PDA

View Full Version : Help with Hyperlobby

Da11en47
05-20-2007, 04:20 PM
It's been awhile since I've played online, I can't get hyperlobby to work.

I just bought 1946, and I see that there's not selection for that, only "Pacific Fighters" "IL2 Sturmovik" etc.

Also it says it cant find the correct installation path? I really don't know what I'm doing, any help would be appreciated.

I tried right clicking on the shortcut and pasting it in to hyperlobby and it still says it can't find the correct installation path.

Da11en47
05-20-2007, 04:20 PM
It's been awhile since I've played online, I can't get hyperlobby to work.

I just bought 1946, and I see that there's not selection for that, only "Pacific Fighters" "IL2 Sturmovik" etc.

Also it says it cant find the correct installation path? I really don't know what I'm doing, any help would be appreciated.

I tried right clicking on the shortcut and pasting it in to hyperlobby and it still says it can't find the correct installation path.

Tailspin45
05-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Use Forgotten Battles - I had the same problem. Not at all obvious

jolly_magpie
05-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Oddly enough I am having the same problem, with the 1946 dvd and a fresh install of XP.

I used Fb in the list and also input the path manually, no go.

x6BL_Brando
05-21-2007, 04:13 AM
Okay,

Open Hyperlobby and look to Connect/Select Game - choose Forgotten Battles. Make sure you have put in your handle and password and checked the boxes next to them.
Then hit Disconnect. Once dis-connected, hold down Control & Shift keys and click on Connect. This will open the file-path window.

Choose the hard-drive (or partition) you want to search. Let it search. If your '46 is in the default place (C:\ Program Files\..etc.) it will find il2fb.exe. Then highlight the result and press Enter (or click enter or OK or whtever) That should get you there.

Problems can arise if you have more than one version installed. e.g. FB-AEP-PF 4.04m & IL2-'46. If so, the easiest thing to do is to prepare the way before you do the filepath search. Go into your (e.g) v4.04 folder and locate the il2fb.exe. Rename that one (e.g. il2fbbak) and repeat the process above.

Remember to highlight the il2fb.exe that the Hyperlobby finds before you click Proceed (or OK, Enter, or whatever the heck it is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif )

Hope that helps

B