PDA

View Full Version : Missing ring finger?

DarkicoN14
09-29-2010, 08:53 PM
OK so in AC1 Altair is missing his ringer finger right, but Malik in the beginning has his, also the first assassin (Darius? not sure) has all his fingers on his statue in the villa, are these just slip ups from Ubisoft or what?Y

gamertam
09-29-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm totally guessing here, but i think Altiar missing a ring finger because he was recuited and to show his commitment, Altair let them chopped off his ring finger. I could be wrong though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

phil.llllll
09-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah they never quite explained that one. Also to wear the hidden blade required the sacrifice of the ring finger so they had to have it done to use one. I'm guessing it was just a slip up unless Altair decided one day to just chop off his finger to be unique - or maybe just to better hide the blade.

GarethNelson
09-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Either it's a slipup, OR it's due to Altair's rank. He was the highest-ranking of his fellow assassins at the start if you remember.....

DeafAtheist
09-30-2010, 02:19 AM
I dunno... according to the Leonardo in AC2 he said the hidden blade's design required it's removal and Ezio was about to let him cut it off when he said he was joking, the old design did indeed require that but he had modified it so it didn't. If I remember correctly Altair decided later it wasn't necessary and had the design altered in the Codex so future assassins didn't have to do it.

BiopulsePS3
09-30-2010, 02:31 AM
is malik a full assassin or just a recruit at the beginning, because in order to wear the hidden blade you need to be an full assassin. and did Darius have a hidden blade, because if he was the first assassin it might mean that the hidden blade was not invented yet. (these are all just my opinions, i have no idea what is the real explanation.)

Caligula__
09-30-2010, 02:34 AM
I think Darius was the first one to use the hidden blade and he and Malik didn't get their fingers cut off because they wear different clothing to Altair and therefore the blade is concealed and doesn't need that gap between the fingers (or something)

DarkicoN14
09-30-2010, 04:59 AM
no malik wears the same clothing as altair in solomons temple

LaCava1
09-30-2010, 06:05 AM
This is actually a good question... Maybe you could have missed it, because you don't have such a good shot of Malik before his hidden blade arm gets cut off.

NewBlade200
09-30-2010, 06:50 AM
maybe malik was an assassin that used a dagger and sword, rather than a hidden blade, you know, cause the assassins were all about free will?. the reason darius didnt have his cut off was maybe back then the blade didnt need a finger cut off and it only required a sacrifice after al mualim got control of things? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

FrankieSatt
09-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Ezio had his cut off in AC2 when he "Officially" joined the Assassins. I was under the impression that to be part of the Assassins you had to have it cut off.

That leads to another comment, related. I'm assuming that in the future, Desmond's time frame, cutting off the ring finger isn't nessecary since Desmond nor any of the others have theirs cut off.

Zokuno
09-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Ezio didn't have his finger cut off when he officially joined, they "branded" the Assassin's symbol on his finger.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091206214023/assassinscreed/images/thumb/4/48/Zw-ezio-seal.png/800px-Zw-ezio-seal.png

extrememuffin
09-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
Ezio had his cut off in AC2 when he "Officially" joined the Assassins. I was under the impression that to be part of the Assassins you had to have it cut off.

That leads to another comment, related. I'm assuming that in the future, Desmond's time frame, cutting off the ring finger isn't nessecary since Desmond nor any of the others have theirs cut off.
in AC1 Lucy shows you she had her finger cut off. although i dont know why because the hidden blade does not require it anymore. lucy probably had it cut off for another reason.

Abeonis
09-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by extrememuffin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

in AC1 Lucy shows you she had her finger cut off. although i dont know why because the hidden blade does not require it anymore. lucy probably had it cut off for another reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For crien' out loud. Lucy did not have her ring finger cut off... do you really think Abstergo would have employed her if she had?

extrememuffin
09-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by extrememuffin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

in AC1 Lucy shows you she had her finger cut off. although i dont know why because the hidden blade does not require it anymore. lucy probably had it cut off for another reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For crien' out loud. Lucy did not have her ring finger cut off... do you really think Abstergo would have employed her if she had? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
dude i just fricken played the game last night and she clearly showed you that she was missing her finger. also vidic is the only person that wanted to keep her alive

Pavan_NL
09-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Lucy was bending her finger...

And Ubisoft probably forgot to remove the ring finger of the other assassins.

notafanboy
09-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
he is not the same rank as altair
he has no sword,smaller dagger,no boot knives

DarkicoN14
09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
he is not the same rank as altair
he has no sword,smaller dagger,no boot knives </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but he does have a hidden blade, and i can clearly see he has all of his fingers in Solomons temple just have to pay attention

Rene_Led
09-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by extrememuffin:
dude i just fricken played the game last night and she clearly showed you that she was missing her finger.

<span class="ev_code_RED"> Lol If you really payed attention, like Pavan said, Lucy bends her finger. Besides she has all her fingers in Ac2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif</span>

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3023/243089-lucy1_large.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/15687/966735-800px_assassinscreed_lucy_stillman_1__super.png

DarkicoN14
09-30-2010, 12:12 PM
hmm i always thought it was cut but that didnt make much sense, logic is now restored

AubreyWilborn
09-30-2010, 12:58 PM
It's a slip-up on Ubisoft's part, that they forgot to remove the ring-fingers of a bunch of the other assasins in AC1. Also, if you guys will remember, in AC1 all of the Assasin informants lacked their ring fingers.

phil.llllll
09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
For crien' out loud. Lucy did not have her ring finger cut off... do you really think Abstergo would have employed her if she had?

Relax. Due to the way she had her finger bent and the low poly nature of her finger itself it's easy to see why a lot of people thought that.

DarkicoN14
09-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Relax. Due to the way she had her finger bent and the low poly nature of her finger itself it's easy to see why a lot of people thought that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> i thought it ^^

DeafAtheist
09-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Perhaps bending the finger as Lucy appears to have done in AC1 is hand gesture indicating that one is part of the Order by symbolizing the removal of the finger which was once done in the past. It's like a modern gang sign that says "I'm part of this group".

GarethNelson
09-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Perhaps bending the finger as Lucy appears to have done in AC1 is hand gesture indicating that one is part of the Order by symbolizing the removal of the finger which was once done in the past. It's like a modern gang sign that says "I'm part of this group".

Wow, really?
You mean it might actually indicate that someone we know is an assassin (a group that cut off the ring finger), is an assassin?

DeafAtheist
09-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by GarethNelson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Wow, really?
You mean it might actually indicate that someone we know is an assassin (a group that cut off the ring finger), is an assassin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need for sarcasm dude. The argument here was whether or not her finger was cut off. It's all speculation. Perhaps Ubisoft meant for the close up of her hand to show that it was actually cut off but made a mistake in showing the hand in other scenes with the finger intact.

Someone else argued that Abstergo wouldn't have hired her in the 1st place if it was really cut off, but that might not necessarily be true. I'm sure the Assassins could have hacked into her medical files and put a file in there that stated she lost the finger in a freak accident to throw off suspicion.

There's a lot of possibilities... I was just throwing out there that perhaps it was intact but it was a gesture that modern Assassins used to identify themselves with others in the Order they didn't know personally and didn't know that person was part of the Order

phil.llllll
10-01-2010, 12:30 AM

No need for sarcasm dude. The argument here was whether or not her finger was cut off. It's all speculation. Perhaps Ubisoft meant for the close up of her hand to show that it was actually cut off but made a mistake in showing the hand in other scenes with the finger intact.

Someone else argued that Abstergo wouldn't have hired her in the 1st place if it was really cut off, but that might not necessarily be true. I'm sure the Assassins could have hacked into her medical files and put a file in there that stated she lost the finger in a freak accident to throw off suspicion.

There's a lot of possibilities... I was just throwing out there that perhaps it was intact but it was a gesture that modern Assassins used to identify themselves with others in the Order they didn't know personally and didn't know that person was part of the Order

I don't know if they used it amongst themselves but you were correct the first time when you mentioned she just did it to show Desmond she was an Assassin. Considering he would have understood at that time that that is what she meant.

Also, it was confirmed by Corey May before AC2's release that she indeed wasn't missing the finger and it was just a gesture. As I mentioned earlier though it's easy to see how so many people were confused by that, and still are I'm sure.

Jortan
10-01-2010, 08:38 AM
I think Ubisoft slipped-up

GarethNelson
10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GarethNelson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Wow, really?
You mean it might actually indicate that someone we know is an assassin (a group that cut off the ring finger), is an assassin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's pretty certain that she hasn't got a missing finger as you can see it intact at various points throughout both games so far.

DeafAtheist
10-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by GarethNelson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GarethNelson:

Wow, really?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's pretty certain that she hasn't got a missing finger as you can see it intact at various points throughout both games so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems you missed what I typed it bold up there. So I put it in bold so you wouldn't miss it this time.

LaCava1
10-01-2010, 06:59 PM

Wow, really?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's pretty certain that she hasn't got a missing finger as you can see it intact at various points throughout both games so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems you missed what I typed it bold up there. So I put it in bold so you wouldn't miss it this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You make a valid argument, but i don't think Ubi would be stupid enough to have it "cut off" in one scene, but it intact in the rest of the game, and the second one. It is also confirmed that she just bends her finger.

DeafAtheist
10-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
You make a valid argument, but i don't think Ubi would be stupid enough to have it "cut off" in one scene, but it intact in the rest of the game, and the second one. It is also confirmed that she just bends her finger.

I realize that. I was just making a point about possibilities and that the whole thread here was a lot of speculation. AC1 they could have simply made a mistake showing Lucy's finger intact so they could have put it in AC2 that the scene that shows her apparently missing finger was just due to it being bent to correct the mistake. Or maybe it really was meant to be bent.

So my original post in this thread was adding to the speculation and Garath responded with sarcasm and I addressed that. And now the responses are getting off track because I wasn't saying those things actually happened I was simply showing different possibilities as an example of what could have happened.

LaCava1
10-01-2010, 08:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:

I realize that. I was just making a point about possibilities and that the whole thread here was a lot of speculation. AC1 they could have simply made a mistake showing Lucy's finger intact so they could have put it in AC2 that the scene that shows her apparently missing finger was just due to it being bent to correct the mistake. Or maybe it really was meant to be bent.

So my original post in this thread was adding to the speculation and Garath responded with sarcasm and addressed that. And now the responses are getting off track because I wasn't saying those things actually happened I was simply showing different possibilities as an example of what could have happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, okay. Got it. Sorry, bro.

DeafAtheist
10-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
Oh, okay. Got it. Sorry, bro.

It's cool. Wasn't ****ed at you or anything was just trying to clear up any misunderstandings.

SeminaD
04-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Regarding Altair's missing finger, maybe it was an accident?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Xanatos2007
04-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Let's leave the dead in peace. Mods?

Mr_Shade
04-11-2011, 04:03 AM
RIP