PDA

View Full Version : I really don't understand...

Buckaroo12
12-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Why people gripe and moan about certain aircraft being included in the game. Some examples, KI-84, F4u-C, LA7 3XB20, ME-163, He-162, Go-229..... I have seen a few threads where people are actually complaining about these planes just being on the aircraft list. If you don't like flying them, don't fly them. If you don't like flying against them, again... don't, nobody is holding a gun to your head saying you must defeat a flight of 8 Go-229's in your Mig-3!

From a historical accuracy point of view, I haven't seen any of them included in offline campaigns and the historical online servers don't include them. The only reason to fly them or against them, is if you choose to in either a full mission builder mission or the QMB. So I really don't understand why it's the end of the world for these planes to be on the list.

Everybody seems to have their favourite planes to gripe about, for Western and VVS pilots it's the German jet set. Likewise the Luftwhiners can't quit complaining about the Russian LA series. But it seems everyone is quiet about their "Own" Uber plane, they just want to get rid of everyone elses.

Personally, I like having them included. It makes for some interesting match-ups and "what if" scenario's. And really if I'm having a bad day, there is nothing more morbidly satisfying then hopping into a QMB Gotha flight and watching whatever I come across literally disintigrate under my guns!!!

One of the nicest things about this game, is you can set your realism level to what you feel like at the time. Most days I go with pretty close to full switches, but sometimes it's fun to have unlimited ammo and other days it's fun to fly aircraft that barely if ever made it into the war.

If there is a good reason why these planes shouldn't be there (keeping in mind that you create your own historical accuracy in a game like this), by all means let me know (Maybe the extra aircraft on the list kill frame rates LOL!!). I don't want to start a flame war, I just don't understand why the existence of these planes is such a catastrophe, and really I'm a little tired of seeing the same old "this plane is overmodelled simply because I can't beat it" or "why oh why did they ever include a plane that never saw combat..." threads every time I come here.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a rant. I just got carried away I guess!

Buckaroo12
12-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Why people gripe and moan about certain aircraft being included in the game. Some examples, KI-84, F4u-C, LA7 3XB20, ME-163, He-162, Go-229..... I have seen a few threads where people are actually complaining about these planes just being on the aircraft list. If you don't like flying them, don't fly them. If you don't like flying against them, again... don't, nobody is holding a gun to your head saying you must defeat a flight of 8 Go-229's in your Mig-3!

From a historical accuracy point of view, I haven't seen any of them included in offline campaigns and the historical online servers don't include them. The only reason to fly them or against them, is if you choose to in either a full mission builder mission or the QMB. So I really don't understand why it's the end of the world for these planes to be on the list.

Everybody seems to have their favourite planes to gripe about, for Western and VVS pilots it's the German jet set. Likewise the Luftwhiners can't quit complaining about the Russian LA series. But it seems everyone is quiet about their "Own" Uber plane, they just want to get rid of everyone elses.

Personally, I like having them included. It makes for some interesting match-ups and "what if" scenario's. And really if I'm having a bad day, there is nothing more morbidly satisfying then hopping into a QMB Gotha flight and watching whatever I come across literally disintigrate under my guns!!!

One of the nicest things about this game, is you can set your realism level to what you feel like at the time. Most days I go with pretty close to full switches, but sometimes it's fun to have unlimited ammo and other days it's fun to fly aircraft that barely if ever made it into the war.

If there is a good reason why these planes shouldn't be there (keeping in mind that you create your own historical accuracy in a game like this), by all means let me know (Maybe the extra aircraft on the list kill frame rates LOL!!). I don't want to start a flame war, I just don't understand why the existence of these planes is such a catastrophe, and really I'm a little tired of seeing the same old "this plane is overmodelled simply because I can't beat it" or "why oh why did they ever include a plane that never saw combat..." threads every time I come here.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a rant. I just got carried away I guess!

S 8
12-03-2004, 09:41 AM
I think they mean that there is more important aircraft to make that really was used extensivley than the 109Z for an example.I would also want certain aircraft implanted but I won´t rant about it and I don´t mind those certain "hated" aircrafts.

robban75
12-03-2004, 11:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckaroo12:
Everybody seems to have their favourite planes to gripe about, for Western and VVS pilots it's the German jet set. Likewise the Luftwhiners can't quit complaining about the Russian LA series. But it seems everyone is quiet about their "Own" Uber plane, they just want to get rid of everyone elses. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO the problem is that the true "whiners"(hate that word) seldom back up their comments with hard data. They are usually the loudest ones aswell, and tend to get more attention then the more serious debaters.
There are those out there that do thorough testings, comes up with the results and compare them to the real deal in order to find the error if there is one. I love those kind of topics, where people can have a professional discussion. No matter who was right or wrong, the outcome when that topic is all done, is that everyone has learned something new.
Now, there are those other people who b-tch and moan whenever they can. "Learn to fly" is a comment often used. These people can be ignored even though it's hard to lets such a comment pass. After a while one gets to know which ones who wants realism, and which ones that just got their behind handed to them by a more skillfull opponent online.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

knightflyte
12-03-2004, 11:37 AM
I think we're in a HEY DAY of simming. This SIM will stand the test of time.
I can still imagine myself playing IL2/FB/PF for at least four more years if nothing else becomes available. The game is that good.
Great support from Oleg and crew.

I'm excited about BoB, but I look at it like this. If I'm in the middle of Christmas Day why worry about next years Christmas?

We have it VERY good these days.

robban,
That's a nice D-9 skin.

regards,
Robert

Daiichidoku
12-03-2004, 12:12 PM
The problem most ppl have, IMHO, with the types that while legitimate for a WWII sim, although marginal due to limited numbers or deployment, such as the La7 3xb20, Yak3P Ki84 1C or F4U 1C, is that so many ppl fly them so often...it can rankle when yet again, a server is full of these types that IRL would be quite rare, at least until after the war had ended proper, no tto mentionthe ease by which these types can get kills is kinda akin to shootin fish in a barrel, it tells on the pilot that they have little sense of challenge...

While someone in an "honest" type has to use a measure of skill to EARN a kill, these types make it very very easy, and in many cases even the tiniest bit of a lucky hit will blow you up, where any other type simply wouldnt do that

In the case of the 109Z, Go-229, or even I 185, these types have very very little or even NO flight data in which to construct an accurate FM...and a speculative FM is bad form in a sim that vaunts its "accuracy"

Plus the above mentioned fact that these marginal type appear before many others that played a MUCH larger part in WWII

Shame about some of the jets though...well, at least, the Me 262...they hold a massive speed advantage, nothing more...in the right hands, they can be deadly by dictating the engagement, but they are NOT uber...ANY prop type can outmanuver them, and it takes but a sharp look at one to flame its engines...

Perhaps more ppl should try them, and see just how hard it is to take off, get a kill or kills, and RTB in one piece...

Id rather face a 262 than a La7, Ki84c, etc ANY day, far less of a threat than those

Yes, Yes, its ones own choice to fly where the ubers are

Its also ones choice to fly these ubers ( tho, it certainly will never help their flight combat skills...if anything, it will dull them )

But one can also choose to b i t c h about ubers, and other can choose to b i t c h about the b i t c h e r s, so all's fair in love and war

NORAD_Zooly10
12-03-2004, 02:31 PM
its kind of like people moaning about tv programs that arent to their personal choice, turn the **** thing of or switch channel for gawds sake.

BuzzU
12-03-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Kozhedub got 5-6 kills in the 3 cannon version of the La-7. It belongs in the game.

Bearcat99
12-03-2004, 05:13 PM
I dont get it either... Id take a Piper Cubv under these FMs.

willyvic
12-03-2004, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I dont get it either... Id take a Piper Cubv under these FMs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That way you could get up, fix a sandwich, watch some tele, and chat on the phone. Friggin thing would fly itself...http://www.geocities.com/mompeepers/willyvic/ROFLMAO.gif

WV

Buckaroo12
12-03-2004, 05:36 PM
And do all that in the distance it takes a cub to go about 5 miles! Great little planes but not exactly speed demons!

BuzzU
12-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Yeah, you can land a Piper on a manhole cover.

Zen--
12-03-2004, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robban75:

IMO the problem is that the true "whiners"(hate that word) seldom back up their comments with hard data. They are usually the loudest ones aswell, and tend to get more attention then the more serious debaters.
There are those out there that do thorough testings, comes up with the results and compare them to the real deal in order to find the error if there is one. I love those kind of topics, where people can have a professional discussion. No matter who was right or wrong, the outcome when that topic is all done, is that everyone has learned something new.
Now, there are those other people who b-tch and moan whenever they can. "Learn to fly" is a comment often used. These people can be ignored even though it's hard to lets such a comment pass. After a while one gets to know which ones who wants realism, and which ones that just got their behind handed to them by a more skillfull opponent online.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said Robban http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

BlitzPig_DDT
12-03-2004, 06:15 PM
It's about greed. They want their types, and we want our types.

The problem is that the cool plane haters are dishonest. They hide behind a false mask of "legittimacy", or "historical accuracy". Some even use the weak **** about how it's "too easy" to get kills. (never mind that a late war anything in an eariler server would be "too easy" to get kills with. Tech moves on, planes get better, but so does their competition)

Those are all lies however because the real reason is they just want other types. But for some reason are afraid to admit it.

heywooood
12-03-2004, 06:51 PM
my solution?...make everything flyable!...now.

including the utmost uber...Curtiss Seagull

http://www.glennhcurtiss.com/1943dc610.jpg