PDA

View Full Version : Recon Manual in game different 2 E3 Demo

stevenwhiting
03-20-2005, 01:56 PM
In the E3 movie you could choose different compartments on the recon manual before firing. I can't find any option in game that allows this. Why would they remove this feature?

stevenwhiting
03-20-2005, 01:56 PM
In the E3 movie you could choose different compartments on the recon manual before firing. I can't find any option in game that allows this. Why would they remove this feature?

hfodf
03-20-2005, 03:44 PM
When you open it, the bottom right has some small buttons, click those to change the title (warships, merchants, etc). Click the title to open to book.

stevenwhiting
03-20-2005, 05:20 PM
No its not that. Watch the E3 demo and your know what I mean. You click on the manual, ID your ship and a tick appears in the box. When you click this tick, on the button of the hull on the pictures of the ships, should appear small square sections that idicate different parts of the ship, i.e engine room etc etc. Then when you click on one, the weapon guy will aim for that.

But in the release version it doesn't seem to appear so I'm wondering if they took this out and why?

erikkai66
03-20-2005, 06:52 PM
From what I gather, it's in there, but a bug or something causes it not to be used. Although I haven't experienced it firsthand, other posters have described using the system briefly.

Sure wish I could.

stevenwhiting
03-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Yeah looked usefull in the demo. Wonder if they're fixing this.

Mix-Martes86
03-21-2005, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevenwhiting:
No its not that. Watch the E3 demo and your know what I mean. You click on the manual, ID your ship and a tick appears in the box. When you click this tick, on the button of the hull on the pictures of the ships, should appear small square sections that idicate different parts of the ship, i.e engine room etc etc. Then when you click on one, the weapon guy will aim for that.

But in the release version it doesn't seem to appear so I'm wondering if they took this out and why? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a feature of the easy mode. If you are in a high realism mode, you may not get this.

stevenwhiting
03-21-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm only on 37% realism with auto targeting so I'm sure I'm on easy enough but still it doesn't come up.

Frederf220
03-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Apperantly it's only if you get real close?