PDA

View Full Version : Joystick Problems

11-25-2004, 02:00 AM
I hope someone here can help me with this I'm stumped. About 90% of the times I take of (in different planes) as soon as Im airborne the plane roll quickly to the right. Also I have to constantly fight the rudder on take off to keep me centered on a carrier. Now the times I do get in the air, I can be flying alone and then suddenlly I roll hard right and I cant recover no matter what I do. This happens with torque and gyro effects both on and off. I have a Saitek X45, a newer one w/auto calabration.
Thx in advance for any help you can give.

KaosUlv

11-25-2004, 02:00 AM
I hope someone here can help me with this I'm stumped. About 90% of the times I take of (in different planes) as soon as Im airborne the plane roll quickly to the right. Also I have to constantly fight the rudder on take off to keep me centered on a carrier. Now the times I do get in the air, I can be flying alone and then suddenlly I roll hard right and I cant recover no matter what I do. This happens with torque and gyro effects both on and off. I have a Saitek X45, a newer one w/auto calabration.
Thx in advance for any help you can give.

KaosUlv

Tully__
11-25-2004, 04:58 AM
The swerving on the runway/carrier deck is normal. The airstream coming off your propellor travels down the aircraft fuselage in a spiral path, striking the vertical stabilizer on one side and causing the aircraft to yaw. Correcting the yaw with rudder is the correct response.

When taking off from carriers your aircraft will be very close to stall speed. If you try to pull straight into a climb you'll stall, usally dropping one wing and heading into the water. Instead use just enough back stick to stop from descending into the water and get the landing gear up immediately. Let the plane gain a little speed before attempting to climb.

The other issue sounds like your joystick may have developed a spike. For more information, click the "Joysticks & FB" link under my signature picture and read the article it takes you to.

11-25-2004, 11:38 PM
Thx Tully for the fast response. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
We figured it out after all that it was just me.
I flew F-16 sims for years and I'm just not use to how they (WWII planes) respond and handle. I got alot of unlearning todo, LOL.

Thx again,
CW