PDA

View Full Version : Config tweakers I need some questions answered.

Shrap
11-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi I'm looking through my config.ini to improve the looks of the game (which looks fantastic). I've got the rig to run everything at it's highest but don'e know what somw of the lines mean so I've posted them below in hopes someone will explain what they do.

[window]
Use3Renders=0 <-- what does this do and what should it be set at?

game]
HighGore=1 <-- is there a higher setting?

HardwareShaders=1 <-- what does this do and what should it be set at?

I'm not sure what the highest settings on the lines below are:
Shadows=1
Specular=3
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3
Sky=1
Forest=2
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2
LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1
VideoSetupId=15
Water=3
ForceShaders1x=0
PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0
Effects=3

Thanks in advance.

Shrap
11-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi I'm looking through my config.ini to improve the looks of the game (which looks fantastic). I've got the rig to run everything at it's highest but don'e know what somw of the lines mean so I've posted them below in hopes someone will explain what they do.

[window]
Use3Renders=0 &lt;-- what does this do and what should it be set at?

game]
HighGore=1 &lt;-- is there a higher setting?

HardwareShaders=1 &lt;-- what does this do and what should it be set at?

I'm not sure what the highest settings on the lines below are:
Shadows=1
Specular=3
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3
Sky=1
Forest=2
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2
LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1
VideoSetupId=15
Water=3
ForceShaders1x=0
PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0
Effects=3

Thanks in advance.

BaldieJr
11-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Use3Renders=0
Unless you have a Matrox card or some other 3-monitor setup, dont bother changing this.

HardwareShaders=1
Perfect mode.

The rest looks to be cranked all the way up.

BSS_Vidar
11-20-2004, 01:34 AM
Under Open GL..

Harware shader = 1
Water =3
Effects =3

Make sure the resolution you are using in the game set-up is using 32bit color. 16 bit color reverts it back to default settings.

S!

RocketDog
11-20-2004, 03:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shrap:
I've got the rig to run everything at it's highest <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah Ha! The HAL 900 is finally available for sale. Where can I buy one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif?

Rgards,

RocketDog.

Tully__
11-20-2004, 05:27 AM
HighGore=1: Highgore on.

HighGore=0: Highore off.

That's it, it's a toggle only. Unless there are He-111's, one of the 109 models (F2 if I recall correctly) or the little Russian flying boat in the mission, it will make practically no noticeable visible differences, but some of the SubTitles are a bit more graphic (John Doe is roasted to a crisp http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) with high gore on.

Zarathael
11-20-2004, 06:46 AM
Here's a question, maybe a bit off topic, but not quite. are there any settings in the config that I can set to get a texture of some sort on the water? My machine won't run the new water effects, but I'd like something with some kind of frame of reference for altitude, as opposed to simply flying into the blue screen of death.. As it is, the ocean looks the same from 10 feet as it does from 10,000. this can be disorienting. thanks for any help

oFZo
11-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Are you running 32bit color under openGL and is your land detail set to "excellent"?