PDA

View Full Version : COOP mission coverted to Single Mission

lmysel
04-12-2005, 08:21 AM
I see a lot of good COOP missions that I would want to fly offline at home as a Single mission with other planes as AI. When I copied a few of them into my Single Missions folder they do not work, is there another step I need to do, another way to play them alone or is this not possible?

lmysel
04-12-2005, 08:21 AM
I see a lot of good COOP missions that I would want to fly offline at home as a Single mission with other planes as AI. When I copied a few of them into my Single Missions folder they do not work, is there another step I need to do, another way to play them alone or is this not possible?

TacticalYak3
04-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Easiest thing to do mate is host a server offline and jump into that COOP mission. The rest of the planes will be controlled by AI.

Regards

major_setback
04-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I might be wrong but I think it might help also to set the number of players to the minimum of 2 when playing coop in this way.
Does anyone else know?
Good luck.

Shift_E
04-12-2005, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lmysel:
I see a lot of good COOP missions that I would want to fly offline at home as a Single mission with other planes as AI. When I copied a few of them into my Single Missions folder they do not work, is there another step I need to do, another way to play them alone or is this not possible? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a couple of ways to change Coops to single player missions. One way is to use the Full Mission Builder in PF to select the plane and check the player box. Another way to use Notepad and change the lines to match the squadron flight:

[MAIN]
MAP Net8Islands/load.ini
TIME 9.0
CloudType 0
CloudHeight 1000.0
player B_8AF_493BG_860BS03 &lt;------------
army 1
playerNum 0 &lt;------------
[Wing]
usa0101
ja0100
ja0101
ja0102
ja0110
usa0110
ja0133
ja0111
usa0100
B_8AF_493BG_860BS02
B_8AF_493BG_860BS03

The other way is to use QMT and select the player box.

http://home.comcast.net/~r.timblin/qmtplayer.png

T_O_A_D
04-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Or you can just host up the coop on your machine. Just don't tell anyone your hosting and all the AI will fly just as they do in Single play. But if you want to let some frineds in to fly then give them your IP and enjoy a good time.

BigA21
04-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey Imysel,

Well there you go, 5 different ways to do the same thing.
I am with Tactical & TOAD on this though,

"Easiest thing to do mate is host a server offline and jump into that COOP mission. The rest of the planes will be controlled by AI."

I would add though to create a new folder, example "Downloaded Missions" and put it in your

"C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Net\coop"

folder so that the sim knows its a coop and it works.

However if you play single player mode regularly be prepared to loose the time compression and pause functions in coop (Online)mode.

Good Luck

lmysel
04-12-2005, 01:04 PM
thanks to all for the repsonses, i will try it tonight.

fabianfred
04-12-2005, 03:28 PM
thye only real advantage to converting to single mission by selecting a plane as player is that in a single mission you can Pause game and also use the auto pilot and time skips etc.

Spitf_ACE
04-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Use UberDemons UQMG, there is a sticky thread about it, getting all the praise it deserves. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Built into the utility is the UQMM, which has the option to select any coop, and fly it as a single player mission.

This is how I discovered how good a lot of these coops out there are. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

johann63
04-12-2005, 09:31 PM
i personally just go into FMB

select the plane you want to fly and then select player.

As noted above you can do time compression.

If you have different planes in the mission just save version with different planes selected as player.

Of course all of the other techniques work well

good luck