PDA

View Full Version : JU87

Wehrmacht1988
12-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Can anyone tell me why when I'm fly with them they allways are so slow that I'm going down?

JG53Frankyboy
12-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Wehrmacht1988:
Can anyone tell me why when I'm fly with them they allways are so slow that I'm going down?

check the propellersettings - if engine managemant is activatet in difficultie settings.
the Ju87 is no automatik like in the Fw190s and Bf109s

change the supercharger to highboost at around 2800m .

Wehrmacht1988
12-31-2005, 09:03 AM
I have one question:Why my key"stabilizator" doesn't work?It is very difficult to keep the Stuka horizontal without this key.And one thing more:if there are any keys for the engine of JU-87,something like the connector on the cars?

LStarosta
12-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Actually the Stuka is VERY easy to keep horizontal because you have full trim capabilities. Just dont keep the plane flying in a constant stall, then maybe it won't be wanting to wing over...

Wehrmacht1988
12-31-2005, 09:06 AM
To JG53Frankyboy:What is supercharger and where is it?

Kuna15
12-31-2005, 09:07 AM
Of engine controls you have fuel mix. management, prop. pitch... level stabilizer do not work since it is dive not level bomber http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

You have dive brakes, and you can set on which altitude you would like your bombs automatically released (in dive with dive brake engaged; you can set for instance safe altitude of around 400m. and higher).

Supercharger next stage (stage 2) like Franky said around 2,8k. It is located on upper left area of your cockpit.

Check neural_dream cockpit reference (download link is located in his sig).

Wehrmacht1988
12-31-2005, 09:08 AM
LStarosta: But this hapen with the other planes too.

Wehrmacht1988
12-31-2005, 09:08 AM
But this hapen with the other planes too.

LStarosta
12-31-2005, 09:10 AM
Yes, but the Stuka is one of those planes that flies itself if you trim it correctly.

WarWolfe_1
12-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Check your joystick settings.

Wehrmacht1988
12-31-2005, 09:11 AM
The same happen with BF-109

Wehrmacht1988
12-31-2005, 09:14 AM
The button is "S",but when I activeted it nothing happen.

Wehrmacht1988
12-31-2005, 09:19 AM
I have an idea:If I use language switch,does it can switch my controls on the game?

neural_dream
12-31-2005, 09:28 AM
Wehrmacht, level stabilizer is on very very few planes. On the level bombers. Btw, if you want to download my aircraft reference guide it's in my sig.

and no language switch is irrelevant.

IKG26Redcoat
12-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Silly question, but I'll ask anyway, you're not hitting your divebrake by mistake?
Other than that, check flaps and supercharger, and after takeoff dial your mixture back to 100%. If you're really stuck, find my in the hyperlobby, and we can go through it.

~S~

LStarosta
12-31-2005, 09:40 AM
The same happen with BF-109

Durrr, as I said, the Stuka flies itself because it has full trim capabilities, much UNlike the 109.

mandrill7
12-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Dumb ? - how do you trim the dive brake for altitude?

LStarosta
12-31-2005, 06:53 PM
What do you mean? To have it open automatically at a certain altitude?

AlGroover
12-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Elevator trim (not elevator command) is very important to obtain a level flying aircraft. Is this your problem?

Tully__
12-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by mandrill7:
Dumb ? - how do you trim the dive brake for altitude? It's in one of the readme files, but if memory serves correctly I think you use the raise/lower bombsight altitude controls. It controls the altitude at which the auto-dive recover and bomb release cuts in.

Tully__
12-31-2005, 10:21 PM

If you try to climb too quickly they will slow down too much. Take more time to gain altitude and it will be less prone to this and easier to gain speed. More speed will also make it easier to keep the wings level.

As LStarosta has pointed out, use trim. Once you have a nice speed at a rate of climb you can sustain, use the trim controls to relieve you of the chore of holding your joystick all the time. I do hope you have a joystick, flying with keyboard only is possible but not much fun nor very realistic.

Wehrmacht1988
01-01-2006, 06:42 AM
To make it simple,I will tell you what I do when I take off my plane:First I give power 100%,then give the wings to take off(there also combat,raised,landing),so when I'm up give back the wings to raised and wait the plane to reach220-240 speed(with Stuka),but the plane allways is moving to left and going down,so I have allways to watch and move him up and right.
On the same time computer planes fly so high and far from me.So I have to search for planes with stabilizator to play with joy.

Wehrmacht1988
01-01-2006, 06:45 AM
I'm not playing with joystick and I'm not hit the divebrake(this one of the things that I know how to use)

Wehrmacht1988
01-01-2006, 06:49 AM
neural_dream I don't know what is "BTW" and "sig".Maybe I'm stupid.

Wehrmacht1988
01-01-2006, 06:51 AM
LStarosta How to use the trim capabilities and where are they?(Just to say one more time:I use keyboard)

Wehrmacht1988
01-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Tully__ I allways wait the JU-87 to reach 220 speed,before to move high.

Wehrmacht1988
01-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Does anyone can give me bulgarian skin for JU-87?

Kuna15
01-01-2006, 07:06 AM
To make it simple,I will tell you what I do when I take off my plane:First I give power 100%,then give the wings to take off(there also combat,raised,landing),so when I'm up give back the wings to raised and wait the plane to reach220-240 speed(with Stuka),but the plane allways is moving to left and going down,so I have allways to watch and move him up and right.
On the same time computer planes fly so high and far from me.So I have to search for planes with stabilizator to play with joy.

1.Start the engine, lock your tail wheel (you have to map that control manually in Controls section) set your flaps in take-off position and give your aircraft 110% throttle.
1.Once when you are airborne (don't push stick up hard let aircraft gently take off with minimum joystick input) level on let's say 500m alt and hold that altitude.
2.Retract your flaps fully (Flaps: Raised)
3.Set the throttle power on ~90% and keep flying on 500m alt and you will gain decent speed in no time
4.Climb with your radiator fully open and on 95% throttle (you wont overheat much if at all). Climb on speed of around 260kp/h TAS.

Try to do it this way I hope you will sort it out.
Oh yes, and in Ju-87 it is always wise to climb higher than 1500m (because you'll have to dive on target eventually).

Kuna15
01-01-2006, 07:11 AM
neural_dream I don't know what is "BTW" and "sig".Maybe I'm stupid.

BTW - By The Way
Sig - Signature; the picture or text always displayed in user posts. I don't have any text in my sig but I have IL-2 pilot and gunner in my signature.

_

John_Wayne_
01-01-2006, 07:15 AM
If you have photoshop you can download Bulgarian markings here
http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/colours/markings.html
Then pick a blank skin you like and make your own Bulgarian stuka.

joeap
01-01-2006, 07:20 AM
Did any of you clue in that the guy uses the keyboard to fly????

Wehrmacht1988, do yourself a big favour and get a joystick...your are making things way to difficult for yourself. I guarantee you will have much more fun with one. Trust us. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Good advice here, download neural-dream's guide it is fantastic.

VW-IceFire
01-01-2006, 09:11 AM
To prevent the plane from flying down and left be sure to use the trim controls to keep the plane level.

These are default mapped to the Cntrl key and the arrow keys (so Cntrl+Left Arrow trims the aileron left). Also the rudder...uhhh I forget the defaults.

Wehrmacht1988
01-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Sorry but I haven't got photoshop,but thanks for all of you guys for the tips.So Happy New year to all of you!!

Wehrmacht1988
01-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Kuna15 how to pick an image for the signature?

Grue_
01-02-2006, 01:15 PM
This game will always be frustrating to play without a joystick. Do yourself a favour and buy one.

I've got a D-5 bombing guide here which might be some use but I don't know who wrote it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Set up the "Bombsight Controls" in the Controls menu. The D5 uses the "Increase/Decrease Bombsight Altitude" and "Increase/Decrease Bombsight Velocity" keys to make adjustments. As a side note, not everyone knows that you can also use the bombsight controls on the Gyro gunsight in the P-51 D20 for air-to-air purposes. (though you have to activate it with the "bombsight automation" key to get anything out of it!")

The D5 is perhaps the quintessential ground attack plane for the Axis powers, and one that I would gladly match up against any Sturmovik ace. It has an impressive bombload capability, a sleek and streamlined profile, and unlike its predecessors carries a pair of cannon in the wings, rather than light machine guns. The true ace up its heavily-armored sleeve, however, is the dual-purpose gunsight and divebomb pipper.

You'll want to start out high in the D5, simply because you can. Where the previous models were ideal when starting an attack from 2000 meters or so, the bombsight on the D5 provides accurate delivery at much higher altitudes. My lowest bomb runs tend to start at 3000m, with bomb release at 1000.

As you are lined up and heading toward your target, begin making preparations for your attack. You'll want a coarse prop pitch to keep your airspeed from climbing too high, and it will be helpful if you trim your nose up a few degrees. Next, dial in the altitude at which you want to release your ordnance. I reccomend at least 1500 meters below your present altitude to give yourself enough time to acquire your target. If you have "AB" bombs, set your altitude a bit lower than you otherwise would to prevent your carpet of explosives from dispersing too far. Never set a release of less than 500 meters above ground level, and if you're diving down below, say 750, I reccomend setting a delay of at least 2-5 seconds on your explosives. Remember that you'll probably be leveling out about 400 meters or more below the point at which you drop your bombs.

If you're planning a vertical bomb run, there's little need to dial in your airspeed. It won't affect precision much if your dive angle is greater than 70 degrees. For shallower dives, however, set what you expect your true airspeed to be at the release altitude in kilometers per hour. You'll have to get a feel for how much speed you'll get in a dive, but a good rule of thumb is a gain of 50 km/hr per 500 meters in steeper dives.

Fly your course and acquire your target through the floor window, if your bomb isn't so big that it blocks your view. For a 90 degree bomb run, don't start your dive the moment you see the target. Let it pass back out of view and estimate when it's directly under the center of your plane. At this point, wing over like you're about to roll into a split-s and risk a glance at your target. If your wingtip is pointing at it, go ahead and invert your aircraft. If not, level out, fly on for a few heartbeats, and try again.

Once you're inverted, switch to "gunsight" view (Shift + F1), idle the engine back to 0% throttle, and look directly "up" through the canopy (i.e. down at the ground). Once you've got your target almost in the center of the screen, activate your dive brake and start your run.

Pull back on the stick until you've got the target dead in your gunsight -- careful, the bombsight is a bulky piece of hardware and will obscure your target for a couple seconds (perhaps its only real disadvantage) -- and look to your right to check the dive angle indicator. If you're in a "negative" dive (meaning if your belly is closer to the horizon than your canopy) roll your wings 180 degrees. The bombload will not release if you're pulling negative G's, which is another part of the reason I told you to trim your pitch up a bit... the Stuka wants to pull "down" naturally and requires a bit of stickwork to keep it pointed at the target if you don't trim.

Thanks to the sophisticated bombsight, you don't have to be in a perfect 90 degree dive, but get as close as you can. You should see a bowtie-shaped pipper climbing up the bottom of your stuvi. This is where the dive sight thinks your bombs will land based on the altitude and airspeed you've dialed in, as well as your dive angle. Do NOT release your bombs immediately. Remember that it's calculating based on the altitude you put in... if you release now you're likely to miss. Instead, just keep this moving pipper on your target for now. When your altimiter gets to the point you dialed in to the bombsight, you should hear a warning horn sound. At this point, hit your bomb release button (they don't auto-release like in previous models)... if you get it as the horn is sounding then all of your explosives should detach from the plane with a single press of the button. Your Stuka will begin to auto-level, but pull back on the stick a bit to help it out. Once you're level, throttle up, disengage the dive brake, and head for home... the boys back at the officer's club have a frosty mug with your name on it! If you need to, you can do some mop-up work with the wing cannons, but if you've done your job right this won't be neccessary.

Phew... hope that helps some folks out! If I get enough requests I can write a longer tutorial with screenshots, or even try my hand at a training track.

Viel Gl├╝ck!

Kuna15
01-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Does anyone can give me bulgarian skin for JU-87?

Here's link Bulgarian Bf-109E-3/4 skin and more for you.
I think that I will be able to dig up some Ju-87 skins too. You got to be registered there to download it.

http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/download.ph...arian%20BF-109E3/4.. (http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/download.php?id=2934%Bulgarian%20BF-109E3/4..).

Wehrmacht1988
01-03-2006, 03:24 AM
Sorry Kuna,but I allready got this skin and the server is down for mainterance.Actually I got one problem:When I carry bombs with JU-87 the bomb in the middle(who is big)allways stay on the plane.I've tryed with many buttons,but only the small bombs on the wings are going down.

Wehrmacht1988
01-03-2006, 03:26 AM
And again I will ask you how to pick an image for my signature?

Kuna15
01-03-2006, 03:53 AM
Sorry Kuna,but I allready got this skin and the server is down for mainterance.Actually I got one problem:When I carry bombs with JU-87 the bomb in the middle(who is big)allways stay on the plane.I've tryed with many buttons,but only the small bombs on the wings are going down.

You have selected unlimited ammo. Because of that you can't release mid bomb.

Kuna15
01-03-2006, 03:57 AM
And again I will ask you how to pick an image for my signature?

Exactly how to pick I don't know, choose one that you like and that looks good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

How to place it:
GO > PROFILE > View/Edit Complete Profile > Signature

The put URL of your picture in that box.
you signature picture

Be sure to follow rules about picture size:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/1511047252

Wehrmacht1988
01-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Thanks for all.