PDA

View Full Version : Oleg - a question and offer to you

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Hello Oleg.

I am shortly to start my summer hols, and have noticed that the 1.2beta has a large number of US squadrons (from the other chap's work), and comparatively few RAF squadrons.

Will any more be added, and if not, what do you need (information-wise) to have done to make a squadron? I have a good amount of material here to work with.

Please let me know. With the Spitfire, Whirlwind, Tempest and Typhoon in development, I think it would be appreciated by many.

Regards,

Owl_NZ

----------------------------------------

Beauty is only skin deep. Ugly, on the other hand goes all the way to the
bone.

Lt.Percy: "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do ?"
Blackadder: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Hello Oleg.

I am shortly to start my summer hols, and have noticed that the 1.2beta has a large number of US squadrons (from the other chap's work), and comparatively few RAF squadrons.

Will any more be added, and if not, what do you need (information-wise) to have done to make a squadron? I have a good amount of material here to work with.

Please let me know. With the Spitfire, Whirlwind, Tempest and Typhoon in development, I think it would be appreciated by many.

Regards,

Owl_NZ

bone.

Blackadder: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Bump to keep it in sight of Oleg.

bone.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Bumped for Oleg's attention.

bone.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 10:02 AM

bone.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 11:20 AM
I feel kinda bad watching you bump your own post, so I'll bump it too... Even though I don't have an opinion on the matter.. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/Fehler.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks very much Fehler. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Hopefully Oleg will reply it and I can stop bumping it. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

bone.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Bump!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:12 PM
I agree with this. Even though I'm an American, the RAF held the Luftwaffe at bay long before the Americans ever considered war as an option.

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>It's your fault... <center>
Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW
http://www.uploadit.org/files/220903-Boosher%20Sig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Bump /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Good idea !!

I'm a Canadian and would like to have more RAF squads out there.

S~

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 11:46 PM
Thank you very much VW-IceFire, Boosher-PBNA & WUAF_Gen_Falco. Nice to see some interest in this. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Let us hope Oleg agrees and we might see a bit more representation for the RAF in FB. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

All we need now is for the man himself to reply. Please Oleg. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

bone.

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 04:26 AM
Bump so it's back near the top of the pile for Oleg to see.

bone.

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 04:58 AM
Bump.

We have a discussion going in the other forum about the lack of Canadian Squadrons:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=ywada

Here's some info:

The RCAF expanded to become the fourth largest Allied air force with 93,844 personnel. Think about that! After Britan, the USSR and the USA, we have Canada. More planes than the French, Poles, the Dutch, etc...

Nearly 60 percent of RCAF personnel were with RAF squadrons. The RCAF contribution to the Royal Air Force was significant . At least one in four fighter pilots in the Battle of Malta was from Canada as were one-fifth of Coastal Command's Aircrew. At the end of the war, almost a quarter of Bomber Command's aircrew were from the RCAF.

In addition, the RCAF fielded 12 fighter squadrons and 14 bomber squadrons. That's not insignificant.

Taken from:

Here's a quote from http://www.rcaf.com/history/rcaf_war/index.shtml

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 05:49 AM
Thanks for that Oso2121.

If it went ahead I'd just put in as much on all RAF squadrons (incl. Commonwealth, US, Czech, Polish etc) squadrons as I could.

Please Oleg, let us know. The numbers are growing.

bone.

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 06:17 AM
I also hope Oleg & co. fix those oversized squadron crests. Weren't they more of a rarity anyway?

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 09:50 AM
They do seem a tad unusual yes. Usually the code letters sufficed, and things like the Squadron Commander pennants, insignias and the Unit badges tended to be fairly small and under the canopy. Certainly the stuff was usually a lot less "flashy" than the US adornments. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Looks like another day without Olegs input unfortunately./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Probably busy with the bug fixes and other things around the patch I guess.

bone.

Message Edited on 11/12/03 08:51AM by Owl_NZ

Message Edited on 11/12/0308:52AM by Owl_NZ