PDA

View Full Version : What, I can't beleaive this.

CrossWire1969
05-16-2005, 12:05 PM
I come on here the other day and everyone's talking about how great this game is, so of I go and orders it from Play.com. Then I come on today and everyone's saying how bad and bugged it is. I never have any luck.

The Avon Lady
05-16-2005, 12:09 PM
It's a great game!

There's an argument whether to patch to 1.2 or 1.3. Read and decide. Personally, I'm staying at 1.2, waiting to jump to 1.4.

Other people have hardware/software conflicts. Either you do or you don't. Install play and see. If you don't, we expect not to hear from you again until your return from the mid-Atlantic. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tyke909
05-16-2005, 12:12 PM
SH3 like most games these days has its fair share of bugs, but in general I don't regret the 18 I spent buying it from Play.com.

Personally I have avoided 1.3 patch and am playing happily with 1.2.

CrossWire1969
05-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Nice one, thanks. You have made me feel a bit better. I will take your advice and keep it at 1.2 till 1.4, from what Ive read it's the way to go. Hopefully I should have it tomorrow morning. Ha, I put years of my life into Silent service.

ag1266
05-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Play.com? I'd guess you were 17.99 for it? Even at normal retail which is twice that price and above I'll guarantee you'll get more than your money's worth out of it. Stick with 1.2 for now and providing your machine is up to spec you'll get hours and hours of enjoyment out of it.

AdEridanus
05-16-2005, 06:16 PM
My general rule of thumb with a forum is to read it for a week or so to get a decent idea of how the game may be. The mood of posts around here (and most other forums) change with the tides. If you were to take all of the posts in a single day, you might get the picture that SH3 is the best sub game that sucks so bad and wonderfully is great woot. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I think you'll enjoy SH3.