PDA

View Full Version : Are blackouts different now?

RedNeckerson
01-23-2005, 12:05 AM
It seems to me that blackouts come on a bit sooner now, especially at high speeds. It seemed especially noticable online tonight - I augured into the ground twice because of blackouts.

Has there been a change to the way blackouts are modeled?

Has anyone else noticed a difference?

RedNeckerson
01-23-2005, 12:05 AM
It seems to me that blackouts come on a bit sooner now, especially at high speeds. It seemed especially noticable online tonight - I augured into the ground twice because of blackouts.

Has there been a change to the way blackouts are modeled?

Has anyone else noticed a difference?

3.JG51_BigBear
01-23-2005, 10:08 AM
I haven't noticed anything but I haven't had the chance to get into a heated dog fight online in a couple of weeks and you don't really need to push the planes all that hard while fighting the AI.

TooCool_12f
01-23-2005, 10:22 AM
depends on plane you fly.

planes that have good response at high speeds may black you out faster... and since FM is tweaked with each patch, you can see differences in the speed at which blackouts occur

Von_Rat
01-23-2005, 02:03 PM
has anybody tested the mustang blackouts, it seems to me that while flying the mustang it may blackout faster, due to its great elevator but it recovers alot quicker than any other plane.

i haven't had time to do full testing yet, has anyone else noticed this.

Tiger27
01-23-2005, 08:42 PM
I dont believe they change the blackout effect at all but as TooCool said the flight model tweaks may effect elevator response which would bring it on quicker

RedNeckerson
01-24-2005, 11:26 AM
I fly the FW190A-9 online in warclouds.

I haven't noticed any real difference in elevator responce for this aircraft, but I admit, this could be a possibility for the blackouts.

I haven't flown the other high-speed fighters like the P-51 so I can't comment on it.

With the FW190A-9 the blackout comes on fast and is almost like getting the "BSOD" (Black Screen of Death) and lasts for a loooong time.

It even seems to happen in high-speed rolling maneuvers like defensive rolling scissors, a situation that I'm in quite often in warclouds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif