man, game runs like **** when it should be maxed and buttery smooth.

WeŽll just wait for the patch. if ubi support exits.
pc spec:
windows 7 64bit home premium
GTX 460m 1.5 ram
i7 qc9300 1.66ghz
8gb ram