PDA

View Full Version : Synchronise ??

AirRon_2K7
09-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Well I was watching the old e3 extended what-not hands on thingy video and I noticed that the Y button turned to 'synchronise' anyone got any ideas about what it does? video here:
Go to 17:36 (yes big video!) (http://uk.gamespot.com/video/930278/6174521/assassins-creed-stage-demo-1)

avsrule247
09-27-2007, 12:16 PM
synchronise

Do you mean synchronize? Not trying to be an *** by correcting you, just wondering.

And to save us the trouble of loading that whole video, can you tell us what action Altair was doing as this came up? Synchronize can mean a number of different things.

A.B.O.Y
09-27-2007, 12:18 PM
It is just the way he survays the land just a fancy name

DemonikCrow666
09-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Goose1994:
It is just the way he survays the land just a fancy name No dude that's called Eagle Vision. This has nothing to do with time traveling the trailer says it...err rather Jade says it.

Blind-Panda
09-27-2007, 01:26 PM
i went to watch the video and yes it says synchronise, tho it would have made more sense if it had been while following someone in order to pick pocket him... But since some of the action you see appear up there are sometime not context sensitive, it could something that has nothing to do with being perch up there...

Golani2007
09-27-2007, 01:50 PM
nobody know what it is..
maybe part of the Sci-Fi evertbody assumes...

AnimationSensai
09-27-2007, 04:54 PM
It probably says synchronize because when altair gets to a high area, his map is updated(synchronized) with new information...just letting u know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Blind-Panda
09-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by AnimationSensai:
It probably says synchronize because when altair gets to a high area, his map is updated(synchronized) with new information...just letting u know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

From the new interview I'd say you're right on, at some point Jade is talking about viewpoints, and you see Altair reach the top of a minaret (from the Demo with Patrice playing and asking the audience which tower they want to see him climb) and when we reach the wooden beam you synchronise appear and as soon as light up in yellow an in-game cinematic start and the camera spin around Altair giving an impressive view of the city. So synchronise, IMO, most likely play that animation as well as upgrading your map.

mefninja
09-27-2007, 10:27 PM
i concur

HJC86
09-29-2007, 09:39 AM
I think that is still one of the bugs in the game. Cause when I think of Synchronosize I think of that Alta´r will be under the people. Like with the monks that he walks with them by pressing 1 button only.

If not I think it will be something like: let your mind be empty again of all the killing or something like that. So after each kill, or couple of kills, you have to empty your brain of all the blood...

AirRon_2K7
09-29-2007, 10:22 AM
no, the three people above you are more correct :P

your top suggestion is called blend, and is done with the A button

and if you get a bit sad about the killings your doing... then your probably not 18, and you need to stop playing before you have a breakdown :P

HJC86
09-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
no, the three people above you are more correct :P

your top suggestion is called blend, and is done with the A button

and if you get a bit sad about the killings your doing... then your probably not 18, and you need to stop playing before you have a breakdown :P

Ok I didn't know the blend in was called that way and functioned that way. It's just a suggestion AirRon. Nothing more chill out !

I'm 21 by the way !

AirRon_2K7
09-29-2007, 10:54 AM
sorry mate, that was a combination of me being in a bad mood, and a joke :P... yeah, sorry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Lordgrunty11
09-29-2007, 10:55 AM
wow I'm gone for a couple of months and this is what the forums turn into http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif First of all I have already made a topic about this so this is a duplicate and second to answer it, it is the thing that updates your map and flies the camera in a circle around you.

spazzoo1025
09-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by jc_hans:
I think that is still one of the bugs in the game. Cause when I think of Synchronosize I think of that Alta´r will be under the people. Like with the monks that he walks with them by pressing 1 button only.

If not I think it will be something like: let your mind be empty again of all the killing or something like that. So after each kill, or couple of kills, you have to empty your brain of all the blood...

wtf? lol sorry, but like that just makes no sense

the_assassin_07
09-29-2007, 11:20 AM
wow I'm gone for a couple of months and this is what the forums turn into First of all I have already made a topic about this so this is a duplicate and second to answer it, it is the thing that updates your map and flies the camera in a circle around you.
Lol you're saying 'I'm gone for a couple of months and this is what it's come to' like you own the place.

AirRon_2K7
09-29-2007, 11:44 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

yeah sorry Mr ubi, I'll tidy it up right away

the_assassin_07
09-29-2007, 12:02 PM
What? Tidy it up? :S

A.B.O.Y
09-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Lordgrunty11:
wow I'm gone for a couple of months and this is what the forums turn into http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif First of all I have already made a topic about this so this is a duplicate and second to answer it, it is the thing that updates your map and flies the camera in a circle around you.
Thats what I meant thats the answer to the whole thread

SloppyCracker
09-29-2007, 12:36 PM

I'm so going to put that in my sig!

Golani2007
09-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Lordgrunty11:

Sound ok but!!
the Synchronise was in the place of the Y button...and the player push the Y button to assassniate the gurd...maybe if he would just push the button while hes standing on the beam it will make sence...but killing the gurde with " Synchronise " button it weird

A.B.O.Y
09-30-2007, 09:54 AM
everything is context sensitive

avsrule247
09-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Synchronize probably updates your map when you get on top of a view point. When Altair is seen climbing a view point, Y becomes Eagle View. After he is at the top, the Y button becomes Synchronize, and it is highlighted as all other buttons as when they are clicked. So our best guess is that Y is pressed at the top to Synchronize your map in game with the environment.

HJC86
10-01-2007, 01:30 AM
It is already been made clear by one of the members that it is to synch. with the map.

But also I am still wondering if that's really it. Cause in the last interview you still see it when he is already at such a FOG releasing point. (Top of a observat. tower).

HJC86
10-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Golani2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lordgrunty11:
wow I'm gone ... around you.

Sound ok but!!
the Synchronise was in the place of the Y button...and the player push the Y button to assassniate the gurd...maybe if he would just push the button while hes standing on the beam it will make sence...but killing the gurde with " Synchronise " button it weird </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The action buttons change from action. So Y, A, B, X are all action sensitive.

avsrule247
10-01-2007, 04:59 AM
It is already been made clear by one of the members that it is to synch. with the map.

But also I am still wondering if that's really it. Cause in the last interview you still see it when he is already at such a FOG releasing point. (Top of a observat. tower).

If it's been made "clear" then why are you saying that you are still "unsure"? Nice post, dolt.

HJC86
10-01-2007, 05:25 AM
Cause it is one of the members and so not officially by the people of Ubi explained. And I'm unsure about the way it is to see in the last interview/trailer. Cause then the map is already synch.!

So I want to twist the topic to is it really synchin' the map or not. Cause I see some of the members still looking for an explanation that has already been givin' but isn't exactly right I think.

avsrule247
10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Then why don't you give one? Duh!

Phreaky_McGeek
10-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Perhaps it's synchronising footsteps to make it difficult for the target to hear you...?

the_assassin_07
10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
They haven't said anything about that and it's highly unlikely so I highly doubt it.

HJC86
10-01-2007, 12:07 PM
I gave 1 earlier on, learn to read (kiddin') http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif