PDA

View Full Version : FM? DM?? a/c??? - BS...

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 03:05 PM
Although I know some of the abbreviations used mainly in Dogfight chat i still have some problems understanding certain 'words' :-(

I think there are many people - especially n00bs - who have same problem so I want this thread as a dictionary for abbrevs. Please feel free to add further entries (and correct mine)...

FM - flight model
DM - damage model
ac, a/c - aircraft
BS - bulls**t (now i know what some guy said to me after i rammed his TB3 10m from his target)
noob - newbie (should be mentioned here)
gk - good kill
tk - team killer
vulching - shooting at parked player aircraft, in some cases also during takeoff and landing

Please tell me the meanings of:

bumb or bump (or whatever that is you often read in the forums)
~S~

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 03:05 PM
Although I know some of the abbreviations used mainly in Dogfight chat i still have some problems understanding certain 'words' :-(

I think there are many people - especially n00bs - who have same problem so I want this thread as a dictionary for abbrevs. Please feel free to add further entries (and correct mine)...

FM - flight model
DM - damage model
ac, a/c - aircraft
BS - bulls**t (now i know what some guy said to me after i rammed his TB3 10m from his target)
noob - newbie (should be mentioned here)
gk - good kill
tk - team killer
vulching - shooting at parked player aircraft, in some cases also during takeoff and landing

Please tell me the meanings of:

bumb or bump (or whatever that is you often read in the forums)
~S~

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 03:08 PM
bump just means bumping up the forum thredd to the first page or if someone agrees http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 03:14 PM
"Bump" simply means you want the topic up near the top of the list, so you add a reply that doesn't add anything to the discussion, but still counts as a reply, "bumping" it to the top of the list again. Also referred to as punting, or "put up near top". It has a connotation with American football as well.

Other flight sim terms:

B&Z (boom and zoom) a energy fighting style consisting of fast, slashing attacks on an opponent followed by a zoom back up for altitude.

T&B (turn & burn) relying on tight turns to win

E-fighting: energy fighting. Using tactics that maximize speed, position, altitude and maneuver all together.

SA: situational awareness. Knowing one's current state, threat assesment and position in the fight (preferably at all times).

~S~ or S! is simply 'salute'. A good sportsmanship nod to a player online. Usually....

Ueberplane: 1) a plane that is either much better than others (ex: Yak 3 or La7) or 2) a plane that is *modelled* to be better than it is, despite historical performance (ex: P-39).

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 03:21 PM
thx - thanks

so: thx so far http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif