PDA

View Full Version : The Creation of Altair's Armor

SBRedFlag
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
So, during a discussion of the difficulty of ACB, I thought of something:

Did Altair not discover the formula for Altair's Armor from the Piece of Eden? He claims to have erased the formula from the codex, but as we saw in the E3 demo, Cesare takes the Piece of Eden for himself. Is it possible that he looks into the PoE and rediscovers the formula? And then maybe outfits an elite branch of his guards (ehem, papal guard, anyone?) with this new armor, and thus make them basically invincible, or at least, incredibly difficult.

Would this not be an awesome addition to make ACB much harder? It would actually encourage you to use stealth (crazy, right?), and would certainly add a new layer of depth to the game.

And even if this doesn't happen, assuming Ezio gets the PoE back from the Borgia at some point during the game, couldn't he just rediscover the formula himself and smith himself a new suit of armor?

Caligula__
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Firstly, welcome to the forums sbr and secondly, it would be pretty epic if they were invincible until you learn how to kill them (weaknesses)

It would be a great addition to the game

Edit - Execpt I'm pretty sure the armour is made of mithril or something and that would be hard to find (pretty sure mithril is mythological metal)

SBRedFlag
09-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Why did you just welcome me to the forums? I've been here longer than you have, haha.

And I'm not exactly sure what Altair's armor is made out of, it was never specified, I don't think.

Caligula__
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
lolz you're always welcoming ppl so to annoy u I welcomed you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

doesn't it? in one of the Codex's or something?

thekyle0
09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
Edit - Execpt I'm pretty sure the armour is made of mithril or something and that would be hard to find (pretty sure mithril is mythological metal) How can you be pretty sure that it's made of mithril if you're also "pretty sure" that it's a fictional metal?

Caligula__
09-14-2010, 03:57 PM
mithril is strong, light and durable and I think I read somewhere his armour is made of mithril or is made of a metal like mithril

Edit - nvm

thekyle0
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
"nvm" indeed. This is the page which mentions the armor.

AC2 wiki (page XIX) (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Codex)
Legends speaks of a Golden Fleece. Could the two be related?...
...I have further refined the metallurgic process, allowing for the production of a suit of armor the likes of which the world has never seen...
...It is possessed of great strength, yet so light as to allow complete freedom...
...I alternate between wonder and fear. Here we have crafted something that will surely change the face of warfare, making those who wear it nigh invincible...
Perhaps it was a mistake to create these pieces. I think it best to erase the formulae. What if it were to fall in the hands of our enemies? The risk is too great... Clearly, there is no mention of mithril. You must have been thinking about some fan's speculation.

SBRedFlag
09-14-2010, 04:15 PM
ANYWAY regardless of what it's made out of, is the whole Cesare creating indestructible armor plausible story-wise?

And even if it's not, what about the idea of invincible guards gameplay-wise?

ACfreak357
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I have been a member longer then you guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SBRedFlag
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Congratulations. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

salted onions
09-14-2010, 06:11 PM
After the newest AC:B trailer, it seems like the papal guards are just more assassin's fodder, albeit will take a bit more to take down compared to the normal guard, they shouldn't be any more difficult than Brutes and Seekers were(which they weren't at all, at any stretch of the word difficult.).

marcusmo
09-14-2010, 06:16 PM
wasn't mithril from lotr? i could be mistaken, it's been forever since i've seen the films.

SBRedFlag
09-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by marcusmo:
wasn't mithril from lotr? i could be mistaken, it's been forever since i've seen the films.
Mithril is from a lot of things. That's like saying that Elves are from Lord of the Rings.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. Altair's armour is not mithril anyway.

AubreyWilborn
09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Regarding the construction of Altair's armor: I always thought it was some type of super-strong fabric, or some other material. Maybe like kevlar, or titanium bi-weave. There are plenty of fibers out there that are resistant to knives and other bladed instruments.

As for the super strong Papal guards-erm, I dunno if I like that idea. I mean, they've made the AI more aggresive. And those halberd-wielding Papal dudes DO seem pretty tough already.

SBRedFlag
09-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
Regarding the construction of Altair's armor: I always thought it was some type of super-strong fabric, or some other material. Maybe like kevlar, or titanium bi-weave. There are plenty of fibers out there that are resistant to knives and other bladed instruments.

As for the super strong Papal guards-erm, I dunno if I like that idea. I mean, they've made the AI more aggresive. And those halberd-wielding Papal dudes DO seem pretty tough already.
Tough? No enemy in Assassin's creed is tough. Even Brutes and Seekers look tough, but you just disarm them and stab them. They're not remotely difficult to deal with.

ACfreak357
09-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
Congratulations. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Thank You lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Caligula__
09-14-2010, 11:34 PM
I don't really think they should have good armour, they should (like the boss guys in [PROTOTYPE]) be invincible until Ezio learns a move that kills them but until them they're invincible and will counter every attack Ezio sends at them and are impossible to kill (even if you shoot em) but after Ezio learns that move they are only invincible if you don't use that move

EzioAssassin51
09-15-2010, 12:12 AM
I think the difficulty idea sounds great!

Like Mc said, maybe have like in PROTOTYPE with the Leader Hunters, where you try to kill him but fail so you need to find a way to do so!

But i do hope the guards are harder to fight though, especially these ones! PLEASE!

AleCylon
09-15-2010, 02:57 AM
Im pretty sure that the Altair's armor metal was not some Tolkien Mithrill, I can bet it was Titanium, A very futurstic metal for that ages. very light compared with steel and harder as well.

As they show us how the Altair armor is destroyed and then Cesare gets the PoE, as they said also that ACB will start exactly when AC2 ended. Is mandatory that Ezio before leave Rome had to meet and had a fight with Cesare, cus in the last trailer (Enter Rome) you can see Ezio using Altair's Armor and fighting Cesare. That must ofc happen before the siege on Monteriggioni.

Stormpen
09-15-2010, 10:51 AM
If the armor is indeed indestructible, perhaps it wasn't destroyed in Cesare's attack?

tyman1122
09-15-2010, 01:33 PM
I heard the Armour is made out of this metal called "EPIC" And little sumthin sumthin.

Henry454
09-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Back onto the paple guard thing. No, based on the new advert they will be just as pathetic as all the outher guards, agh

EzioAssassin51
09-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Henry454:
Back onto the paple guard thing. No, based on the new advert they will be just as pathetic as all the outher guards, agh

New advert as in latest trailer?

Naa, they weren't the papal guards at the end of the trailer. And even if they were, they won't be that easy. It's a trailer showing things off, not showing whether or not guards will be hard to kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JohnConnor2012
09-16-2010, 04:26 AM
Not too sure about the armour: will have to read the Codex with more attention when I next replay AC2.

Read somewhere that the Papal Guard are combo seekers / brutes, maybe even agiles and designed to be tougher than best of both previous archetypes. So Ezio should still be able to slaughter them in 2 seconds flat.

Where, I wonder, does Cesare get the PoE from? Pretty lazy / clumsy of Ezio to just leave 'em behind for him at the end of AC2. Where does Leonardo fit into all this - and does that have anything to do with extra suits of invulnerable armour?

EzioAssassin51
09-16-2010, 04:41 AM
If you listen at the start of the demo, Ezio asks Mario if 'it' is safe, and Mario says he is keeping 'it' safe.

Clearly, Cesare took it from Mario!

I'm guessing Leo is being forced into helping the Borgia with these things, because you can see on the Gun Cesare has, there are two Assassin Symbols!! So he wanted to make it for the assassins and is no doubt being forced to make the tanks and all that! So he does fit into it IMO!

SBRedFlag
09-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
If you listen at the start of the demo, Ezio asks Mario if 'it' is safe, and Mario says he is keeping 'it' safe.

Clearly, Cesare took it from Mario!

I'm guessing Leo is being forced into helping the Borgia with these things, because you can see on the Gun Cesare has, there are two Assassin Symbols!! So he wanted to make it for the assassins and is no doubt being forced to make the tanks and all that! So he does fit into it IMO! Yeah you're right.

So I think that in ACB, there should be guards that should be impossible to beat at the beginning of the game, and as you progress, you learn the skills to defeat them. Whether or not they're impossible because of Altair's armour doesn't matter to me personally, but it's a good way to justify them, imo.

AubreyWilborn
09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
What's all this talk about Leonardo helping the Borgia? Why do people think that, when the game hasn't even been released yet?

SBRedFlag
09-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
What's all this talk about Leonardo helping the Borgia? Why do people think that, when the game hasn't even been released yet?

Have you seen the E3 demo? At the end before <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Cesare shoots Mario</span> he says "give me the gun that his friend made for us". This is obviously Leonardo.
So we don't "think" that Leo helps the Borgia, we know. Plus Leonardo actually did work for the Borgia in real life.

phil.llllll
09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
[Have you seen the E3 demo? At the end before <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Cesare shoots Mario</span> he says "give me the gun that his friend made for us". This is obviously Leonardo.
So we don't "think" that Leo helps the Borgia, we know. Plus Leonardo actually did work for the Borgia in real life.

Thanks. I never could understand what he was saying there.

EDIT: He actually says fashioned but no big deal.

souNdwAve89
09-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Don't forget that the hunter ( I think?) uses a switch blade in AC: B's multiplayer. Since Leonardo is working under the Borgia, it is possible that they wanted to have assassins of their own. To replicate the assassins' hidden blade, Leonardo created a switch blade, which is the closes he can get. Also, the single player is in the assassins' perspective and the multiplayer is in the Templars' perspective. All the multiplayer model skins are Templars. The developers did say that some of the characters from the multiplayer will make an appearance in the single player.

ACfreak357
09-16-2010, 07:02 PM
I got one question

How do you guys know all the multiplayer characters are templars????????

And I really dont like the way this is turning out about the talk of the templars replecating the assassins weapons and their invincible armour because it ruins the whole stealth feeling that you get when you play the game or think about assassins because if this is true that they let all their weapons which are i guess you could say more advanced then those of the templars and their armour especially get away from them and into the hands of a ******bag like cesare.

AubreyWilborn
09-16-2010, 08:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

Have you seen the E3 demo? At the end before <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Cesare shoots Mario</span> he says "give me the gun that his friend made for us". This is obviously Leonardo.
So we don't "think" that Leo helps the Borgia, we know. Plus Leonardo actually did work for the Borgia in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that the real Leonardo worked for Borgia, but I never could make out the line that Cesare says-he says it so quickly.

So Leo truly work for the Borgia in the game, huh? I guess that will make things interesting.

MolochXX
09-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I'm really interested to see the circumstances under which Leonardo is working for the Borgia? Is it a matter of him being forced to do so? Or is he simply being economical and trying to make some actual profit on his genius ideas? Personally, I hope it's the latter.It would be interesting to see how Ezio can convince him to perhaps sacrifice financial gain for the "just cause".

souNdwAve89
09-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ACfreak357:
I got one question

And I really dont like the way this is turning out about the talk of the templars replecating the assassins weapons and their invincible armour because it ruins the whole stealth feeling that you get when you play the game or think about assassins because if this is true that they let all their weapons which are i guess you could say more advanced then those of the templars and their armour especially get away from them and into the hands of a ******bag like cesare.

Because the developers and numerous gaming sites have stated that.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/057/057511.html

"Assassin's Creed Brotherhood offers a never-before-seen multiplayer layer. Players can help the Templars by using Abstergo to train in the art of Assassination to eliminate the Assassins once and for all."

First of all, this is just the multiplayer, but like I said above, some of the player models will make an appearance in the game. This doesn't take anything away from the series. Personally, AC2 was less stealthy than AC1. And the assassins' equipment are not superior. The only person that has something superior is Ezio when he had Altair's armor. The hidden blade was pretty advance during the time of Altair, but it's technicality isn't special during AC2's time period with the invention of the pistol and firearms.

ACfreak357
09-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACfreak357:
I got one question

Because the developers and numerous gaming sites have stated that.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/057/057511.html

"Assassin's Creed Brotherhood offers a never-before-seen multiplayer layer. Players can help the Templars by using Abstergo to train in the art of Assassination to eliminate the Assassins once and for all."

First of all, this is just the multiplayer, but like I said above, some of the player models will make an appearance in the game. This doesn't take anything away from the series. Personally, AC2 was less stealthy than AC1. And the assassins' equipment are not superior. The only person that has something superior is Ezio when he had Altair's armor. The hidden blade was pretty advance during the time of Altair, but it's technicality isn't special during AC2's time period with the invention of the pistol and firearms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought this was assassins against templars and were the assassins so why are we helping the templars?

Im confused at this

EzioAssassin51
09-17-2010, 02:11 AM
They are just coming up with a way to make the MP more Story based than just random, which works well IMO, cause it hints that we will be fighting trained Templars in AC3!

JohnConnor2012
09-17-2010, 04:11 AM
Re. Leonardo, all I'd say is that he was suspiciously quick to change sides. He's at the villa as Ezio prepares to go to Rome and helping the Borgia a few days later when Rome comes to Ezio.

I suspect a lot of sub-plot and a chat with Machiavelli will be needed to explain this.

Really sharp observations on that new vid, BTW!

ACfreak357
09-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
They are just coming up with a way to make the MP more Story based than just random, which works well IMO, cause it hints that we will be fighting trained Templars in AC3!

I know

X10J
09-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Don't forget that the hunter ( I think?) uses a switch blade in AC: B's multiplayer. Since Leonardo is working under the Borgia, it is possible that they wanted to have assassins of their own. To replicate the assassins' hidden blade, Leonardo created a switch blade, which is the closes he can get. Also, the single player is in the assassins' perspective and the multiplayer is in the Templars' perspective. All the multiplayer model skins are Templars. The developers did say that some of the characters from the multiplayer will make an appearance in the single player.

Doubt it Leo had a photografic memory in real life. And he was able to repair the hidden blade from seeing a codex page, I think he could replicate it.

ACfreak357
09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
How about we all agree on Altairs armour is Awesome

NuclearFuss
09-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't that anything in multiplayer actually happened. I think it's more simulation thatn anything, so I doubt the switchblade came from Leonardo.

EzioAssassin51
09-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ACfreak357:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

I know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Than why were you confused by it? We're 'helping' them to give us an enemy for the next game!

Re. Leonardo, all I'd say is that he was suspiciously quick to change sides. He's at the villa as Ezio prepares to go to Rome and helping the Borgia a few days later when Rome comes to Ezio.

I suspect a lot of sub-plot and a chat with Machiavelli will be needed to explain this.

Really sharp observations on that new vid, BTW!

As has been mentioned before. We are guassing he was forced into it. If you watch the Demo, Cesare's gun has two assassin symbols on the end, so Leo might have intended it for the assassins but was kidnapped and was forced to make that for them!

JohnConnor2012
09-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I was implying in my post above that Leonardo was smart enough to act as a double agent for the Assassins at the Borgias' expense. No doubt not all the 'Q stuff' Ezio ends up with in ACB will be obtained purely by 'right of conquest'.

TheDarkKnigg1
09-19-2010, 10:20 PM
His Armour is the same sh** Batman uses.

tyrce111
09-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Isn't the piece of Eden only accesable to assassins?
In Battle of Forli the PoE only reacted when ezio touched it,
Nvm
I like the idea that the armour wasn't destroyed and ezio recovours it,
Or it was conviniently placed in the 4 coolest towers or buildings in Rome.
E.g. Colloseum, Pantheon, Vatican, Cesare's House?

JohnConnor2012
09-20-2010, 04:22 AM
From the end of AC and AC2, you should know Templars can use PoE too, and Savanarola uses the Apple in BotV, so I guess anyone strong-willed enough can. In fact, PoE weren't originally designed for assassins to use in the first place.

RandomRansom
09-22-2010, 03:45 AM
I'll mention this only as more evidence of Leo helping the Borgia for some reason or another.

I remember reading something in an article or hearing something in an interview that mentioned having a mission to go destroy one of the war machines that Leo designed for the Borgia.

And just because ACB starts right after ACII ended doesn't mean the attack on the Villa happened right then too. There are times in ACII where years pass in the cut of a scene. I remember Ezio and Leo greeting each other as if they hadn't seen each other in a while, at least once in the game. This means there could be a scene change that takes us months later right when the villa is attacked. This means that Leo could have been captured and threatened into helping the Borgia in that time.

As for the "invulnerable" guards? I love that idea. I want to feel afraid to go somewhere in a brazened fashion because the impossible guards might notice me. I want to have times where I'm forced to be stealthy or pay the consequences. Not consequences that mean death but pretty nearly (but death if you suck or lack skill).

Starsfan1009
09-22-2010, 12:53 PM
As mentioned earlier, there was a codex page where Altair describes making new armor similar to the "Golden Fleece." And since he was constantly analyzing the Piece of Eden for years and years (we're led to believe) and it showed him many things, can we assume that it also showed him the specific metallurgic process for making what seems like indestructible armor?

I doubt that any of the other characters in the game will have it...maybe Cesare but doubtful. The Papal Guards won't have it, but I'm sure they'll be a lot stronger than the brutes, and normal counter kills and dodge/attack moves won't work at first. Brutes had, what, six squares of health? I'm guessing the the Papal Guards will have at least 10, although I could be wrong.

Anyway, the armor isn't mithril. I think Altair created it using the Peice of Eden, or it told him how to make it. But that's just my theory.