PDA

View Full Version : select/toggle engines

DmdSeeker
05-16-2006, 03:28 AM
In the controls menu; one can map keys to both select left & right engines; and toggle them.

What's the difference between the two functions?

I'm used to the select function; and have them mapped to my joystick; so my start procedure for the Mosquito is be:

Select left engine. Start engine
Select right engine. Start engine.
Select all engines. Throttle up....

What would toggle do?

scaredycat1
05-16-2006, 03:41 AM
You can deselect an engine by by hitting the button you assigned. Like to feather the left prop, you would deselct the right engine, then hit the feather button. {hope that makes since}

DmdSeeker
05-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Thanks; I'd pretty much guessed as much; although I've never yet used feather nor extinguisher (which planes support those two functions; any one know?).

But what does toggle do??

Taylortony
05-16-2006, 01:12 PM
on my X45 throttle I have the hat button 3 ( next to rudder rocker) configured to do the flaps, one push fwd for each stage down and one back for up, the left and right one selects an engine, one push left for left throttle then moving the throttle operates only the left engine, and right operates only the right, after say about 10 secs they then revert to both operating again on the throttle, all be it at what ever settings both are at, but it is awesome for taxying, also doing power turns in evasion and best of all correcting takeoff swings, as it starts to swing i simply select the lagging side and carry on increasing power only on that side until airborne then clean everthing up and balance the engines out.

DmdSeeker
05-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Yes; that's pretty much how I use "select engine"; but what does "toggle engine" do?; or have I misunderstood?

WTE_Galway
05-16-2006, 04:49 PM
I never bothered trying it but I always assumed with one engine selected it selects the opposite engine and deselects the current one.

Try it and see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

p1ngu666
05-16-2006, 05:24 PM
toggle WILL mess u up. just use select

i think the mossie has extinguishers and feather. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

general_kalle
05-17-2006, 12:31 AM
is there any plane apart from tb3 that has extingisher

WTE_Galway
05-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by general_kalle:
is there any plane apart from tb3 that has extingisher

if i recall correctly (its a while ago) the P38 had them in the original FB but they were removed in a later patch