PDA

View Full Version : Maple's Fighter Stick Settings.

Maple_Tiger
03-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Well, after 3+ years of this sim, I wanted to share my sick settings.

We all know that the default for the X,Y, and Z values are 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100.

Anyway, most of us have changed our settings many times to achieve comfortable stick control.

Well, say good by to unrealistic settings.

Note, I use the CH FighterStick. Thus, some of you may not have the same software because of the different joystick.

Anyway, in the Control Manager version 4, Ch software, you can change the sensitivity for the X,Y, and Z values. Default is 100.

Any way, back to the stick settings. I'm using IL2 Stick to change the X, Y, and Z values. Guess what? I changed them all to 100 across the board.

Yes, I know, your thinking that it makes the joystick too sensitive. Your right, it does. However, in the CH Control Manager 4, you can change the sensitivity. I changed my X, Y, and Z from 100 to 72. I may even change it again to 75. Any way, my stick is not too sensitive now.

I just can't beleave how smooth it is.

Z4K
03-26-2006, 02:36 AM
Well I don't know about the rest of you, but my life is now complete.

Maple_Tiger
03-26-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm happy someone has benifited. But, that is what people in a community do - help each other out.

Tator_Totts
03-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi Maple. Since the last patch I went to 100% on everything. Last patch was great for me. Even can fly the P-51 with 100% settings. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Owlsphone
03-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Thank you so much for the tip...I just got a full CH setup and have been having trouble finding good settings and these work very well right from the start. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Now by Z axis do you mean rudder too? Because I have the pedals and only changed the stick inputs to 100. I guess what I'm asking is, should I make my rudder inputs to 100 also?

Maple_Tiger
03-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Z = rudder.

I set the Rudder to 100 across the board also. Don't forget the tone down the sensitivity. I'm thinking about 75 sensitivity.

Maple_Tiger
03-26-2006, 11:15 PM
I forgot, when I use the dead zone on the fighter stick, I don't get very precice control. Deppending on wich way I im rolling, the plane will keep rolling to the left or right a little. When I turned the dead zone to zero, the plane was very precice and didn't keep rolling. Don't know this is lol.

Owlsphone
03-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks a lot Maple, the stick settings are great.

Capt.LoneRanger
03-27-2006, 01:51 AM
This is new? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I fly with these settings for over a year, now?

Don_ULFonso
03-27-2006, 02:10 AM
You know that the sensitivity AKA response setting actually cuts off your analog range at the set setting, don't you? If you set the sensitivity AKA response to say 75%, then this means that your analog range will be cut off at 75%, and you cannot output the rest of the analog range from 75-100%! Just FYI, in case you've missed this.

Try rolling at the highest possible rate with such a limited range - you can yank the stick all the way to its full deflection, but you simply won't get anything more than 75% analog deflection.

Like I said: just FYI, in case you should have missed this info in the manual.

Maple_Tiger
03-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
This is new? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I fly with these settings for over a year, now?

It may not be new to you. However, for some it is.

Maple_Tiger
03-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Don_ULFonso:
You know that the sensitivity AKA response setting actually cuts off your analog range at the set setting, don't you? If you set the sensitivity AKA response to say 75%, then this means that your analog range will be cut off at 75%, and you cannot output the rest of the analog range from 75-100%! Just FYI, in case you've missed this.

Try rolling at the highest possible rate with such a limited range - you can yank the stick all the way to its full deflection, but you simply won't get anything more than 75% analog deflection.

Like I said: just FYI, in case you should have missed this info in the manual.

Me thinks you is right lol. Oh well, I don't need full pitch deflection anyway. As long as the over all control is as smooth as a smoothy, I'm happy.

I'm thinking of changing the sensitivity of the roll to 80 now. I will probably end up setting it to 100 when I'm done.