PDA

View Full Version : How well I liked the game

chromaghost
07-04-2009, 03:36 AM
I just wanted to say thank you and that the whole team behind this game did a awesome job. I loved this game. I thought that coj 1 was good but this one blew it out of the water. I really don't have any problems with the game like other people do. I think the voice acting, gameplay, and story were all amazing. I really hope they are going to be making a new game soon. This setting is so untouched in the game world, it's a shame. I wish there were more games as good as this. Great Job Ubisoft and techland! Does anyone agree with me?

chromaghost
07-04-2009, 03:36 AM
I just wanted to say thank you and that the whole team behind this game did a awesome job. I loved this game. I thought that coj 1 was good but this one blew it out of the water. I really don't have any problems with the game like other people do. I think the voice acting, gameplay, and story were all amazing. I really hope they are going to be making a new game soon. This setting is so untouched in the game world, it's a shame. I wish there were more games as good as this. Great Job Ubisoft and techland! Does anyone agree with me?

sleepingcobra
07-04-2009, 03:44 AM
I think it's very good, too. My only real complaint is that I wish it were just a little more open. It feels just a little too much like a shooting gallery.

That being said, this game is easily an 8 out of 10.

Doc.Canis
07-04-2009, 04:31 AM
The game is brilliant. It beats CoD in my opinion because of the gun balance, accuracy of guns and the core mechanics of the gameplay.

Still there are a few things missing that REALLY needs to be patched in (on the PS3 at least, but also the 360 I guess)

- Voice comms going silent randomly durring matches.

- Ranked matches disconnecting you from PSN. This only happends when you start the actual ranked match... never in the warmup game. It says there is a problem with my connection to PSN... but there is no problem, because I am connected to PSN just fine.

- Password for private unranked games!

- Ability to change game mode when hosting unranked games, without having to quit and start a new game.

Kingmunx
07-04-2009, 06:24 AM
The game in it self is quite good, but to me it does not look like they spent nearly enough time balancing the multiplayer side.
And bug testing the stagecoach bug in particular...

Sniper is a pretty good example of to little testing, it has no recoil and 100% still when in scope. And then theres the natives whos bow is actualy same speed as the sniper rifle, but less damage and slower which means harder to hit with.. they should have a melee knife/axe as a secondary or a faster bow.

The game does not beat CoD in my opinion, but It could have.

Doc.Canis
07-04-2009, 06:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kingmunx:
The game in it self is quite good, but to me it does not look like they spent nearly enough time balancing the multiplayer side.
And bug testing the stagecoach bug in particular...

Sniper is a pretty good example of to little testing, it has no recoil and 100% still when in scope. And then theres the natives whos bow is actualy same speed as the sniper rifle, but less damage and slower which means harder to hit with.. they should have a melee knife/axe as a secondary or a faster bow.

The game does not beat CoD in my opinion, but It could have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weapon balance is perfect. You just need to play your class right. Don't try to take on snipers from afar when using pistols. An unscoped rifle is perfectly accurate as well. Unless I make a stupid move into the open, snipers aren't a problem and they certainly don't get any more kills than I do as a hombre or rifleman.

The bow is fantastic when you learn to use it. One shot kills and stealthy. Perfectly accurate at all times. Against moving targets far away it's not your ideal weapon however.

CommieRed1975
07-04-2009, 01:39 PM
I see great potential in a CoJ Western RPG or GTA style game. The engine in the open levels certainly shows it can make massive areas. I'd love it to be a kind of 'alternate reality' to the story CoJ so that you can have Ray as a character in the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

s-a-l-t-y
07-04-2009, 02:53 PM
In my opinion.......the very first SUCCESSFUL consolized PC game published by UBI.

BTOG46
07-04-2009, 03:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_Monk-:
In my opinion.......the very first SUCCESSFUL consolized PC game published by UBI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never thought I'd ever see you make a post like that Monk. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

*faints with shock*

s-a-l-t-y
07-04-2009, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_Monk-:
In my opinion.......the very first SUCCESSFUL consolized PC game published by UBI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never thought I'd ever see you make a post like that Monk. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

*faints with shock* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might be vocal about UBI's failings, I do like to think however, that I'm fair enough to be just as vocal when something is good! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SeaFireLIV
07-04-2009, 04:31 PM
They really need to get rid of Auto-Aim on the PC which sometimes kicks in annoyingly (no I don`t need the help) and give us an option to reduce/get rid of the cross hair. An offline Singleplayer COOP version of the multiplayer with BOTS would be great as well since this would give the game longevity for Offliners.

Not a bad game though.

xBLACK_JACKx
07-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Concerning multiplyer, it can be a lot of fun but there is definite room for improvement. I just hope the developers are willing to make some improvements.