PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on whispering.

Nick1021
10-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Okay so I just heard about whispering. This seems like such a stupid idea. Please UBI take this away, it seems so stupid. So pursuers who tried to be stealthy will just give themselves away? As soon as the prey hears this they will just run away and you'll have to chase them and get 100 points only.
Maybe whispering as soon as the killing animation starts?

faka-me
10-25-2010, 04:56 PM
what is whispering?

Nick1021
10-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Well the pursuer starts to whisper when he is near his prey. So all the prey has to do is listen and he will know if he is being pursued. And it's not even that close. It's a few steps away so the prey can easily run away. And their is no way to stop yourself from whispering.

SiCofReality
10-25-2010, 05:05 PM
There's already a discussion about this, and my conclusion is before you complain, play the game and see how it is. If its not good there's always patches depending on if it really ruins it.

Thinking is great... experiancing is better.

Preversive
10-25-2010, 05:05 PM
The biggest NO about it is in my opinion the fact that if you were an assassin... would you start whispering when you were close to your opponment?

Btw, there will be noise from the city overwhelming the whisper, so focussing on it may be go part with a loss of concentration... making it harder to spot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif?

Nick1021
10-25-2010, 05:10 PM
I just hope it's for the best. But right now it sounds like it ruins the game.

E-Zekiel
10-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Why does everyone thing that the assassin himself starts whispering? I think it's much safer to assume that the "crowd" is whispering, and they get louder as your pursuer gets closer.

I have mixed feelings; I think it can be either good or bad, but most of all, I think I need to play it with this change to see if I like it or not. It COULD be good in that it forces people to be even more stealthy and incognito so as not to be identified. Or it could be overpowered. We shall see.

cless711
10-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by SiCofReality:
There's already a discussion about this, and my conclusion is before you complain, play the game and see how it is. If its not good there's always patches depending on if it really ruins it.

Thinking is great... experiancing is better.

Agreed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SleezeRocker
10-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Preversive:
IF you were an assassin... would you start whispering when you were close to your opponment?

True but remeber these are dumbarse Templars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
and with SiCo, yes it's best to see on final game, and if turn out like hell, we can whine about it here or we'll will hunt Ubi Montreal! lol

piggypig890
10-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Maybe Ubisoft will release another teaser trailer in a week or two that will show a little tidbit of what the whispers will sound like. I'm not making judgment until I see it, gotta put some trust in the developers.

Grygier
10-25-2010, 09:06 PM
oh boy yeah i dislike this takes the surprise element away. I like being observent in order to spot my pursuer.

let's hope it's not as bad as we are thinking.

LadyXandrix
10-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Im actually looking forward to seeing how this plays out exactly. It could be a good or bad thing, but either way it wont break the game...

InarusT
10-26-2010, 03:11 AM
It would be better if the crowd started shouting and pointing when they see people on roofs:P

EzioAssassin51
10-26-2010, 05:08 AM
Where did you guys hear the stuff about the whispering (pun not intended). I read the MP Improvement List (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/news/12196.html) on the ACB Website and all it mentioned was a Pursuer Proximity Sound. Might not even be whispering, might be quieter and harder to spot?

Can you guys tell me where you got the whispering from please?

EDIT: Don't worry, i found it...

And yes, i think it could break the game, but i'll play it before i judge it. I just hope they are not too obvious!

cless711
10-26-2010, 06:29 AM
What i think is that when your doing high profile actions the citizens will be whispering about your actions. But when your incognito everyone sees you like a normal citizen.

Well we won't know till the game plays out :P so might as well wait

Mr_Shade
10-26-2010, 06:31 AM
I will try and get some clarification on this for you guys..

dnav1
10-26-2010, 08:06 AM
i'm really really afraid about this feature...hope it won't completely screw the game...

pls let us try this before final release: open the beta a couple of days ( also for only level 20 players would be fine)

why the hell the target should listen the whisper if i move in stealth mode????????
it would be of only in the case the assassin is a runner...but if the whispers starts in any case, this will screw completely the game....

Also afraid of stun improvements: it was fine as it was...

What to say: at least i played the beta for more then 15 hours i enjoyed a great game....

REALL DISAPPOINTED???

and more over: WHERE IS THE MUTE ALL FEATURE that 100% of betaplayers asked for?

it should have been the first improvement implemented in the game...

HaxGeneration
10-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks Shade, looking forward to what you can dig up for us http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Deathgrim666
10-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, this feature has to go.

Nick1021
10-26-2010, 02:02 PM
This would actually be pretty good if you are on roofs or running around. But if you are in incognito then it totally screws it up and thank you Mr.Shade.

Grygier
10-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by InarusT:
It would be better if the crowd started shouting and pointing when they see people on roofs:P

that would be halrious!

thank you Mr_Shade we hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

GunnarGunderson
10-26-2010, 05:01 PM
actually, running when you hear whispering would be a very bad idea because then your pursuer knows exactly who you are, and besides they fixed the stun mechanic.

EzioAssassin51
10-27-2010, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by dnav1:
and more over: WHERE IS THE MUTE ALL FEATURE that 100% of betaplayers asked for?

Lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

You can already mute players. When the actual match has started (which they should have changed) you pause, go to abstergo agents and push X on who you want to mute!

TendoT
10-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Why does everyone thing that the assassin himself starts whispering? I think it's much safer to assume that the "crowd" is whispering, and they get louder as your pursuer gets closer.

I have mixed feelings; I think it can be either good or bad, but most of all, I think I need to play it with this change to see if I like it or not. It COULD be good in that it forces people to be even more stealthy and incognito so as not to be identified. Or it could be overpowered. We shall see. It would discourage me from being stealthy. You can choose from walking towards an enemy stealthily and have them hear you and run away. Or you could run up to them and kill them

d34dm4nn
10-27-2010, 04:39 AM
This Sounds really good can't wait to see how this plays out when AC:B comes out... plus it helps build up your stealth skills, and how good you are also how you play as an assassin while apporching your targets... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

salted onions
10-27-2010, 10:43 AM
I can imagine screwing around with your target like that. Walk towards him, walk about, walk around, walk closer, all the while the whisper keeps coming and going. This would be awesome and fun to do were it not for the fact that there would also be an assassin watching you do this the entire time, waiting to kill you. D:

Nick1021
10-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by childprodigy:
I can imagine screwing around with your target like that. Walk towards him, walk about, walk around, walk closer, all the while the whisper keeps coming and going. This would be awesome and fun to do were it not for the fact that there would also be an assassin watching you do this the entire time, waiting to kill you. D:
Are you kidding me? You would be stunned before you could even walk towards him.

salted onions
10-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:
Are you kidding me? You would be stunned before you could even walk towards him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgive me, I haven't played the beta and from what I heard stunning is like the most frustrating thing to do for some people o_o how large would the hit detection be for stunning anyway, and how does it even work exactly? I thought you could only stun if they aren't incognito

Nick1021
10-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by childprodigy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:
Are you kidding me? You would be stunned before you could even walk towards him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgive me, I haven't played the beta and from what I heard stunning is like the most frustrating thing to do for some people o_o how large would the hit detection be for stunning anyway, and how does it even work exactly? I thought you could only stun if they aren't incognito </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Okay I haven't played the beta myself but I know how everything works and how easy it is. Stunning was hard because people didn't quite understand it. People who understood it got like 3 stuns every game. And they buffed up the stuns so it's going to be even easier.

Jack-Reacher
10-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Yea people didnt understand how it is to be used. Its not how its used, its all about when you use it. Your supposed to be able to pull off the whole animation before the pursuer even presses square because they are caught off guard

dnav1
10-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dnav1:

You can already mute players. When the actual match has started (which they should have changed) you pause, go to abstergo agents and push X on who you want to mute! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

friend : i played the beta for 20 house or so, i know i to mute players: BUT in the BETA:
-YOU could not mute players while waiting for other agents
- You had to mute manually one by one other players DURING THE GAME...

You know that there isn't a MUTE ALL option at the moment, and that everyone complained about that

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dnav1
10-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

any "good" news???

KCizzll
10-28-2010, 11:32 AM
If this applies to predators in stealth then this change is ridiculous and makes no sense. Why would someone walking through a crowd cause such a stir?
But not people running up the sides of buildings and jumping off rooftops?
I really hope this change is anti-runner, otherwise it has no place in this game.

Mr_Shade
10-29-2010, 03:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

any "good" news??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nothing at present..

Slightly confused about what you consider 'good' news though?

Nick1021
10-29-2010, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dnav1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

Slightly confused about what you consider 'good' news though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well maybe he thought if the news was good. But Good news for me would be just any info.

Apprentice12345
10-30-2010, 09:41 PM
if the whispering only started when your pursuer was running it might be ok but we'll see, im verrry interested 2 see how this plays out, it does sound cool i admithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but then it takes some of the stealth away watever, ACB will still kick butthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dnav1
11-03-2010, 07:12 AM

Slightly confused about what you consider 'good' news though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really Really Good News: " the whispers feature was an april fool: our developers worked so much that they even don't know we are in november. So no whispers at all"

Really Good News: " I Asked the gamedesigners and they told me that the whisper feature was implemented to limit Runners and it triggers only in High Profile Mode: if the players is in low profile, no whispers at all"

Good News: "I Asked the gamedesigners and they told me that the whisper feature will be tested this week end by all betatesters! so warm up youe ps3s and let's see at Siena on saturday night!!"

Bad News: "" I Asked the gamedesigners and they told me that a whispers is activated anytime the assassin is near the target, no matter if in low profile: so whispers all the time"

Really Bad New " the same as Bad News and moreover the game name changed to Assassin Creed: Nooobs, after a strict battle pool again AC:Whispers and AC:****ers"

Really Really Bad News: " the same as Really Bad News: plus the game will be realized after GT5"

obliviondoll
11-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

Forgive me, I haven't played the beta and from what I heard stunning is like the most frustrating thing to do for some people o_o how large would the hit detection be for stunning anyway, and how does it even work exactly? I thought you could only stun if they aren't incognito </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Okay I haven't played the beta myself but I know how everything works and how easy it is. Stunning was hard because people didn't quite understand it. People who understood it got like 3 stuns every game. And they buffed up the stuns so it's going to be even easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
All that's been said is that they improved the rules for stunning. They haven't confirmed if this makes it easier to pull off, harder to pull off, easier to tell when to stun, harder to counter, or something else. All we know is that it's changed in some way they think is better. There was no "stun has been made more effective" notice. I'm hoping they clarify what "stun rules improved" actually means.

Also...

Really Really Bad News: " the same as Really Bad News: plus the game will be realeased after Duke Nukem Forever"
Fixed a couple of spelling mistakes for you.

Mr_Shade
11-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Just got full details on this Whispering guys...

I think your going to enjoy it ALOT...

Here's the skinny on the 'Whispering':

When you approach your target, once you get within close enough range, they will be able to hear the things you say (provided you have voice chat enabled).

This is done for those who want to play with their targets a little... you have to be pretty confident in your assassination abilities to give away your proximity, but we wanted to make sure that people could express that confidence if they chose to.

Could it ruin stealth? Sure... but that is your choice as the hunter. You can choose to blow your cover if you wish, but it's completely at your discretion. If you don't wish to use the feature, simply be quiet on your approach or mute your mic.

The whole idea is that, if you want to taunt your target (which could be useful for a variety of tactical reasons such as causing them to panic and expose themselves if they are hidden in a crowd or have used the Morph ability), you should be able to taunt them using the tools available to you like voice chat.

You don't have to tip your hand if you don't want to, just be sure that you are as quiet as an assassin!

Hope that helps!
Gabe

Thanks to Gabe for the info...

So.. you can 'whisper' if YOU want.. or just say 'behind you' as you stab them from the front..

It's completely upto you so you can play with your victim!!!!

Oatkeeper
11-03-2010, 01:30 PM
<STRIKE>yeah, its a really ******ed feature. Maybe if it was only when you are discreet, but doing it all the time is stupid. Not only does it punish people who take slower approaches, but it probably will distract players to look for their targets and possibly therefor make themselves obvious. Not to mention I really liked how much skill it took to figure out and punish pursuers in the beta.</STRIKE>

Edit: Okay I read the post above, before that I assumed it was the NPC wispering. It seems like a silly feature but I dont see how it would effect the game play in wanted, becuase in Wanted mode everyone can talk to everyone.

DarkicoN14
11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Im still confused on what whispering is

Mr_Shade
11-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
Im still confused on what whispering is It's YOU talking to Your target when you get close.. if you wish too...

So you can whisper.. or scream upto you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Suppose 'Voice taunts' are another name for it ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

realgangsta213
11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
Im still confused on what whispering is It's YOU talking to Your target when you get close.. if you wish too...

So you can whisper.. or scream upto you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Suppose 'Voice taunts' are another name for it ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Psychological warfare... I like it!
I'll just have the death melody from once upon a time in the west playing every time i'm close to someone...

But what is the range on whispering. Is it like 10 feet or more like walking right up to the person?

Oatkeeper
11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Can you turn off the wisper, becuase I would find it distracting and prolly end up revealing myself when looking for the source of the wispering.

PhiIs1618033
11-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I haven't played the beta yet, but as long as it is close enough so that it's very hard to escape, why not? :P

Mr_Shade
11-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by realgangsta213:

But what is the range on whispering. Is it like 10 feet or more like walking right up to the person?

According to Gabe - it's close range, so no more than a couple of metres or same distance as a whisper in real life http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
Can you turn off the wisper, becuase I would find it distracting and prolly end up revealing myself when looking for the source of the wispering.

That's the idea I think.. for your hunter to use it to scare you into doing something, as well as for him to gloat...

Eziosantos
11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Oh my God now because of this whisper thing i'm just gonna be the Harlequin and i'm gonna play the Joker's "Why so Serious?" line through my mic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Rakudaton
11-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Eziosantos:
Oh my God now because of this whisper thing i'm just gonna be the Harlequin and i'm gonna play the Joker's "Why so Serious?" line through my mic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

^^^ THIS!!! This this this this this.

Unfortunately I won't have the harlequin character... D:

extrememuffin
11-04-2010, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

You can already mute players. When the actual match has started (which they should have changed) you pause, go to abstergo agents and push X on who you want to mute! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

friend : i played the beta for 20 house or so, i know i to mute players: BUT in the BETA:
-YOU could not mute players while waiting for other agents
- You had to mute manually one by one other players DURING THE GAME...

You know that there isn't a MUTE ALL option at the moment, and that everyone complained about that

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i didnt complain about it. i almoust never mute somebody even if they are some little 9 year old with a squicky voice ranting on about how they are going to pwn me. the only time i mute is if they are playing loud music. so your 100% is false

and how do we know when we are inside the range for whispering. it would be sort of dumb if we started whispering "why so serious" but we started outside the range so the target only heard "rious"

AKFlash
11-04-2010, 11:12 AM
What is whispering? Explain please.

Grandmaster_Z
11-04-2010, 12:05 PM
i see dead people

Deathgrim666
11-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by AKFlash:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

AKFlash
11-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by deathgrim666:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKFlash:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just do not know much English, so could not find the answer among the posts. So if you can, help me.

Deathgrim666
11-04-2010, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:

Suppose 'Voice taunts' are another name for it ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LittlLegs
11-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Then how about stun, i think that if someone would hear the whispering they would walk around spamming the O button(or do you have to target first or something?)

And how about the thing Dnav said?( the Testing we may do this weeks end?)

obliviondoll
11-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Just got full details on this Whispering guys...

I think your going to enjoy it ALOT...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here's the skinny on the 'Whispering':

When you approach your target, once you get within close enough range, they will be able to hear the things you say (provided you have voice chat enabled).

This is done for those who want to play with their targets a little... you have to be pretty confident in your assassination abilities to give away your proximity, but we wanted to make sure that people could express that confidence if they chose to.

Could it ruin stealth? Sure... but that is your choice as the hunter. You can choose to blow your cover if you wish, but it's completely at your discretion. If you don't wish to use the feature, simply be quiet on your approach or mute your mic.

The whole idea is that, if you want to taunt your target (which could be useful for a variety of tactical reasons such as causing them to panic and expose themselves if they are hidden in a crowd or have used the Morph ability), you should be able to taunt them using the tools available to you like voice chat.

You don't have to tip your hand if you don't want to, just be sure that you are as quiet as an assassin!

Hope that helps!
Gabe

Thanks to Gabe for the info...

So.. you can 'whisper' if YOU want.. or just say 'behind you' as you stab them from the front..

It's completely upto you so you can play with your victim!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unless you're otherwise muted, this seems like it's going to change... well, nothing...

But will be AWESOME to play with if it's done right...

"it's behind YOOOOUU!!!!" *enemy panics, and runs forwards, straight into my blade.*

"But I wasn't"

Mr_Shade
11-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Don't forget just because everyone could hear everything [in Wanted] in the beta, does not mean you can in every game mode in the final game..

Certain game modes may rely on you working with a team mate - so voice is 1 to 1 - unless your close to the victim http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

extrememuffin
11-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Don't forget just because everyone could hear everything [in Wanted] in the beta, does not mean you can in every game mode in the final game..

Certain game modes may rely on you working with a team mate - so voice is 1 to 1 - unless your close to the victim http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
do you know the awnser for the question i asked above?

Mr_Shade
11-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by extrememuffin:

do you know the awnser for the question i asked above? I think I answered that before?

The range is only a couple of meters - so normal 'whiper' range..

Practice will tell you when your close enough.. I don't think there will be a HUGE on screen pop up to say 'SCARE THE N00B NOE!!!!' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Assuming that was the question? - since you didn't really ask me? [unless I missed it? LOL]

LittlLegs
11-06-2010, 06:54 AM

Good News: "I Asked the gamedesigners and they told me that the whisper feature will be tested this week end by all betatesters! so warm up youe ps3s and let's see at Siena on saturday night!!"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is this For REAL?