PDA

View Full Version : The audacity of the developers...

eleite
06-28-2009, 11:52 PM
The audacity of the developers to take advantage of a Microsoft and Sony platform (USA & Japan) without offering black pre-orders in those countries.

Very nice, good form, good form!

Nayukhuut
06-29-2009, 07:04 AM
I think perhaps you are jumping too fast to a conclusion. The game isn't out for months and we may, in fact, see something similar here before release.

That being said I do echo your sentiment. I really, really want that black edition and am willing to pay extra for it. Since I cannot currantly buy it from play.com since they do not accept credit cards from a non UK/European address(my original plan was to buy it and send it to my friend there so they could send it to me), I am pestering my Australian friends to place it on pre-order so they can send it to me. :P All the while hoping either American or Canadian game stores get something other then a crappy deal so I could skip having to play these ordering games and just pre-order it in my country.

caswallawn_2k7
06-29-2009, 09:52 AM
well damn it I demand all games that only got released in america and all the special editions that only got released in america get sent to europe and the rest of the world.

give it up this is one thing that hasnt been anounced for america so far, yet there are litraly thousands of games and specail editions that never made it to europe/austrailia. all this prooves is americans think they deserve everything and that they think if they whine they will get there way.

Xm3buX
06-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
well damn it I demand all games that only got released in america and all the special editions that only got released in america get sent to europe and the rest of the world.

give it up this is one thing that hasnt been anounced for america so far, yet there are litraly thousands of games and specail editions that never made it to europe/austrailia. all this prooves is americans think they deserve everything and that they think if they whine they will get there way.
Yep, I think it's good that Europe finally gets something that the US doesn't, it makes a nice change from normal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Serenity9066
06-29-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif, and I'm American. Seriously it's not that big of a deal.

Losk_
06-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Canadian here, I just wish we could all have the same in-game experience, even if the in-game bonus quests are minor.

Tela
06-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Serenity9066:
I agree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif, and I'm American. Seriously it's not that big of a deal.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

If any of it is worth getting, you could probably find it on amazon/ebay afterwards anyway. >_>

Nayukhuut
06-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Some of these comments are harsh too.

We're all gamers, and lovers of this specific game. It shouldn't be about the country we live in, and whether or not said country had it coming, or had been excluded for so long. It should be about the game, and the fact that we're all fans who would like to get access to the great bonuses that come with said game.

That said, the first game had a special edition that only came our in Europe too if I remember correctly. Oh, a special edition did come out in North America...but it was different. Perhaps they might do the same thing here as well?

Velvit
06-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Nayukhuut:
Some of these comments are harsh too.

We're all gamers, and lovers of this specific game. It shouldn't be about the country we live in, and whether or not said country had it coming, or had been excluded for so long. It should be about the game, and the fact that we're all fans who would like to get access to the great bonuses that come with said game.

That said, the first game had a special edition that only came our in Europe too if I remember correctly. Oh, a special edition did come out in North America...but it was different. Perhaps they might do the same thing here as well? its about how much you pay silly

sensationikke
06-29-2009, 02:47 PM

first of all: i'm an europian.

I don't understand why they wouldn't release it in the USA, the USA has got a lot of costumers, and they want money, don't they?

caswallawn_2k7
06-29-2009, 02:52 PM
first of all: i'm an europian.

I don't understand why they wouldn't release it in the USA, the USA has got a lot of costumers, and they want money, don't they?
Europe is actualy the biggest game market now, acording to Sony, Microsoft and sevral developers.

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Losk_:
Canadian here, I just wish we could all have the same in-game experience, even if the in-game bonus quests are minor.

What he said

obliviondoll
06-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Well I'm from New Zealand, and most game developers treat us like we're part of Australia, and in terms of ordering, so do most retailers.

Unfortunately, a lot of the pre-order bonus packs that do get released in Australia never get sent here, so we miss out. Have found no advertising on the NZ versions of sites which are promoting it in Australia.

We got the Red Faction deals, EXCEPT that JB Hi-Fi didn't advertise that they were doing the pre-order bonus, OR tell their staff it would be coming. So when I asked about it they said it wasn't happening (I checked on the official game forums and they said it was Australia only too), and I didn't bother pre-ordering because I was short on money at the time. Got annoyed and decided to buy Prototype first. Haven't regretted it.

EDIT: Just got emailed by a friend who found out EB Games will be releasing the AC2 Black Edition in NZ. Limited stock, don't know the numbers.

deskpe
06-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Losk_:

What he said </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think the 3 bonus missions will be avalible both as DLC and preorder bonuses... i think i read soemwhere that the black edition would get u to it earlier then u can get to nit without the preorders or black edition.

caswallawn_2k7
06-30-2009, 01:11 PM
the 3 bonus maps are on gamestop US for all pre orders anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Losk_
06-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Only 1 of them.

caswallawn_2k7
06-30-2009, 01:20 PM
the black edition is 3missions it's still all in one place from what I read.

Losk_
06-30-2009, 05:36 PM
I think its three different places.

Palazzo Medicis in Florence
Santa Maria Dei Frari In Venice
Arsenal Shipyard Warehouse In Venice
I cut and pasted that from the UK pre-order page.

craxe
06-30-2009, 05:50 PM

We don't think that we deserve anything we didn't first create. Video Games are an American invention. Also, eleite is correct, it is unfair to take advantage of a company from a certain country if you don't intend to give the extra stuff to that country as well.

Nayukhuut
06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
I do not mind that Europe gets a limited edition. That is what they did last time after all. I just wish that we had the option of buying it from over in Canada. Even if that option was simply to go online and order it and hope to heck it's compatable with yout system option. However, play.com won't even let me register an account. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Though I suppose I do see why. I could see it now, all the silly north americans who would be ranting and raving because it's not compatable with their system, and that they didn't know about things like region encoding. -_-

DearDirty
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM

Where is the like button.

caswallawn_2k7
07-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by craxe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:

We don't think that we deserve anything we didn't first create. Video Games are an American invention. Also, eleite is correct, it is unfair to take advantage of a company from a certain country if you don't intend to give the extra stuff to that country as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
90% of computer technology comes from china/japan/Uk/france/germany, atari and other people simply took advantyage of other countries inventions, if you actualy look into it very little electical and mechanical came from america and even the things that do trace back to people from the rest of the world who moved to america (for example telephone invented in america by a scottish born person, the US space program prety much 90% composed of german scientists who fled the war.) aslo if you want to get realy picky the US patent for PCM (the thing that runs nearly all digital technology) is held by a british engineer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

americans realy should think before they start on thier we made the world rant's, america is a young country very little in the way of inventions has came from america they have just helped to develop other countries technology.

Account_Deleted
07-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Standerd edition: Basic game

White edition: Basic game + white basic figurine+ white game box cover + 1 of 3 bonus inside quest + *possible hoodie*

Black edition: Basic game + Fully upgraded figurine + black game box cover + 3 out of 3 bounus inside quest + soundtrack + books and behind the sceens.

i agree with some people, it's about time some other countries get bonuses,
i regret preordering endwar.
never got anything and made extra :@