PDA

View Full Version : help with backing up il2

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 09:12 PM
2 pronged question here

1) i need to reformat, so are there any good tutorials or faqs or checklists out there for a first timer?

2) what files do i need to back up so that i can play il2 exactly as it is now after i reformat? i have my config.ini, newview files, and X45 profile burned to a cd, but i have no idea what files to save to continue in my campaigns. any way to find which ones i need for campaigns, and any other files i may be missing?

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 09:12 PM
2 pronged question here

1) i need to reformat, so are there any good tutorials or faqs or checklists out there for a first timer?

2) what files do i need to back up so that i can play il2 exactly as it is now after i reformat? i have my config.ini, newview files, and X45 profile burned to a cd, but i have no idea what files to save to continue in my campaigns. any way to find which ones i need for campaigns, and any other files i may be missing?

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Personally I use Il2 FB on another hard drive than the windows partition. When I reformat I have no problem playing again, all I need is create a new shortcut on my desktop to access the game file. So I think you could just save the FB folder like this. It works for me.

Nic

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 11:07 PM
Configuration files you need to save are...

"conf.ini" & "rcu" in your basic FB folder.

"settings.ini" is your control input file in ...\Users\doe.

"rcu" is especially nasty to redo cos its the bizzare commands for the dot range settings.

Also don't forget to copy all your "missions.mis" files in the mission folder if you got some cool missions.

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Hi Timmothias

Ok config.ini and settings.ini that's right but you've got to save your entire User's folders in order to "resurrect" your pilots.

Make a backup of the missions's folder (important pilot status files) and paintschemes's if you have downloaded any skins. Don't forget your records folder, unless you have some nasty memories to throw away.

Well that should do the trick, believe i have made this procedure at least 3 times (while tryng to make the final patch work /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ) without any trouble.

Good flight to you !

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 02:03 PM
just copy the whole FB folder itself.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_01.jpg