PDA

View Full Version : How can I make my wingmen attack a transport?

cmorris975
11-22-2007, 12:28 AM
I made a short mission to see if I could get my wingmen to strafe the "stationary dry transport" object in IL-2 1946. I get us all close, tell them to attack ships and then they all bolt off in the opposite direction from me.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

cmorris975
11-22-2007, 12:28 AM
I made a short mission to see if I could get my wingmen to strafe the "stationary dry transport" object in IL-2 1946. I get us all close, tell them to attack ships and then they all bolt off in the opposite direction from me.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

willyvic
11-22-2007, 12:37 AM
May try posting in the mission building forum. Might get a quicker response/help.

Me, I haven't a clue.

WV

Sillius_Sodus
11-22-2007, 01:07 AM
I believe you have to padlock the target to get your wingmen to attack it.

Good hunting,
Sillius_Sodus

bigbossmalone
11-22-2007, 01:22 AM
...and as you can't padlock ships, that obviously won't do the trick.
cmorris, probably the only way you'll get your guys to attack that ship is to load the mission in FMB, and give your flight a 'ground attack' waypoint, and select the specific ship as their target for that waypoint. Otherwise, you're not going to have much luck...

cmorris975
11-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Great, thanks for the info http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'll try bigboss's suggestion...

flyingloon
11-22-2007, 01:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigbossmalone:
...and as you can't padlock ships, that obviously won't do the trick.
cmorris, probably the only way you'll get your guys to attack that ship is to load the mission in FMB, and give your flight a 'ground attack' waypoint, and select the specific ship as their target for that waypoint. Otherwise, you're not going to have much luck... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
does the "padlock ground target" not work on ships?