PDA

View Full Version : Anything new about the personal assassin ?

ghfdfgf
11-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Been wondering what the personal assassin is and what they do for ezio for awhile now. What do you guys think.

Rakudaton
11-06-2010, 09:13 AM
In the Cesare Borgia trailer, it shows Ezio on a roof with Machiavelli and another guy who is wearing the exact same robes as Ezio (plus equipment such as a crossbow). I reckon this is the personal assassin. This is all we really know about it.

*WARNING!! Speculation alert*
Everything that follows is my own pure speculation.

I think you will be able to designate a "personal assassin" at any point when you don't have one already set; once set it can only be undone by their death. The assassin gets the ability to level up to one level BEYOND the norm for your apprentices and at that level they get your robes. They can use special items such as crossbow, double hidden blades, and the gun. They have their own BAM token - they are not partnered with anyone.

The personal assassin, however, does seem to be tied in to the story (seeing as the footage of him with machiavelli is clearly scripted), so I think your first assassin recruited will automatically become the first "personal assassin". I don't think we'll know anything for sure until the game is actually released.

/speculation :P

ghfdfgf
11-06-2010, 09:17 AM
cool. could you put up the link for the cesare trailer of you could please. ?

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 09:19 AM
I know i saw that. It looks amazing to say the least

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 09:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmNn5jfoUH0

right there buddy my favorite trailer... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

iProIroniclast
11-06-2010, 09:24 AM
The 'personal assassin' isn't Ezio's assitant. He was the leader of the Brotherhood before Ezio. I'm not sure of his name?

SPOLIER! HIGHLIGHT TO SEE!!
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">During the last battle with Cesear Borgia, it is the leader of the Brotherhood (before Ezio) who actually kills Cesear, then Ezio himself!</span>

ghfdfgf
11-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by RBBoydo:
The 'personal assassin' isn't Ezio's assitant. He was the leader of the Brotherhood before Ezio. I'm not sure of his name?

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">During the last battle with Cesear Borgia, it is the leader of the Brotherhood (before Ezio) who actually kills Cesear, then Ezio himself!</span>

Sounds kinda weird. Ezio's personal assassin killing him. Where did you find that out?

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 09:35 AM
wait hold the phone...no i said hold the phone!ezio dies to another assassin?! humbug!!! and this guy would have to be 80 to be the leader "before" ezio...idk bout that one bud...can we get a link?

McAwesomeSauce
11-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Naow, i have heard (i am pretty sure it was a UbiGabe tweet) that you can't make an assasin your personal assassin until he is lvl 10.

venG417
11-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
In the Cesare Borgia trailer, it shows Ezio on a roof with Machiavelli and another guy who is wearing the exact same robes as Ezio (plus equipment such as a crossbow). I reckon this is the personal assassin. This is all we really know about it.

I'm pretty sure this is a master assassin, as in, one of the Brotherhood that has been upraded to level 10.

itsamea-mario
11-06-2010, 09:47 AM
it might not actually be storyline based. it may just be a cutscene, with no real relevance to story.
though i would hope the personal assassin is important to the story, (though that may mean they are invincible?)

and RBBoydo, NO.

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by venG417:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

bang there is ur proof http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif yay.

I'm pretty sure this is a master assassin, as in, one of the Brotherhood that has been upraded to level 10. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CRUDFACE
11-06-2010, 03:26 PM
I heard that the assassins that dress like Ezio and perform the leap of faith reach the rank of master assassin...so they're may be multiple scenes like that

magesupermaster
11-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I think that the ones who are level 10 are called 'Elite Assassins'..

CRUDFACE
11-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
I think that the ones who are level 10 are called 'Elite Assassins'..

lol, like the ones in Project Legacy. They remind me of how cool I look without armor...but the armor looks really cool in this game. I heard that Ezio can hear the last words of assassins that permanantly die.

Maybe he gets the bracer (not the blade) on his other arm from a downed master assassin since it's only one per master.

Rakudaton
11-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I heard that the assassins that dress like Ezio and perform the leap of faith reach the rank of master assassin...so they're may be multiple scenes like that

You, sir, are a genius. I forgot how Ezio made a ceremonial leap of faith when he became an official assassin. I would love it if there was a big ceremony in anointing your personal assassin, and I reckon this is it. I REALLY hope you're right.

I heard that Ezio can hear the last words of assassins that permanantly die.

Yep, I'm looking forward to that. Good way to send off a faithful comrade. But then again, how awkard would it be?

"Um, yes. Sorry about that - you know, sending you in with only a dagger to fight those eight papal guards, having had no training and only having joined yesterday. So, um, yeah... sorry. Bye bye buddy."

I reckon there'll just be a good old:

"Requiescat in pace..."

CRUDFACE
11-06-2010, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I heard that the assassins that dress like Ezio and perform the leap of faith reach the rank of master assassin...so they're may be multiple scenes like that

You, sir, are a genius. I forgot how Ezio made a ceremonial leap of faith when he became an official assassin. I would love it if there was a big ceremony in anointing your personal assassin, and I reckon this is it. I REALLY hope you're right.

I heard that Ezio can hear the last words of assassins that permanantly die.

Yep, I'm looking forward to that. Good way to send off a faithful comrade. But then again, how awkard would it be?

"Um, yes. Sorry about that - you know, sending you in with only a dagger to fight those eight papal guards, having had no training and only having joined yesterday. So, um, yeah... sorry. Bye bye buddy."

I reckon there'll just be a good old:

"Requiescat in pace..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I'm kind of wondering if you can gain skill points and exp for your assassins only through missions, or if they get some from hanging around Ezio. Those special words should lead to like a really cool quest, like a last request from their master. If not, I better cry from one of them.

MCB280
11-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by flyryassassin:
wait hold the phone...no i said hold the phone!ezio dies to another assassin?! humbug!!! and this guy would have to be 80 to be the leader "before" ezio...idk bout that one bud...can we get a link?
What ezio cannot die do you mean Cesear they would not make him die and any way ezio should be the one who kills Cesear and the last influence of the Borgia since he did destroy your family Villa and killed his zio(uncle)(if you seen the gameplay of the villa) right in front of him not as bad as his Cesear father did to ezio who kill his 2 brothers and father right in front of him. so Ezio should the right of killing Cesear Borgia or any Borgia if not and Ezio dies i will be extremely ANGRY.
The personal Assassin should be like Ezio but not as good he should be able to hold swords, war hammers, small weapons and heavy weapons.
i got a question about the Assassins recruit can they get Crossbows and bows and arrows?

CRUDFACE
11-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by RBBoydo:

Dude, that's impossible. Ezio is used as a memory passed down by this chidren. So if he has yet to have Desmond's next ancestor, he hasn't died yet. The memory only ends once he has his kid, so you would never see the death of an ancestor through genetic memory.

CRUDFACE
11-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by MCB280:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyryassassin:
What ezio cannot die do you mean Cesear they would not make him die and any way ezio should be the one who kills Cesear and the last influence of the Borgia since he did destroy your family Villa and killed his zio(uncle)(if you seen the gameplay of the villa) right in front of him not as bad as his Cesear father did to ezio who kill his 2 brothers and father right in front of him. so Ezio should the right of killing Cesear Borgia or any Borgia if not and Ezio dies i will be extremely ANGRY.
The personal Assassin should be like Ezio but not as good he should be able to hold swords, war hammers, small weapons and heavy weapons.
i got a question about the Assassins recruit can they get Crossbows and bows and arrows? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the double post, but apprentices get their weapons changed every time you use a skill point to level them up. Like at first they'll have a dagger as their main weapon, then at the end, they have an axe. Oh, and yes, they can weild bows and arrows.

I guess the personal assassin is just stronger than the others. All I know for right now.

muzzyb
11-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MCB280:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyryassassin:
i got a question about the Assassins recruit can they get Crossbows and bows and arrows? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the double post, but apprentices get their weapons changed every time you use a skill point to level them up. Like at first they'll have a dagger as their main weapon, then at the end, they have an axe. Oh, and yes, they can weild bows and arrows.

I guess the personal assassin is just stronger than the others. All I know for right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I'm pretty sure you have to spend the XP the assassins gain on missions to upgrade their weapons. Just like armour and gadgets.

CRUDFACE
11-06-2010, 06:02 PM
okay, so I looked over some gameplay and found out that you get like one SP by completing a contract and exp divided by the number of assassins you send.

muzzyb
11-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
okay, so I looked over some gameplay and found out that you get like one SP by completing a contract and exp divided by the number of assassins you send.

SP?

salted onions
11-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Out of curiosity, where was it said that confirmed that Ezio has a personal assassin along with the Brotherhood?

CRUDFACE
11-06-2010, 06:26 PM
They talked about it somewhere...crap, sucks that I can't remember something so vital. SP stands for Skill Points. Look up the Gamescon gameplay, the one that's near 7 minutes long or a little over it.

MCB280
11-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Hey t260z thanks for telling me that and i though SP meant single player.
some of the brotherhood guild missions (contract for the recruits assassins) actually have their our little story and kill people who actually lived in that time and who might have been Templars and so on

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 08:45 PM

no i was disagreeing with him, Ezio..in no way can die bc that wouldnt allow you to replay memories. which (ubi confirms) you will be able to do.

MCB280
11-06-2010, 08:59 PM
and that also means Ezio should be the one to kill Cesear and not the guild member but i have heard about the old guild master since it only started when Ezio and Machiavelli so the old guild master would be Machiavelli and i dare say he would give Ezio the Chance to kill Cesear and he would not take that away from him and the Brotherhood members would not take that away from Ezio.

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Yea...that guys comment was just crazy. totally false.

CRUDFACE
11-06-2010, 09:22 PM
and that also means Ezio should be the one to kill Cesear and not the guild member but i have heard about the old guild master since it only started when Ezio and Machiavelli so the old guild master would be Machiavelli and i dare say he would give Ezio the Chance to kill Cesear and he would not take that away from him and the Brotherhood members would not take that away from Ezio.

I always thought of Mach and Ezio basically being teachers around the same subject. Ezio does the actually killing and guiding while Mach teaches the apprentices the basics of going stab-stab

Your welcome MCB280, always trying to help...eventually, lol

dchil279
11-06-2010, 09:32 PM
could someone please provide evidence of a "personal Assassin" because so far what is written on this thread is all nonsense.

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah, it isn't mentioned on the official website as far as I know. I thought I had looked at that pretty thoroughly. Are you guys judging this from a picture, and a rumor, or is there an article somewhere?

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by McAwesomeSauce:
Naow, i have heard (i am pretty sure it was a UbiGabe tweet) that you can't make an assasin your personal assassin until he is lvl 10.

there u go...read the first page plz

dchil279
11-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by flyryassassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McAwesomeSauce:

there u go...read the first page plz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i wouldn't call that evidence (hint: link)

Viperkill101
11-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McAwesomeSauce:

there u go...read the first page plz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i wouldn't call that evidence (hint: link) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I don't know that I would believe any of this. My advice would be to take it with a grain of salt until you find a tangible evidence source that isn't speculation or a possible rumor.

Account_Deleted
11-07-2010, 12:52 AM
unless the guy is just a decoy ....

Blazingdomino
11-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by muzzyb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MCB280:

I guess the personal assassin is just stronger than the others. All I know for right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I'm pretty sure you have to spend the XP the assassins gain on missions to upgrade their weapons. Just like armour and gadgets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Like you can choose for them to use swords, blades, bows, or axes or what ever.
So, at the start, they could have a dagger, rusty short blade or a crappai sword or hatchet, but as they gain XP, they get better quality weopons. And I also think that helping build up blacksmiths might give them better armor?

EzioAssassin51
11-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
unless the guy is just a decoy ....

That's exactly what I've been thinking. I doubt Ezio would make the master assassins look exactly like him...

euphoria-boy
11-07-2010, 02:16 AM
guys you are all wrong gabe said on twitter that once one of the tweleve assassins r you recruit reaches lvl 10 they become masters and get his robes so all twelve can become masters

CRUDFACE
11-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Blazingdomino:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muzzyb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Actually, I'm pretty sure you have to spend the XP the assassins gain on missions to upgrade their weapons. Just like armour and gadgets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Like you can choose for them to use swords, blades, bows, or axes or what ever.
So, at the start, they could have a dagger, rusty short blade or a crappai sword or hatchet, but as they gain XP, they get better quality weopons. And I also think that helping build up blacksmiths might give them better armor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's more like you just keep evolving the weapon to the next one in line. Like once you get their weapon rank up all the way, then they'll simply keep using that weapon, since their was no option to change the main weapon when the guy showed the customization off. But the equipment, such as hidden blades smoke bombs and bows can be switched...and/or probably added. The armor is simply, push more skill points into it and they'll eventually be wearing some gleaming plate armor. Nice and silver to lol.

Idk, I think the blacksmith is only targeted at Ezio, while he in turn changes the apprentices.

You know, I wonder if they keep the armor and weapons you give them once they reach master assassin. Or are they too good for my stuff!? Jk, probably going to keep the weapons and equipment along with the defense scores of the armor.

OMG, I just thought of all my assassins going into a group leap of faith...and we are all Master Assassins! *faints*

CRUDFACE
11-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Blazingdomino:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muzzyb:

So, at the start, they could have a dagger, rusty short blade or a crappai sword or hatchet, but as they gain XP, they get better quality weopons. And I also think that helping build up blacksmiths might give them better armor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's more like you just keep evolving the weapon to the next one in line. Like once you get their weapon rank up all the way, then they'll simply keep using that weapon, since their was no option to change the main weapon when the guy showed the customization off. But the equipment, such as hidden blades smoke bombs and bows can be switched...and/or probably added. The armor is simply, push more skill points into it and they'll eventually be wearing some gleaming plate armor. Nice and silver to lol.

Idk, I think the blacksmith is only targeted at Ezio, while he in turn changes the apprentices.

You know, I wonder if they keep the armor and weapons you give them once they reach master assassin. Or are they too good for my stuff!? Jk, probably going to keep the weapons and equipment along with the defense scores of the armor.

OMG, I just thought of all my assassins going into a group leap of faith...and we are all Master Assassins! *faints*

Sparty2020
11-07-2010, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by euphoria-boy:
guys you are all wrong gabe said on twitter that once one of the tweleve assassins r you recruit reaches lvl 10 they become masters and get his robes so all twelve can become masters I believe that but we're discussing Ezio's own elite personal assassin. I am extremely curious about this personal assassin since he was announced.

CRUDFACE
11-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by euphoria-boy:
guys you are all wrong gabe said on twitter that once one of the tweleve assassins r you recruit reaches lvl 10 they become masters and get his robes so all twelve can become masters

Hey, lol, I said that! The only thing I dind't know back then was that lvl 10 was when it happened. SO no personal assassin? Aww, I mean, Ezio technically can have more than one and up following him around all the time.

notafanboy
11-07-2010, 05:56 AM
for those who donīt know
http://i54.tinypic.com/2z8516r.jpg

WackoJacko_7
11-07-2010, 06:38 AM

I think you will be able to designate a "personal assassin" at any point when you don't have one already set; once set it can only be undone by their death. The assassin gets the ability to level up to one level BEYOND the norm for your apprentices and at that level they get your robes. They can use special items such as crossbow, double hidden blades, and the gun. They have their own BAM token - they are not partnered with anyone.

The personal assassin, however, does seem to be tied in to the story (seeing as the footage of him with machiavelli is clearly scripted), so I think your first assassin recruited will automatically become the first "personal assassin". I don't think we'll know anything for sure until the game is actually released.

Good Speculation , but this is mine :P

I think that the two ezio's is for a mission, you can plainly tell which is which due to ezio having better armour, but a guard or even Caesure would not.

But anyway .... I think that this one Assassin's you will aquire first through a mission and not just saving a citizen, and i think he will never die during the game becausehe is used at the end. You see ( in the same video ) Caesure looking of a building with 4 Papal guards surrounding him, and as the camera goes up you see 'Ezio's feet', well i thin these feet is 'the second ezio' i thinbk he was will ing to give his life by it being taken by Caesure So Ezio can get to him easier.

If any1 is getting me still ....

Although we also know they fight and maybe die in spain, i think that previous mission just speculated fails and he doesn't quite get to Ceasure.

Thats my thourght :P

PhiIs1618033
11-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
for those who donīt know
Higher res for analysis.
http://i56.tinypic.com/1115bx1.png

Sparty2020
11-07-2010, 07:43 AM
MY EYES! GAH, IT BURNS!! KILL IT, KILL IT!!!

CRUDFACE
11-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by WackoJacko_7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Good Speculation , but this is mine :P

I think that the two ezio's is for a mission, you can plainly tell which is which due to ezio having better armour, but a guard or even Caesure would not.

But anyway .... I think that this one Assassin's you will aquire first through a mission and not just saving a citizen, and i think he will never die during the game becausehe is used at the end. You see ( in the same video ) Caesure looking of a building with 4 Papal guards surrounding him, and as the camera goes up you see 'Ezio's feet', well i thin these feet is 'the second ezio' i thinbk he was will ing to give his life by it being taken by Caesure So Ezio can get to him easier.

If any1 is getting me still ....

Although we also know they fight and maybe die in spain, i think that previous mission just speculated fails and he doesn't quite get to Ceasure.

Thats my thourght :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you call them the two Ezio's? It's Ezio and his apprentice. The feet were probably Ezio's since they kept talking about him when they showed them. Anyways, he could be a special one since it was an event, but we know at lvl 10 they get master status and have the robes then, so they all might go through this.

But like you said, it is all speculation for now.

McAwesomeSauce
11-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Look at the pretty, pretty, pretty picture.

WTF IS WRONG WITH HIS HAND? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

davo1270
11-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
for those who donīt know

you know what would be funny, if Machiavelli just randomly charged for Ezio #2 and pushed him off http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

NuclearFuss
11-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by McAwesomeSauce:
Look at the pretty, pretty, pretty picture.

WTF IS WRONG WITH HIS HAND? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Well spotted. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

xoxosAk
11-21-2010, 11:06 PM
ok first of all Ezio's PERSONAL ASSASSIN will have a DUAL BLADE! a DUAL BLADE!

CRUDFACE
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by xoxosAk:
ok first of all Ezio's PERSONAL ASSASSIN will have a DUAL BLADE! a DUAL BLADE!

there is no personal assassin...