PDA

View Full Version : 100K Can I have the secrets

WilhelmSchulz.-
08-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Ive gone for only the big ships. Used all my torps and amo but the highest Ive goten was around 87K. Can some members of the 100K club tell me there secrets???Please??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

libertate
08-02-2005, 03:25 PM
I aim for the fuel bunkers, takes 'em down usuallt with one torp. If not I surface and hammer 'em with the 88. In the VII's to get to 100K I usually have to sink a couple of small merchants with my deck gun.

Sounds like you're killin' mostly C2's. 87,000 divided by 14 = C2 cargo.

You have to sink at least 7143 tons per torp in order to make 100K on torpedoes alone. That means more C3's and large tankers, and fewer C2's.

WilhelmSchulz.-
08-02-2005, 03:32 PM
wheres the fuel bunker??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

quillan
08-02-2005, 04:34 PM
1) Luck. The time I broke 100k, I had a 2 week spell of good weather early in the war, so I was able to use the deck gun a LOT.

2) Efficient sinking of ships. Many ships can be sent down with only 1 torpedo. Most tankers go down with a single torp, I can sink C3 cargo ships with 1 torp, and very occasionally a C2.

3) Hunt passenger liners. This is a rather unrealistic option, but at 24K tons each, all you need is 4 plus another small ship or two and you've made it.

Onthehunt1970
08-02-2005, 06:13 PM
One thing I like to do is find calm waters with some traffic and use deck gun on small and coastal merchants, 5 shells at or just below water line on same side will sink them ussually. With 160 HE shells and 40 AP shells you can get alot of little guys which can add up quickly. Any other ships I torpedo and never use more than 2 torps on them, deck gun to finish them off. It can be a pain to find calm seas but when I do I stay in them long as possible. Hope this is of some help. Good Hunting
There's nothing worse than a fart that isn't just a fart

Grey004
08-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Wil S.....

When you sight a target,use the Recognition Manual and keep it open,on whatever target IE C2.

If your close to 90 deg +/- 5 , wait until the target is roughly about 30 deg from 0/180,depending on whether your firing forward or stern tube.You will then get 4 grey boxes on the ship diagram.

They're self explainatory.
The bottom, is for keel shots.
On the next row of boxes L/R.The left is the stern gear,centre is Engine Room,right is Fuel Bunker.

Just left click which box you want your shot to hit,then when the triangle turns green, fire.

I lock on to target ,and it hits the ship were I have selected,other people set the cross hairs to wherever it indicates on the diagram.

Always remember, that you must be within 1000m for the boxes to appear.

With a C2,I've found that,if you target the fuel bunker,it only takes 1 torpedo to sink it.

Also,if you target a C3,again close to 90 deg +/- 5,get within 750m,set the torpedo at 7m with impact fuse,then let it have a fish supper.I very rarely need more than 1 torpedo to sink them.And I don't bother using the Recog Manual,with C3's.

Sorry that I haven't added a screenshot of the boxes,to help exlain more easily,I did try,but the blasted thing would'nt post.
Hope its helped you.

stinkhammer6
08-02-2005, 08:52 PM
go read my posts on the 100k club thread, I gave away my tactics on how to break the mark.

bogusheadbox
08-03-2005, 06:31 AM
Put your realism setting to 5 percent ?

Trydan
08-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Forget C2 cargo ships. They are too easy to waste multiple torpedoes/ammunition on them. Go only for tankers, passenger liners and poorly armoured warships (for example: Hilfskreuzer).

WilhelmSchulz.-
08-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Grey004. It worked. I sank a C2 in 1 shot!!!

HimmelJaeger
08-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Grey004:
Wil S.....

When you sight a target,use the Recognition Manual and keep it open,on whatever target IE C2.

If your close to 90 deg +/- 5 , wait until the target is roughly about 30 deg from 0/180,depending on whether your firing forward or stern tube.You will then get 4 grey boxes on the ship diagram.

They're self explainatory.
The bottom, is for keel shots.
On the next row of boxes L/R.The left is the stern gear,centre is Engine Room,right is Fuel Bunker.

Just left click which box you want your shot to hit,then when the triangle turns green, fire.

I lock on to target ,and it hits the ship were I have selected,other people set the cross hairs to wherever it indicates on the diagram.

Always remember, that you must be within 1000m for the boxes to appear.

With a C2,I've found that,if you target the fuel bunker,it only takes 1 torpedo to sink it.

Also,if you target a C3,again close to 90 deg +/- 5,get within 750m,set the torpedo at 7m with impact fuse,then let it have a fish supper.I very rarely need more than 1 torpedo to sink them.And I don't bother using the Recog Manual,with C3's.

Sorry that I haven't added a screenshot of the boxes,to help exlain more easily,I did try,but the blasted thing would'nt post.
Hope its helped you.

Holy **** Grey. That is possibly the most useful information I've ever seen on these boards.. I was wondering how you did that!!! Thanks bro! "*runs to computer* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

WilhelmSchulz.-
08-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by HimmelJaeger:

Holy **** Grey. That is possibly the most useful information I've ever seen on these boards.. I was wondering how you did that!!! Thanks bro! "*runs to computer* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif U are at the computer *******.

HimmelJaeger
08-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by WilhelmSchulz.-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HimmelJaeger:

Holy **** Grey. That is possibly the most useful information I've ever seen on these boards.. I was wondering how you did that!!! Thanks bro! "*runs to computer* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif U are at the computer *******. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a seperate computer for gaming, *******. Welcome to the 21st century.

captsteubie
08-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Best I ever racked up was 93000 tons. Out of torps, HE, AP, SS and everything else but potatoes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Gill1981
08-04-2005, 02:21 AM
My best was 87.000 tons or something.
But I actually didn't know that you kan click on the specific parts of the ship in the recognation manual.
Have to try that when I get home from work..in like 6 hours! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Maj_Solo
08-04-2005, 06:39 AM
Im getting back into my old self now. underkeel shots need to be a bit tighter than 1m, so I am at 0.5m now and if hitting a C2 right where the front of the bridge is it has been snap snap snap snap snap now. the underkeel aft of the bridge on a C2 is either it sinks or stays afloat almost sinking.

Haven't had chance yet to shoot much at C3s.

I also know 0,5 m may be problematic when the weather is bad. But it seems one need to try and get a bit tighter to the keel with the torpedo. In calm weather setting to 1m is ...... not smart ...... when you with reliability can aim using 0,5m ...... so .... I guess that makes me an i**ot. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But one need to get yet a liitle bit more closer to aim that well when you shoot without the targetting computer.

I guess it will go better for me now that I get tighter under the keel. Now I just need some C3 to eperiment on under live conditions ....

Grey004
08-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Maj_Solo,
I have mentioned this in another post.
There is a lone C3 route,that runs through the eastern edge of BF16 down to BF19,then running SW a further 6 grids,I actually followed the route from source to destination in excess of 5000kms,but thats another story.

Myself,I lay low in the top eastern edge of BF16,giving me the oppertunity to hit the Convoys that run through BF13 or get the C3's when passing by.

You can practise to your hearts content there,but be careful,its also a route for taskforces and prowling DD's x2,with plenty of air cover.

Another place is BF11 and 12 northern sections,fairly safe from air attack with minimal warship activity.Its also a main tanker route.