PDA

View Full Version : So...AC3? :)

Oronra1989
02-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Dunno about you, but I'm willing to trust Ubi and say ACB had 'nothing' to do with AC3 and forget it never happened.
I don't know what it is about Ubi, they make THE best games I've ever played like Prince of Persia and Anno and Assassin's Creed...but they've ruined my entire liking of them now, I play the older ones because the new ones are so awful.

So...AC3? The story in Brotherhood was passable if nothing compared to AC2, the Multiplayer was pointless but hey, people like it, all yours boys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The combat was childishly simple and boring, although the grappling and crossbows and darts were a nice touch. And the enemy still aren't aggresive enough although they're better, I hate waiting and love fighting fast and fearless :P

The money system became pointless after about half-hour, when you can afford everything it becomes boring. In AC2 it had it perfect, you should never be rich so early, he only owns/owned a villa yeh know.

The horseplay was farrr better, although you should leave out the jump and flip stuff, he's never had that much muscle, if he did he'd be a far faster climber.

The syncronization was the most annoying part, please forget that for AC3. All this "You MUST do it like this!" rubbish just bugged me, I ignored it in the end.
If he did it like this and I did it my way, then I'm a farrr better assassin than he'll ever be, some of them involve me running upto a horseman with 50 blokes watching and escaping without getting an arrow in the head...stupid.

The Assassins you recruit are way too good, I become pointless because they do everything for me. Not to mention there wasn't a time frame for ACB so he must've done it over tens of years to get them trained and not aged...

The inclusion of Items...hmmm...rather pointless. In the end I just sold everything but the 10 or 20 items the shops needed. Another excuse to have tons of money.

I liked the Tombs just like I liked them in AC2, but in AC2 they had a meaning. In ACB he's after a legendary suit of armor which he heard about from some passing peasant...come-on only archivists and old dottery gits would know anything about that. Not to mention that the armor looks like a red nun's outfit, he didn't even blend in with the Cardinals in that.

I'm hoping for a farrrrrr better AC3 now you know what works and what doesn't, I have faith in you Ubi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ass4ssin8me
02-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I agree on every point. Other than the Desmond parts ACB wasn't that great for me =(

This will probably get locked sadly, for the ACB and Beyond thread. Although I hate that thread, as everybody changes topic etc etc etc.

LordWolv
02-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Uh.. ACB is completely relevant to the story. Not the bits in the animus, but the desmond bits. If you didn't play ACB because you wanted to stick to the sequence, in ACIII you'd have no idea what was happening.

Ru1986
02-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Some retty opinnion based points there. Not sure were you come to these conclusions from but i certainly do not share your opinions. Lock this.

magesupermaster
02-04-2011, 04:11 AM
You must keep in mind that AC3 may or may not retain gameplay aspects that were presented in the previous games.

You don't know what will happen in AC3 so you can't just dictate the developers what to do and what not.

Mr_Shade
02-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Hi There,

if you want to chat about future games, plot lines or gameplay features - please use the ongoing thread.

Assassin's Creed 3 - and beyond (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)