PDA

View Full Version : A stupid question, but...

Propfighter
01-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Hi, how's everyone going?

I got one tiny question that'll doubtless cause all of you to fall over yourself in laughter, but I'll ask it anyway. When you're starting a new dynamic career, in the screen where you put your home town, date of birth, what airplanes to fly, you also get to choose which squadron you want to be a part of.

So what's the question? What effect does the squadron you choose have on gameplay or the way the campaigns go? I know there are some famous squadrons out there (such as the Marines "Black Sheep" or the Navy VF-3 "Felix the Cat") but is there any effect at all when you join this or that squadron?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Propfighter
01-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Hi, how's everyone going?

I got one tiny question that'll doubtless cause all of you to fall over yourself in laughter, but I'll ask it anyway. When you're starting a new dynamic career, in the screen where you put your home town, date of birth, what airplanes to fly, you also get to choose which squadron you want to be a part of.

So what's the question? What effect does the squadron you choose have on gameplay or the way the campaigns go? I know there are some famous squadrons out there (such as the Marines "Black Sheep" or the Navy VF-3 "Felix the Cat") but is there any effect at all when you join this or that squadron?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Fox_3
01-08-2006, 07:09 AM
In my experience no effect what so ever.

Propfighter
01-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Maybe you're right, or maybe it just effects where your base is on the map... or it could not.

Yeah, maybe that. You see, I played the Coral Sea campaign with both the Lexington and the Enterprise and I've noticed that the places they were on the map were somewhat different, but I don't think it was that way at all on the Midway map at all.