PDA

View Full Version : FB/AEP/PF on Vista

J.M.LLOYD
02-05-2008, 05:07 AM
Hi all, I have installed fb/aep/pf onto my machine that has Vista 32, I had no such luck with 1946???. I have the following set up,

Asus striker mobo
Asus8800gtx ultra card
2.3 quad CPU chip
2 gig ram[dominator]
22"samsung monitor.

could someone give me a list of upgrades that i could set my config file to, with regards the above rig. Cheers.............JML

neural_dream
02-05-2008, 06:04 AM
You need no upgrades or changes of any sort. If IL2/PF/... works, 1946 should work too.

Skycat_2
02-05-2008, 05:16 PM
If 1946 is refusing to install when you put the DVD in, try opening the disc and then launching the executable named 'a'.

Also, save yourself some headaches later and install everything outside of your Program Files folder. It will allow you to customize your controls and pilot profile through the game's interface. Also, some of the third-party utilities only work if all components are located outside of the Program Files folder.

J.M.LLOYD
02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm not too concerned now with 1946, seeing that i now have FB/AEP/PF up and running,what I need to know is what can i alter in the config file[water,clouds,effects]which my above rig should be able to handle. thanks boys. JML

Taylortony
02-05-2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&cat=7

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

J.M.LLOYD
02-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks for that TT, thats a great help. JML

neural_dream
02-06-2008, 03:18 AM
You mean that this beast you have finds it difficult to run FB/AEP/PF?!!

J.M.LLOYD
02-06-2008, 05:22 PM
My rig[beast] runs FB/AEP/PF no problem, I just need to enhance every aspect of the game via the config file,when running with XP this altering of the config file was a simple affair, but running on vista you are requested to send those changes to the correct destination point, if not the changes go back to the default settings,could someone tell me which would be the correct destination? thanks JML

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by J.M.LLOYD:
My rig[beast] runs FB/AEP/PF no problem, I just need to enhance every aspect of the game via the config file,when running with XP this altering of the config file was a simple affair, but running on vista you are requested to send those changes to the correct destination point, if not the changes go back to the default settings,could someone tell me which would be the correct destination? thanks JML

On vista, have you installed the game to the program files folder? Vista puts a block on altering .ini files in this folder. The easiest solution is just to move the game folder to another location, I have mine in C:\Games\. No need to reinstall, just move the folder.