PDA

View Full Version : be warned!!! big bug

av8rjim
04-07-2007, 10:17 PM
I think I just discovered a very big and nasty bug in the game. If you end a patrol with any crewmen in a damage control team, kiss them goodbye. The quite unfortunate thing is that the game wont let you recruit more because it still shows them there in the crew count, but they are definitely not there your next patrol. This has totally ruined one of my careers and I am really ticked off, don't let this happen to you.

PavelKirilovich
04-07-2007, 10:27 PM
My career is just running stock SH3 with the v1.4b patch installed, and I have a minimum of five sailors in the damage control team when I leave port and dock, they're definately still there... is it possible the bug is unique to your boat, or simply your installation of SH3? What are you sailing? I'm still in a Type VIIB and I can't say I've ever had anything like this problem.

klcarroll
04-07-2007, 10:33 PM
av8rjim;

PavelKirilovich brings up a good point:

What type of boat are you driving??

av8rjim
04-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Using a type VIIB out of Kiel. The only mod I have installed is SH3 Commander.

wikingsh2006
04-08-2007, 08:22 AM
I run stock SH3 with the 1.4 patch and SH3 Commander. I always leave crew in damage control and they are always there when I start my next patrol. They will be in crew quarters but they are there. I always have a full crew and don't need to recruit. Doesn't matter what sub type either.

diemax
04-08-2007, 11:40 AM
I have changed boats a few times. Did some xfers... changed my crew around and never ran into this issue.

Maybe its some corrupt file on your end ?

JScones
04-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by av8rjim:
I think I just discovered a very big and nasty bug in the game. If you end a patrol with any crewmen in a damage control team, kiss them goodbye. The quite unfortunate thing is that the game wont let you recruit more because it still shows them there in the crew count, but they are definitely not there your next patrol. This has totally ruined one of my careers and I am really ticked off, don't let this happen to you.
Yep. Stock bug. Been there since day 1. Doesn't happen all the time, only under certain (as yet undefined) conditions. Indeed, I've tried countless times to create the problem, but haven't been able to.

Solution? Always return your repair crew to general quarters before docking.

HW3
04-08-2007, 06:21 PM
The only crew you always lose by leaving them in damage control is a officer. The sim moves all the other crew back to quarters but, does not move the officer. If you have SHIII Commander installed, you can dismiss him and then replace him in game.

Stingray-65
04-09-2007, 04:48 PM
This is good to know. I've never had a problem with it, but will be sure to put them in quarters before docking. Thanx! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif