PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire variants...?

Stormer777
03-19-2005, 01:40 PM
The Spit VIII and Seafire have different (more slender) fuselages than the spits that were already in FB/AEP (i.e. the Vb, and IX). Is this just because of the two game versions that the 3d models were made a little different or is it historically accurate? Just wondering.

Stormer777
03-19-2005, 01:40 PM
The Spit VIII and Seafire have different (more slender) fuselages than the spits that were already in FB/AEP (i.e. the Vb, and IX). Is this just because of the two game versions that the 3d models were made a little different or is it historically accurate? Just wondering.

VW-IceFire
03-19-2005, 01:52 PM
The Seafire and Spitfire VIII are a bit more accurate than the previous versions.

Biggest reason is that Nyme worked for many months to perfect the shape. Gibbage did them much quicker...both efforts are superb but Nymes is ultimately a bit more accurate. Most people don't notice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ploughman
03-19-2005, 03:23 PM
The VIII is beautiful. I think the IX has the better performance (in game, the VIII seems to drop a wing a bit sooner in a turn) but I fly the VIII 99% of the time because she's just so elegant. If you view the plane in profile the line of the cowling from the cockpit to the prop is just divine. Externally, I think the VIII is the best Spit, but thanks to everyone who's contributed to making the Spit live for all of us in this game.

Apparrently, Mk IX Castle Bromwhich Spits had a different upper cowling profile to other factory Spits, with a bit of a kink 1/3rd of the way forward of the cockpit.